Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the game today, loving every minute of it. I never played the original....so I am starting with that first.

Just picked it up! :rock I loved the original but I will probably play it again for the hell of it.

This is out already?! I didn't get a call from my gamestop (I pre-ordered), guess I'll head out and pick it up today.

I think I'll try multiplayer first if possible.

I think I'll try multiplayer first if possible.

The MP is alright, it reminds me a lot of Unreal Tournament or something. Unfortunately not many people seems to play it online. But as we know the highlight of this game definately is the campaigns.

I finished the Dark Athena campaign. It's the weaker of the two, but still fun. I just wish there were more stealth sections and less gun play.

Just beat butcher Bay today, it was great. The game definately is dated though; I can only imagine playing this back in 2004 and the game probably would have been far better because it was the next best thing for it's time.

Gonna start Dark Athena in a day or two. It sucks to hear that it is mainly a shooter and doesn't have the sneak element of the first game. Hopefully you can still do various side quests.

just beat it and it's freaking awesome. i almost want more games instead of another movie.

and why the hell isn't there a 1:6 Riddick figure? somebody make one and send it to me.

Gonna start Dark Athena in a day or two. It sucks to hear that it is mainly a shooter and doesn't have the sneak element of the first game. Hopefully you can still do various side quests.
wtf? yes it does. it's a stealth-action series. the only thing that changed gameplay-wise is the combat system. and there are side quests.

Ok. I finished the 2 campaigns 2 weeks ago..The game is Awesome but there are some things that anoying me.

-I was looking an interview with the Starbreeze cast members and they said that Assault on the Dark Athenea was "the most ambitious project" they had been involved¿¿¿????:confused::horror

Lets see;

-This game and The Darkness which was released in 2007 has been developed by Starbreeze and have used the same Engine for both games (Doom engine).So..why the Darkness looks much better than Assault on the Dark Athenea?I mean,In The Darkness Game the characters models are much better,detailed,realistic and have crisp and detailed textures..However in TCOR the characters models are pretty poor and "basic":sick

-The stages In the Darkness are bigger,much more detailed,realistic,colourful and interactive compared with the Riddick game.

-The Darkness has AA x4 and some graphics filters while the Cronicles of Riddick did not even has Aliasing???:confused:..

Ok. I finished the 2 campaigns 2 weeks ago..The game is Awesome but there are some things that anoying me.

-I was looking an interview with the Starbreeze cast members and they said that Assault on the Dark Athenea was "the most ambitious project" they had been involved¿¿¿????:confused::horror

Lets see;

-This game and The Darkness which was released in 2007 has been developed by Starbreeze and have used the same Engine for both games (Doom engine).So..why the Darkness looks much better than Assault on the Dark Athenea?I mean,In The Darkness Game the characters models are much better,detailed,realistic and have crisp and detailed textures..However in TCOR the characters models are pretty poor and "basic":sick

-The stages In the Darkness are bigger,much more detailed,realistic,colourful and interactive compared with the Riddick game.

-The Darkness has AA x4 and some graphics filters while the Cronicles of Riddick did not even has Aliasing???:confused:..

The Darkness was the best game Starbreeze made and 100 times better than Assault on Dark Athena. I was disappointed the way AODA turned out, I was hoping for it to be more like the Darkness in the term of gameplay and design of the game.

The Darkness is in my top 50 games of all time and I was disappointed with Riddick this time around.

Back