Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus from a collectible stand point, if nothing else Genisys might help provide some great classic Arnold pieces for fans. Chronicle had mentioned they have access to Legacy's digital files for their products and will be producing some 1984 T-800 statues/busts.

Agree with everything you've said. The top of my cabinets are reserved pretty much exclusively for Chronicle products and Coolprops at this point! This endo is going to be a killer piece.

T3 was good simply due to it being pretty much nonstop action.

Salvation in comparison was a snoozer.
Lame ass ending...see it coming a mile away too.
:cuss
"Here...have my heart..."

Sadly the more I look at these Gen one's, I keep seeing a car bumper in the chest plate.

Yeah, I found T3 > T:S. Simple reason, the plot is better in T3.
As someone pointed out, at least in T3 you have the final climax when they realize they were never meant to avoid the war, that's a fairly decent point.
In T:S it's just a boring "nothing happens" until you get to the end, with Skynet's ridicolously convulted plan to let the resistance infiltrate his base (duh) and then just throw the Terminarnold against Bruce Wayne. Another huge letdown is that the future depicted in T:S isn't by any mean similar to the dark apocalyptic future we've seen in Kyle's nightmares in T1.
Overall, they're both piss poor movies, but I had much higher expectations for T:S due to the above, I always loved the small glimpses of the future we got in T1 and expected Salvation to show something along that line.

Yeah the future wars from T1. I thought you would see that also in T:S. BUT nope, one guy "sneaks" in while the other is "let" in.

Great battle.... :(

I might be crazy, but I actually liked T3 WAY more than Salvation. :dunno

Sure T3 had its goofy moments, the glasses/talk to the hand thing, :slap but to me it felt more like a Terminator movie having Arnold in it, getting to see some pretty cool action scenes like the truck/crane chase scene, the fights with the T-X. Not to mention it was more brutal with some things like the T-X punching through that guy's chest to take the wheel. :horror

I even liked how it ended with them having to accept the fact that Judgment day is inevitable, to accept that he was never ment to stop it, just to survive it.

I only watched Salvation once in the theaters and was so bored with it I can barely remember anything about it. (I Actually forgot Ironside was in it until you mentioned it Python, lol). He does make everything better though. :duff

The only thing I remember liking in Salvation was Anton Yelchin as the young Reese, I really think he knocked that out of the park and he put a smile on my face a few times in the theater as I seem to remember him picking up some of Biehn's mannerisms. I could totally see him growing up to be the Reese we all remember.

In fact, I wish they had made the whole movie about him and not that dull and boring Marcus character. I think that would have been a much more interesting movie. I actually like Sam Worthington, but I just remembered not getting into his character at all. Wondering why this story is even following him when we should be following Connor or Reese.

So much of Salvation was a major misstep to me that I've never had any interest in revisiting it.. ever again.

I really think in retrospect, Salvation made me appreciate T-3 way more as a decent entry into the Terminator storyline. Maybe I'm nuts. Lol

I agree with this. I like the actor too, but I didn't like the character or the storyline here.

It really is odd to me that they didn't choose to have the story be about Reese. Such a massive, missed opportunity to tell his story. He's just as important as Connor, if not even more so being his father and the one who saved Sarah to begin with.

It makes me angry that the writers though it was a better idea to make up some new character and try to shove him into the mythology. What the hell were they thinking??

Yeah, the more I look back on Salvation.. The more I think I've moved from 'I don't care about it' to 'I actually hate it'. :gah:

It should have been Reese's story.

Oh well, here's hoping Genisys beats the odds and turns out to be entertaining. :duff

It really is odd to me that they didn't choose to have the story be about Reese. Such a massive, missed opportunity to tell his story. He's just as important as Connor, if not even more so being his father and the one who saved Sarah to begin with.

It makes me angry that the writers though it was a better idea to make up some new character and try to shove him into the mythology. What the hell were they thinking??

Yeah, the more I look back on Salvation.. The more I think I've moved from 'I don't care about it' to 'I actually hate it'. :gah:

It should have been Reese's story.

Oh well, here's hoping Genisys beats the odds and turns out to be entertaining. :duff

Disagree. I loved the original Reece, but the Anton (Reece) guy sucked. One of the biggest killers of realism in T4 was the blinding Hollywood white teeth of Anton in the ruins of the city. I'm not a stickler for detail, but his blinding white teeth are all I see when he first comes into the movie, plus he doesn't fit the roll. He's more geeky than anything else, not a future warrior. Marcus destroys him as a character/acting, and is on par with the original Reece. I hated Anton as Reece (worse then Arnold CGI), and Bale as Connor. Marcus was the best character in T4, period and saved the movie, for me.

I honestly can say with all of the problems I have with this movie... I did not notice an issue with his teeth. Lol

But if you were so easily distracted by the actors clean teeth, that's probably a good example of just how boring this movie was.

Regardless of how you felt about the depiction of Reese by the actor, you can't possibly feel that Marcus is a better character than Reese could have, and should have been.

The Marcus character is one of the dumbest ideas a writer could have come up with for this Terminator movie.

The whole, 'he's a cyborg and doesn't know about it', thing was dumb and unnecessary for the future war stories.

It's like the writers felt with no Arnold they had to come up with an excuse to have someone else be filler for the indestructible protector roll.

They should have just made the movie about Reese moving up the ranks of the resistance, make it a military/war movie set in the future war against the machines, and have it actually resemble the future war we had seen hints of.

Not make it look like a lesser, poor man's Mad Max.

This movie was dead on arrival with little to no redeeming value. The most entertaining thing about it was Bale's on-set melt down.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

You mentioned Marcus saved the movie for you, and that's cool if it did.

For me, and a lot of Terminator fans.. nothing saved this dud.

McG should have stuck to Charlie's Angles movies and left Terminator alone.

I honestly can say with all of the problems I have with this movie... I did not notice an issue with his teeth. Lol

But if you were so easily distracted by the actors clean teeth, that's probably a good example of just how boring this movie was.

Regardless of how you felt about the depiction of Reese by the actor, you can't possibly feel that Marcus is a better character than Reese could have, and should have been.

The Marcus character is one of the dumbest ideas a writer could have come up with for this Terminator movie.

The whole, 'he's a cyborg and doesn't know about it', thing was dumb and unnecessary for the future war stories.

It's like the writers felt with no Arnold they had to come up with an excuse to have someone else be filler for the indestructible protector roll.

They should have just made the movie about Reese moving up the ranks of the resistance, make it a military/war movie set in the future war against the machines, and have it actually resemble the future war we had seen hints of.

Not make it look like a lesser, poor man's Mad Max.

This movie was dead on arrival with little to no redeeming value. The most entertaining thing about it was Bale's on-set melt down.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

You mentioned Marcus saved the movie for you, and that's cool if it did.

For me, and a lot of Terminator fans.. nothing saved this dud.

McG should have stuck to Charlie's Angles movies and left Terminator alone.

For some strange reason I Googled "Terminator 4 Kyle Reese teeth" and the following was the first image that it returned -

colgate1.jpg

I guess other people noticed, too 8)

Is it forbidden to say Statueforum in here or something like that? It is kind of weird to always read "the other forum" :p

If they're on one forum why should it matter if they're shown on another forum? The guy already shared them with a ton of people.

If they're on one forum why should it matter if they're shown on another forum? The guy already shared them with a ton of people.

Given that they reprisent very early progress, he probably just wants to keep them all in one place so people can see them in context.

Back