Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Hahaha I'll be the Australian one.

Looks like Open Reg is coming soon according to SDCC...

I like this PF. The head sculpt isn't the best but I like it. The base is cool and something different for a change. Shame shipping to Australia will cost a fortune.

I'm wanting it the more I look at it. I'm a huge fan of Reeve as Superman and he was a huge part of childhood, as many have said; he made us believe a man could fly. For the fans out there passing on this, are there other embodiments of Reeve out there in statue form that are better than this?

I know that is not the best reason to buy but this might be the best representation of Reeve as Superman we get in 1/4 in mixed media.

Yep, will PO today :yess: still not a massive fan of the EX but I don't think I can wait for the extra 2-3 months if ordered the Reg locally :impatient: just noticed that the price is $425 :horror :horror how comes? :dunno Also, I hope the cape isn't going to drive everyone crazy with OCD futzing!!! :lol

I'm ready. Gonna play the movie theme while ordering.

Yep, will PO today :yess: still not a massive fan of the EX but I don't think I can wait for the extra 2-3 months if ordered the Reg locally :impatient: just noticed that the price is $425 :horror :horror how comes? :dunno Also, I hope the cape isn't going to drive everyone crazy with OCD futzing!!! :lol

Sideshow are charging more cos there is a donation to the Reeve foundation factored in with each fig sold.

You missed charitygate in the first thread :lol

Dave's a big boy. He has heard and seen it all before. :)

Spidey, Wasn't it just one guy who said that people who liked this were not "true fans?" I only say that because your comment makes it seem that all of us who don't like it are bashing on those that do.

In all honesty with the exception of a few the comments about this piece have been pretty tame. This is nothing like "Wormgate" :)

Just setting the record straight for those that are just starting to visit this thread.

Put me in the "Think the head sculpt is good, HATE THE POSE, don't like the dam" category. Even if he did strike that pose in the movie or movie stills I would still not care for it. It looks awkward to me and unnatural. Hell even the Chin has said it looks off.... And he loves the thing. But it is 1/4 scale Christopher Reeve and the head sculpt is pretty dead on. So I can see why many are happy.

I think he actually looks pretty nice and natural from this angle. But all others just don't look right to me.

ssc_reeve5.jpg

Still I look forward to seeing more of him at SDCC and when people get him In Hand. Superman the Movie is one of my all time fav comic book films so it will be fun to see this piece in peoples collections... Hope it meets the expectations of those that ordered it.

It has been said in a few spots m8 or at least hinted at.

It seems that Sideshow have answered our prayers and changed the EXclusive. The green crystal is now removed and replacing it is a....guitar :rock

y8y6uge8.jpg

LOL, that is a sweet guitar playing pose. I am not too bothered by the pose, but the head sculpt looks weird and a bit creepy to me, as is the one on the Cinemaquette. Not sure what it is exactly. But that's a deal breaker. The base is also pretty odd IMO. Sticking with the comic styled PF.

Hmm, very sneaky of SS to hide that godawful black rod bottem in every promo except the full pic with the Ex. Hopefully that shot is also included in the Reg add or people get a nasty surprise.

Is anyone else bothered by the markup?

Hahaha I'll be the Australian one.

Looks like Open Reg is coming soon according to SDCC...

Good luck getting a ticket, bro...damn near impossible. But, if you've already booked the flights, at least San Diego is a damn fine place to visit...love that City.

You ever been to SDCC before?

I assume you've already signed up for your Member ID.

I tired to get tix last year, logged on at exactly the release time, and didn't even get into the waiting room. SDCC need s a better ticketing system.

I went in 2010, and just went to the site one day and there were tons of single day tix...I had no problem at all. I've tried to get tix every year since, and haven't even come close.

Back