Chris Howes, Toy sculptor, Checking in

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.Howes_Sculptor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings to all! My name is Chris Howes. I just signed up with Sideshow Freaks and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm new to the 1/6 custom world. However, I'm not new to the collectible world. In fact, I've been in the Toy and Collectible business for 20 years as a designer and sculptor. There's a good chance you've seen my work at some point if you've walked down the toy aisle at your local mega mart.

I've worked on some fairly prominent products from action figures and model kits for Jurassic Park to Star trek to Star Wars to Austin Powers and so much else it's hard to keep track.

I've also had work in a number of Movies and TV shows, most notably Independence Day and Third Rock from the Sun.

Now I'm getting involved in Custom work. Got REAL tired of the corporate world and I'd much rather work with people who have a passion for what they do.

Anyway, I'll be around if anyone has any sculpting questions. Check out my web page to see a selection from my portfolio of work from throughout the years at https://www.chowes.com.

Here's a look at a 1/6 Arnold Schwarzenegger I recently sculpted.
gov.jpg

He's available on eBay (check my website for a link). There's also a group commission afoot to have me sculpt a Robert Downey Jr. head. There's a thread in the General Movies/TV Collectibles forum.

Thanks, I look forward to getting to know you all!

-Chris Howes

Good to have you here Chris! Nice work on Arnold there. :rock

I see you actually sculpted the iris into the eye. I've never come across a 1:6 sculpt done like that. I like it because most of us can't paint a round iris to save our lives but I don't like it because it limits the options for eye positions. It's a two edge sword.:lol

I really look forward to seeing more.:cool:

I can't wait to see the RDJ sculpt....maybe something along these lines as well?

heroes-nbc-season-2-episode-10.jpg

CHRIS! Welcome in to a wild new warren of fun for you!
Great to see your work after all these years!

Ah, the memories, SCAD, the Kanter building, movies at midnight on the 12 foot screen...
And now, you are a sho-nuff pro dude! Welcome in my friend! We have much to discuss!

And get crackin' on that RDJ! We needs ya here!
(Great Arnold! Love that!)

Good to have you here Chris! Nice work on Arnold there. :rock

I see you actually sculpted the iris into the eye. I've never come across a 1:6 sculpt done like that. I like it because most of us can't paint a round iris to save our lives but I don't like it because it limits the options for eye positions. It's a two edge sword.:lol

I really look forward to seeing more.:cool:

A little epoxy putty to fill in the iris in a casting is all you need to reposition his gaze, so it's the best of both worlds!

Back