Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't have to be bloody to be tense.

Other than the beginning with the cool raining propaganda flyers and people getting picked off one by one (which was great I thought, the movie goes down hill when the lad goes to take a dump), what were some of the tense moments you speak of? Were you really tightening up at Nolan's 10th go at a drowning scene?

I found the whole movie kept the tension going very nicely.
Obviously you didn't :duff

I was just starting to like you SNIKT.

Even Following (1998) is better than most movies today.

Nolan like Aronofsky, O.Russell, Fincher & the Grand Master - Paul Thomas Anderson, is simply incapable of making bad movies.

Just because Nolan's never made a bad film doesn't mean that every one of his movies have the exact same level of quality. He has a high and low end like anyone else, even if his lows are better than most others' highs.

I like the fact that it felt almost like a Russian author movie.
Do something that experimental in a big studio it's quite cool.
I liked the bombastic music, felt like an opera.
Missed the violence tho.
Now this won't probably make any difference fir all the moviegoers around the globe but man it would have been nice that Nolan and his production designer worked a bit more on their sets. As soon as you see a shot of the city you can see that it's been shot last year lol
70/80's buildings and urban lights... Seriously man...

I like the fact that it felt almost like a Russian author movie.
Do something that experimental in a big studio it's quite cool.
I liked the bombastic music, felt like an opera.
Missed the violence tho.
Now this won't probably make any difference fir all the moviegoers around the globe but man it would have been nice that Nolan and his production designer worked a bit more on their sets. As soon as you see a shot of the city you can see that it's been shot last year lol
70/80's buildings and urban lights... Seriously man...

had to be on purpose including contemporary buildings...had to:dunno

Nah... That has nothing to do with any subtext or poetic liberty.
Movie wants to be as realistic as possible.
They just did not care about that aspect.

Back