Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely agree with xpl0sive. Thanks again El Mule for being a constant source of reason. Bashing the Hot Toys endo on its sculpt served no purpose but to lead this discussion into completely irrelevant territory (which too many on this forum were more than happy to venture into) while ignoring the issue at hand: concerns regarding the paint job on Chronicle's endo. With the exception of the visible pegs (couldn't they have been made less visible by making the surface of the base less even or perhaps adding some debris for the endo to step on?), there hasn't been any real criticism of the sculpt. But a poor paint job can ruin even the very best of sculpts. If anything, Chronicle did itself a disservice by trying to compare its endo to the Hot Toys endo because, while there was no doubt about the sculpt of Chronicle's endo, I think that pictures of the Hot Toys endo highlight how much better the chrome on that "cheap toy" looks compared to the paint on Chronicle's endo.

Gotta be honest here... I like the Hot Toys Endo much better than the CC Endo. All that chrome and poseability goes a long way when it comes to the Terminator.

I completely agree with xpl0sive. Thanks again El Mule for being a constant source of reason. Bashing the Hot Toys endo on its sculpt served no purpose but to lead this discussion into completely irrelevant territory (which too many on this forum were more than happy to venture into) while ignoring the issue at hand: concerns regarding the paint job on Chronicle's endo. With the exception of the visible pegs (couldn't they have been made less visible by making the surface of the base less even or perhaps adding some debris for the endo to step on?), there hasn't been any real criticism of the sculpt. But a poor paint job can ruin even the very best of sculpts. If anything, Chronicle did itself a disservice by trying to compare its endo to the Hot Toys endo because, while there was no doubt about the sculpt of Chronicle's endo, I think that pictures of the Hot Toys endo highlight how much better the chrome on that "cheap toy" looks compared to the paint on Chronicle's endo.

Hilarious. Here's something to try out. If you don't like it, don't buy it or return it if you don't like it. Problem solved. I've never seen so many a n a l-retentive people in my life.

Hilarious. Here's something to try out. If you don't like it, don't buy it or return it if you don't like it. Problem solved. I've never seen so many a n a l-retentive people in my life.

If that is true, then congratulations on being completely sheltered from the real word. Thanks for your insightful post -- I never realized that we had the option of not buying or returning this.

If that is true, then congratulations on being completely sheltered from the real word. Thanks for your insightful post -- I never realized that we had the option of not buying or returning this.

I don't understand what your point is. We have been concerned with the paint from day 1. You act like knowone is talking about it. Bashing the HT started when people started attacking the sculpt of the CC one, you always bring up pieces to compare to when new stuff comes out, nothing new there. Too many people want a chrome endo when this one was never going to be that. I personally did not like the paint they used for the bust either, I just hope this finish ends up looking more like the polished metal paint effect of the 1:1 than the metalflake paint look of the bust.

I'm not sure what to make of such a strange response. Because I don't interact daily with people who obsess on things they buy, I'm sheltered? That makes zero sense, but par for the course here. Unlike you I actually wait until I receive items before going "rain man" on them. Actually I don't do that. I send items back if I am unhappy with them. Whining on forums and attacking companies on the internet isn't a hobby of mine. No one makes you buy anything and if you're not happy with the direction of a company you've bought something from, cancel it.

Some people have been bitching about the paint for all the Genisys pieces Chronicle has done because those people want a bright, shiny chrome Endo. The only problem with that is that the endoskeletons in the film aren't shiny chrome--either on the screen or in real life. As for the Chronicle pieces, I have the 1:1 bust and the 1:1 endo and neither are chrome--this one won't be either. You're either ok with that or you're not, but acting like this is something new is ridiculous.

I don't understand what your point is. We have been concerned with the paint from day 1. You act like knowone is talking about it. Bashing the HT started when people started attacking the sculpt of the CC one, you always bring up pieces to compare to when new stuff comes out, nothing new there. Too many people want a chrome endo when this one was never going to be that. I personally did not like the paint they used for the bust either, I just hope this finish ends up looking more like the polished metal paint effect of the 1:1 than the metalflake paint look of the bust.

Genuine question: has someone really bashed the Chronicle sculpt?
There was maybe one user who talked about 3D prints' definition but I also got the impression that other users/white knights took it as a chance to move the argument out of track when (as you say) most of us just really want to know about the final paint finish, which has nothing to do with the sculpt, nothing to do with the Hot Toys version.
And yes, I agree of course the Genisys endos are not chromed, but there are ignorant folks like me that are not really into each different kind of paint, it's pretty clear to me that onscreen Endos and 1:1 props had some kind of shiny metal finish that's not, as you say, the silver metalflake paint we've seen. So that's what we're expecting or something close to that.
For the millionth time, this is what we saw on screen (before CGI), simply NO amount of talks will convince people otherwise:

Terminator-Genisys-Full-Size-Endoskeleton-6.jpg

Also, for the records... nothing wrong with getting it in hand and returning it. As long as someone of the users here is willing to pay the customs fees + shipping back in case me and the other four people that bought it with me are not satisfied :) yes, international customers still exist. We're being pushed out of the hobby much quicker than US customers, but there are still some of us around - sorry to bother with our silly complaints.

Yes, read back, a few started on the sculpt. As for the paint, we were never getting the 1:1 finish, that was also explained in the thread earlier as well as the bust thread. The fact that they can't seem to find a paint even close is the main problem they have been trying to address. I also have the same issue with my 1:1, like the one in your pic. The company that did them for CC bailed 3 orders short and I was one of the 3. So I get to worry about the finish on both of them now.

Dumb question then: what about the silver paint that Sideshow used on the latest 1:1 Endo bust? I know some people here said it looks cheap (that's a very used word in this thread lol), but it does look somewhat closer to the 1:1 props of the movie than the current one, has that kind of smoother finish with no grains/flakes/whatever they are.
Possibly also with a thicker layer of paint or some kind of coat that prevents it from scratching just by looking at it

If where you display your endo has as much natural light coming in as the picture above, it will/should look just as shiny.

Dumb question then: what about the silver paint that Sideshow used on the latest 1:1 Endo bust? I know some people here said it looks cheap (that's a very used word in this thread lol), but it does look somewhat closer to the 1:1 props of the movie than the current one, has that kind of smoother finish with no grains/flakes/whatever they are.
Possibly also with a thicker layer of paint or some kind of coat that prevents it from scratching just by looking at it

I don't know what they use, but I know many are not too happy with the paint on the 1:1 V2 full endo either(the original was actually chrome plated). Could be the same paint on the new bust, but I don't know. I think the point you are trying to make is yes, their "paint" looks more like metal than the paint used to simulate metal CC is using. Might also have a lot to do with the base layers they are putting down.

If where you display your endo has as much natural light coming in as the picture above, it will/should look just as shiny.

It might, but we don't want just shiny, there is a huge difference between shiny and realistic smooth "polished" finish. They failed with the bust, but killed it with the 1:1. I don't know if it can be replicated with whatever silly restrictions are keeping China factories from using the correct paint. I hope it can get sorted, as I really want them both to turn out great.

Yep Paul has stated that, but it's been delayed quite a few times due to quality issues. I've got a feeling this is going to be something special with Paul ensuring it's pretty much as perfect as he can get it

Yep Paul has stated that, but it's been delayed quite a few times due to quality issues. I've got a feeling this is going to be something special with Paul ensuring it's pretty much as perfect as he can get it

If this is what delays get us I don't mind waiting. Looks awesome!
New picturest8s.jpgt83.jpgt84.jpgt85.jpgt87.jpgt81.jpg

Last edited:
Back