Catalog No. 9 Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rogueboy said:
I never understood the need for a catalogue, when you can find everything online.
What do you do with the catalogue? Do people share the catalogue with non-collecting friends or something?

What else are you gonna read in the john? ;)

Actually, the catalog is moving away from being a catalog and more of a presentation book. Vol. 9 is a transition book that has elements of the past and some of how it will look in the future.

Sideshow's stuff sells out so fast that a traditional catalog is useless. By the time a current one is published and distributed, it's too late to order anything in it. The website is the source for up to date product info. The catalog has become something of a chance to present images and product info in a nice way, but it's more of a general ad for all things Sideshow than a useful method of selling particular items.

Thanks for clarifying. I noticed in the current and previous catalogs that there would be several items showing sold out. I always wondered why sideshow bothered to show them since they were no longer available.

tomandshell said:
Sideshow's stuff sells out so fast that a traditional catalog is useless. By the time a current one is published and distributed, it's too late to order anything in it. The website is the source for up to date product info. The catalog has become something of a chance to present images and product info in a nice way, but it's more of a general ad for all things Sideshow than a useful method of selling particular items.
That's why I want one. It's not to order product from, it's just a nice presentation of Sideshow's work. Sideshow does a really nice job with the catalogs and I like having them to go with my collection. That's all.

That's why I want one, too! I downloaded the new catalog last night (all 144 pages!), and thought how much I'd like to have a hard copy of it. Hopefully something I've ordered will have room for one! :D

I have an idea/suggestion. I am sure I am not the only person that only has 1/6 scale figures on preorder. Since they are not going to be released at the same time, I will never get a catalog.:monkey2 How about throwing in a catalog to customers who have at least 2 preorders with sideshow? I would love to have one, but since everything I have preordered is 1/6 scale, the catalog wouldn't fit. Maybe sideshow could reward frequent customers with the catalog. Just a thought.:D

I know in the past that many people here have gotten extra catalogs that they will either send out for the cost of shipping or sometimes even free. When the catalogs start shipping, if you ask for someone's extra, you'll probably be able to get one for the cost of shipping or less.

Speaking of ideas, the catalogue is such a wonderful visual guide, a coffee table magazine, so to speak. Why not send any extra's that you want to get rid of, to any place with a waiting room. Has to be better than stale old womens magazines.

When I asked if I could get a copy of the catalog, I didn't think Sideshow would go all out. I'd like to think they're putting out the signed slipcase edition just because of me!

Were do you Download the Catalog???........I cand find it on SS.com..............................Even if I order the LE Edition i will like to see the the electronic one

Back