Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am patiently waiting for a Nova and take this piece and Gamora as good signs he is a possibility now. That being said I hope they don't get to liberal with his deaign. I thought the Bowen Nova by the Kucharek bro knocked it out of the park. I just need that in 1/4 scale

Nova is a must, but more than anything I have a small glimmer of hope that Sideshow will do Adam Warlock. I was thinking the only way I'd see him would be through XM, which is still a possibility.

Are these made for children??? But anyways whoever this character is looks even better than I thought. I will need to find out if she's ms marvel or some info on her. She looks really cool. Is Mark newman the guy who did this? Whoever did this knock it out of the park! Was going to only buy DP from 12 days of SS because of prices but now I want this one too. No PO from me. Will buy later aftermarket for 400.00 to 435.00 shipped max. I'm sure it will happen at the new 500.00 price point.

Cons:

Price at 500.00

Pros:
Love the pose excellent job
Fully sculpted goodness
The portraits are out of this world well done! (Thanks Mark Newman?)
Great option with COH

Undecided:
QC is to be determine on release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alterations to the costume don't bother me as much as the exclusion of the helmeted piece with her hair sticking out. It's kind of like her trademark

Like creating a Magneto PF without the helmet he wore..

Anyways yeah I could blow reward points on this, only risk is the lack of quality assurance on production pieces

Now that these PFs are $500 will they still arrive hollow ?

---

Best Cap Marvel concepts imo

I really wanted to like this one too..

I think at the very least she will be like the XM Thor, solid through the leg with the rod and hollow upper body.

The pain application on this is going to be tricky (i.e., the gold lines on the body) so hopefully this is handled with care.

:dunno I thought a new year wipes out any old and all previous post? I promise to start fresh and be very helpful person to this community. :family
As for the statue costume, it does not bother me at all since I still can't figure how who she is. I guess a Ms Marvel from another time or universe in the comics. Since I don't the costume is all good with me. I did see the pics with the hair sticking out which does look even cooler. But oh well great either way. Is the Ex the switch out head? Hope so, those are the good old day ex thingy which was a good ex.

Cons:
No nips for a expensive adult collectible?

It's crazy, I know, but some people would like to have high-quality female figures without nipples flying all over the place. Just because something is made for adults, doesn't mean ya gotta sex it up-- this is Captain Marvel, not Dawn. Or we could be fair and bring back the Bat-Nipples for all future Batman figures, see how that goes. And believe me, I don't want that any more than anyone else does.

Go buy some epoxy clay, some blue paint, sculpt the nipples on yourself (that is, on the statue, by yourself, not on your self, unless you're into that, I won't judge)-- you can have as many you like, wherever you like. Back nipple, knee nipples, a cornucopia of nipples!

But anyway. Good thing I haven't read much Captain Marvel*, or else I would be forced to buy this (not like having no idea where a character is from has ever stopped me-- just ask me what half my Japanese figures are from). And let's just say. I do not have the money to buy this. Now if this were Kamala Khan, that would be an instant pre-order.

*And if this isn't too off topic-- should I? I have no idea how to feel about Deconnick, because one hand, Pretty Deadly is pretty (ha-HA) cool (as was Carol Corps), but on the other hand, well. B*tch Planet, the comic that includes a Feminism 101 essay with each issue.

It's crazy, I know, but some people would like to have high-quality female figures without nipples flying all over the place. Just because something is made for adults, doesn't mean ya gotta sex it up-- this is Captain Marvel, not Dawn. Or we could be fair and bring back the Bat-Nipples for all future Batman figures, see how that goes. And believe me, I don't want that any more than anyone else does.

Go buy some epoxy clay, some blue paint, sculpt the nipples on yourself (that is, on the statue, by yourself, not on your self, unless you're into that, I won't judge)-- you can have as many you like, wherever you like. Back nipple, knee nipples, a cornucopia of nipples!

But anyway. Good thing I haven't read much Captain Marvel*, or else I would be forced to buy this (not like having no idea where a character is from has ever stopped me-- just ask me what half my Japanese figures are from). And let's just say. I do not have the money to buy this. Now if this were Kamala Khan, that would be an instant pre-order.

*And if this isn't too off topic-- should I? I have no idea how to feel about Deconnick, because one hand, Pretty Deadly is pretty (ha-HA) cool (as was Carol Corps), but on the other hand, well. B*tch Planet, the comic that includes a Feminism 101 essay with each issue.

You'll have to excuse CBG, Sedge. He's the resident forum troll. Take everything he says with a shaker full of salt.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Nova is a must, but more than anything I have a small glimmer of hope that Sideshow will do Adam Warlock. I was thinking the only way I'd see him would be through XM, which is still a possibility.

Nova would tempt me even though he's not on list. Iused to love the New Warriors, but a Darkhawk...don't know if I could resist that.

Alterations to the costume don't bother me as much as the exclusion of the helmeted piece with her hair sticking out. It's kind of like her trademark

Like creating a Magneto PF without the helmet he wore..

Anyways yeah I could blow reward points on this, only risk is the lack of quality assurance on production pieces

Now that these PFs are $500 will they still arrive hollow ?

---

Best Cap Marvel concepts imo

I really wanted to like this one too..

Yeah, that would've been the head I displayed her with too. I thought the mohawk helmet look was a really clever update of the original Captain Marvel Kree fin. The Sideshow version looks more Roman, which I'm not as much a fan of.

You'll have to excuse CBG, Sedge. He's the resident forum troll. Take everything he says with a shaker full of salt.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Nova would tempt me even though he's not on list. Iused to love the New Warriors, but a Darkhawk...don't know if I could resist that.

You forgot A$$ Nipples Sedge and also Welcome to the Show.

Josh, You know you want her, I am torn now between Dark Phoenix and Ms.Marvel :lol

The resemblance is Uncanny

---

I guess her outfit already changed ...

I would like to see a Super Skrull PF

Both the REG and EX heads are great, IMO. The current mohawk on the helmet doesn't bother me that much.

Would love to change the sash to the original, tho.

You forgot A$$ Nipples Sedge and also Welcome to the Show.

Josh, You know you want her, I am torn now between Dark Phoenix and Ms.Marvel :lol

Howdy, y'all.

If it makes you feel better, I had face nipples and armpit nipples on my nipple-location short list. The phrase "smörgåsbord of nipples" was on the table at one point. How about eyelid nipples, that you can only see when the person's eyes are closed? It's like when you paint eyes on your eyelids, only with nipples.

And might I add: nipples.

Back