Celebration VI Confirmed - Orlando August 23-26, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here know how far the PO is from con?
Does anyone know if a poster tube can be a carry-on ?

When I came home from CV, I had my poster tube as a carry on. This time though, I think I may head to the post office to send my posters home.

At Celebration V, you could ship things directly from the con itself.
The shipping places at the con are usually WAAAY overpriced. I remember at CIV, they wanted $27 to ship a box the slowest method. I walked a few blocked to Fed Ex and shipped it faster for only $12.

AWESOME shirt design!!! I'll be ordering one for sure, and wearing it proudly!

When I came home from CV, I had my poster tube as a carry on. This time though, I think I may head to the post office to send my posters home.
At the last two cons I went to, I slipped the poster tube through the handles on top of my large duffel bag, combining them into ONE carry-on. I wasn't given any hassle... YMMV of course... If you have a giant sized tube (like the ACME lightsaber) that may not work so well...

The shipping places at the con are usually WAAAY overpriced. I remember at CIV, they wanted $27 to ship a box the slowest method. I walked a few blocked to Fed Ex and shipped it faster for only $12.

I wish I had done that. I spent way too much shipping my GG Boba and Hasbro figures last time. :monkey2

Regarding poster tubes, I have one that is adjustable, so I was able to adjust it to a shorter tube than regular tubes to take it on the plane with my backpack.

I won an Asajj Ventress FX saber from a party I went to and was able to carry that on the plane and I've always been able to carry a poster tube on with many different airlines.

Does anyone here know how far the PO is from con?
Does anyone know if a poster tube can be a carry-on ?

I have found that things are changing and airlines are changing. Some are even charging for carry on now.YMMV all around. I say you try it.

Final?

Sideshow+Freaks+CVI+T-Shirt_modified_4.jpg

I just submitted this design for approval. Let's see what happens. :pray:

I've got you all beat. My schedule:

Thursday:
Buy all the things! :panic:
Do a secret troop. :monkey3
Drink a lot

Friday:
Do a kickass flashmob. :panic:
501st Bash.:hi5:
Drink a lot more