CAPTAIN AMERICA....UGH.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Multiple Man died from the legacy virus as well...then came back. That's why Captain America dying was such a lame "story". Nobody believes it will stick for long.

I don't mind the design at all...I do agree with someone who posted before that it just doesn't "flow" as nicely as other designs but it isn't something that I think is outrageous. There have been WORST Cap designs than this... anyone remember his "Armored" Cap outfit? Back when the super-soldier serum was supposedly killing him?

And besides, Ed Brubaker's & Steve Epting's Captain America is one of the BEST written and drawn comics out there right now. This is supposed to be a different Captain America than Steve Rogers (most likely Bucky/Winter Soldier considering how the storyline is going) so why can't the costume reflect that as well?

How many of you are actually reading the comic?

And besides, Ed Brubaker's & Steve Epting's Captain America is one of the BEST written and drawn comics out there right now. This is supposed to be a different Captain America than Steve Rogers (most likely Bucky/Winter Soldier considering how the storyline is going) so why can't the costume reflect that as well?

How many of you are actually reading the comic?

I agree that they are doing a stellar job on the story thus far. Yet I also liked the Death of Superman/Doomsday story at DC...but still hated poser Supermen and the real Supes in a black suit...with long hair. I also thought it was ridiculous when he was Superman Blue, Superman Red. I know its a different Cap from Steve. I read the comic. While its well done...there are parts about it I do not like. This costume, gun , knife and different person taking up the mantle are very much like the Death of Supes...or when Johnny Walker was Cap for awhile. Might make for a decent arch...but at the end of the day Steve Rogers is Captain America, in a classic outfit designed by Jack Kirby. Not Alex Ross.

Looks ok.. but i dont think its flashy enough?!

May they should put a gaint spinner on captian americas shield... like spinning rims..lol

This whole "political statement" is a bunch of crap.
Captain America is the same, the American ideal is still the same, but the American people have lost their way. Too much getting in touch with feelings, and not enough definition of right and wrong.

This whole "political statement" is a bunch of crap.
Captain America is the same, the American ideal is still the same, but the American people have lost their way. Too much getting in touch with feelings, and not enough definition of right and wrong.

That's how I feel as well. Captain America stands for what America SHOULD stand for and the values we were created with. Giving him a shiny upper body, a dark lower body... a gun and a knife does not make him more edgy or political at all. It just makes it ridiculous.

I think it's a dumb idea. Some Marvel characters outfits deserve revamps... Iron Man, Thor, Punisher, Fantastic Four... but some like Spidey and Capt America should stay constant. Their costumes are just classic and should never change.

Back