Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

This pose would have been great.
7e5e8amu.jpg

I reserve judgement until the full reveal, well, partial judgement, true judgement is in hand.

BTW where did the sculptor's response come from?

The sculptor, himself, posted that response at "Statue Forum".

I really don't mind the pose because he is hovering in mid-air. To me it looks like he just made a split-second decision and is about to head off in a new direction. I'm actually relieved that it isn't one of the regular poses but I do understand why others may have wanted what they consider to be a more iconic pose.

So it's definitely water bursting through the concrete dam. New question...will the water have a light up feature?

water with a light up feature? That would be funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not this posse? Imaging he already made us believe a man could fly this is the one!

CW-SII-Fortres.jpg

:horse:horse:family

How do you know? There's what two real pics so far :lol

True. I can only guess how bad it is by those two pictures that make it looks absolutely awful.... I wonder why people don't come down on those who are convinced that it's great with only two real pictures so far :lol:lol:lol??? Ahh the Mysteries of the SSF board.

PS - Has there ever been a preview pic that was this bad but turned out to be pretty good in the pre order photos??? Serious question.

Again I am not referring to the face sculpt so much.. I can except that the face sculpt can look different depending how the photo was taken.

But the pose.... We have seen a few photos and even and video... It seems to be consistently bad. Has there ever been another piece to do this but turn out looking great on the pre order photos.

I think that SSC got their poses messed up. Not that I would want them to change the Comic PF but the pose on the comic PF better suits the Reeve PF.. Chris always said that he underplayed the part. The Suit was the star. So no real dramatic superhero poses. Superman is always in a classic superhero pose in the comics. So the Reeve PF is much better suited to a Comic version of Superman and not Chris Reeve.

Either way, with what we have seen so far, that pose would/will suck for both but it is defiantly not a Christopher Reeve Superman pose.

Like I said... I hope I am wrong... I hope this is not the Rambo PF of the DC collectable world.

Chris always said that he underplayed the part. The Suit was the star. So no real dramatic superhero poses. Superman is always in a classic superhero pose in the comics. So the Reeve PF is much better suited to a Comic version of Superman and not Chris Reeve.

Exactly!

I saw a pic of a new 1/4 scale custom on facebook. it is still rough, but more promising than this by far...

True. I can only guess how bad it is by those two pictures that make it looks absolutely awful.... I wonder why people don't come down on those who are convinced that it's great with only two real pictures so far :lol:lol:lol??? Ahh the Mysteries of the SSF board.

PS - Has there ever been a preview pic that was this bad but turned out to be pretty good in the pre order photos??? Serious question.

Again I am not referring to the face sculpt so much.. I can except that the face sculpt can look different depending how the photo was taken.

But the pose.... We have seen a few photos and even and video... It seems to be consistently bad. Has there ever been another piece to do this but turn out looking great on the pre order photos.

I will say that the first teaser photo of the comic Black Widow (last year on Instagram) was not very flattering. The full reveal looked great, though. So, maybe there is hope for this yet.

The first preview pic of the GL bust had people complaining. It looked better in the rest of the photos and especially at the comic con pics/videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back