Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you can get someone to take the patch off and embroider it back on properly, which may not be that difficult to do, then I'd just return it.

Or, BurningRage, if you like the figure that much just pay for a custom cape; the cape that it came with is garbage anyway, even with the correct symbol patch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

I was able to switch the cape from my leaning version. Good thing the zipper on the back was there. Just had to cut and sew the strap at the back. I could always take the cape to a tailor to redo the bottom if I want.

I finally got this statue and the S on his chest is absolutely horrendous. It's not centered with the red border has round corners and just looks poorly made. It's unfortunate because the statue looks great other wise. But for me the S makes the suit.

I feel like I got cheated as the photo from their site looks awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/xe4vhPYl.jpg

I still haven't heard from SS about my replacement shipping out. If it doesn't go out today then I won't get it until next week. :mad:

And here was sideshow's reply.

Dear Steven,

Please know that we have compared your photos to the display that we have on hand. Please keep in mind that the photos that we have one line are the prototype and not the finale product.

If you feel that you are not fully satisfied with the item you may decide to return your item for a PPO refund. A PPO refund mean that you will be getting the product price of the item and will need to pay to ship it back out to us. If this is the case you will receive a separate email which includes an RMA number for your return. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your refund.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you so much and have a super day!
Best regards,

Belén Moreno

Might as well just sned it back and get full refund. You could probably pick this up the road later way cheaper, even after you take in factor paying for the shipping back to SS.

man, this is a new low for sideshow.

lets hide under the "it's a proto pic" to explain away obviously crappy craftsmanship and force customers to eat the shipping costs rather than own up to the problem.

I want to be level-headed and "constructive" but there is no defending this...

Turns out SS shipped my replacement but they are sending it to my house instead of my work for some reason. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow since I'm sure I'll miss UPS at home.

I know this has been hashed about, and most likely will be again.. but I'm not sure how a company can look at those "S" photos and then send an email like that...??? I'm actually starting to rethink where I spend my collecting dollars... it's getting to the point that I don't want to purchase any of their items before I see in-hand pics.. EX versions be damned... Then to add insult to injury your going to make the customer pay shipping to return a obviously flawed statue.. for shame SSC..it's actually insulting to us.. the customer. This is not some crazy rant about a paint fleck that you can't notice until the image is blown up 300%... I'm really wondering how many of my collecting dollars with go to SSC in the next year.. so sad...:( Serve me up bad food enough and eventually I'll eat some place else....this isn't the only restaurant in town...:)

OK, I'm done with this piece of ****. I got my replacement and it's ridiculous that SS let something like this get shipped out. The base pieces are loose and feel like they aren't going to stay together, the water pieces are the same and feel like they're going to fall out if you touch them, the statue is leaning like crazy, and there are big gaps where the boots meet his legs. I'm sending it back for a refund and not rolling the dice for a second replacement. I wanted to like this statue and was willing to forgive the faults with the cape and "S" but if they can't get it right with 2 statues then I'm not willing to try a third.

cr pf leaning.JPG

cr pf boots.JPG

OK, I'm done with this piece of ****. I got my replacement and it's ridiculous that SS let something like this get shipped out. The base pieces are loose and feel like they aren't going to stay together, the water pieces are the same and feel like they're going to fall out if you touch them, the statue is leaning like crazy, and there are big gaps where the boots meet his legs. I'm sending it back for a refund and not rolling the dice for a second replacement. I wanted to like this statue and was willing to forgive the faults with the cape and "S" but if they can't get it right with 2 statues then I'm not willing to try a third.

View attachment 182722

View attachment 182723

Wo8ld it help if you had Superman set in the base the right way??

View attachment 182722

View attachment 182723

Sorry to hear that fellow collector[emoji20] and I know you really tried. While I didn't go through as much effort as you did over this statue I think in the end you will come to peace with yourself on sending it back, I know I did. I gave myself a week and a half with mine allowing myself to perhaps allow it to grow on me but in the end the weak craftsmanship of this statue,the cost, and the fact that it represented Reeve as my Superman so poorly was too overwhelming to keep it. Best of luck! I hope in the future some company steps up and creates the masterpiece Reeve Sups statue that we want and that Reeve's memory deserves.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

Sorry to hear that fellow collector[emoji20] and I know you really tried. While I didn't go through as much effort as you did over this statue I think in the end you will come to peace with yourself on sending it back, I know I did. I gave myself a week and a half with mine allowing myself to perhaps allow it to grow on me but in the end the weak craftsmanship of this statue,the cost, and the fact that it represented Reeve as my Superman so poorly was too overwhelming to keep it. Best of luck! I hope in the future some company steps up and creates the masterpiece Reeve Sups statue that we want and that Reeve's memory deserves.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

Thanks--it's really irritating that this statue turned out this way. If I could have gotten one that stood up straight and was put together better I actually would have kept it. I guess that shows how desperate I am to have a Christopher Reeve statue in my collection. Crossing my fingers that another company gives it a shot.

Two more pics. One with my LSB to really show the lean, and one with the dam tab that arrived with a hole in it and shows part of it is hollow.

cr pf leaning 2.JPG

cr dam.JPG

I'm not sure what you mean. The square peg only goes in one correct way.

You have it way off to the side.. I square peg is just that.. Square. So you should be able to take it out turn the figure upwards and place it back in correctly.. There is a video out there where some guy did the same thing you did then adjusted it like I told you.

Here is video.. He gets it too far off the opposite way of yours.

You have it way off to the side.. I square peg is just that.. Square. So you should be able to take it out turn the figure upwards and place it back in correctly.. There is a video out there where some guy did the same thing you did then adjusted it like I told you.

Here is video.. He gets it too far off the opposite way of yours.

I know what you're talking about but when the peg is inserted all the way into the base, he leans. There isn't any wiggling or turning room to get him to stand up straight. I've messed with it every way I can to try to get the statue straight and it's just not happening. If I take it out and turn it a quarter turn it ends up like the guy had it the first time he tried to put his on the base. There is only one correct way to put the statue on the base.

Back