[Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#2054 ~ 1/6 Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1713 Will Ferrell WIP

Great job man! I'm new to traditional sculpting and I am usinng sculpey firm as well, however I always have problem making a smooth surface especially after I add an subtract a volume to the sculpt it always appear bumpy an weavy.

What did you do to avoid such thing and to have a smooth surface like that?

Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1713 Will Ferrell WIP

Great job man! I'm new to traditional sculpting and I am usinng sculpey firm as well, however I always have problem making a smooth surface especially after I add an subtract a volume to the sculpt it always appear bumpy an weavy.

What did you do to avoid such thing and to have a smooth surface like that?

I actualy try to smooth the surface with my fingers, I also use a tool like this to blend:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6159275/il_fullxfull.217528189.jpg?ref=l2

Those are rubber clay shapers, they come in different sizes and hardness.

Another trick is using turpentine and a small brush, but be carefull not to use too much turpentine or you'll make the surface look muddy, another ingredient is patience as I find smoothing quite stressing.

Really loving this sculpt! Awesome work!

Thanks for the kind words Machew1031 :)

Johnny, that Ferrell is amazing. Are you going to mold that out prior to the Burgundy conversion? would love to get one if made available.

Wills looking great. I've got to commend you on the level of finish and detail you're able to achieve with sculpey. That's a tough task.

Johnny, that Ferrell is amazing. Are you going to mold that out prior to the Burgundy conversion? would love to get one if made available.

Hey mate, thanks a lot, yeah I will be molding it, then I'll make a Burgundy after. As for the regular Will version, I'll make it available later on, so keep an eye on the interest section, I need to finish lots of stuff before taking on Will after I've done with Burgundy, I need to stick to the projects I have going on or I'll be swamped!, hehe.

He is still being modified in some areas. Thanks again.

Wills looking great. I've got to commend you on the level of finish and detail you're able to achieve with sculpey. That's a tough task.

Means a lot Caine, thanks. Sculpey is the only clay I've ever used until now, I am not saying I am experienced with it, but I kinda know how it behaves, at least the way I need it to behave. :)

Great news. I'd love to see a Jackie Moon version as well - bald head for Afro wig. I think you've got a really great base to go in a number of additional directions, whether it's full figures or just sculpt release(s).

Haha awesome! This sculpt makes me :)

Thanks Scott, means a lot! haha.

Great news. I'd love to see a Jackie Moon version as well - bald head for Afro wig. I think you've got a really great base to go in a number of additional directions, whether it's full figures or just sculpt release(s).

My plan actually, make a "base" sculpt then mod him to his various incarnations with some mods. :p After Burgundy I'll see what else he can be modded into.

You're ridiculously great at this. :lol

Thanks mate!!! :) :) :)

Please take on Elf after =)

Now that would make fora great Christmas release and a great figure my boys love elf .

Will Ferrell done!.

1536595_635753589821683_296091839_n.jpg

1604620_635753743155001_1427433538_n.jpg

1535550_635753709821671_1671399089_n.jpg

Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1735 Will Ferrell FINISHED

:lol :lol :lol

Needs more cow bell.

will-ferrell-cowbell-o.gif

Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1735 Will Ferrell FINISHED

Wow...that's stunning...seriously amazing work

Back