Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agent0028 said:
I agree with Tom, how can a swappable head, shield, and vanquished foe not be better than a goblet?

Best exclusive I have seen in a while. Best exclusive for a PF period.

This is what Boba Fett PF should have been with ESB and ROTJ versions.

tomandshell said:
The overall piece may not beat Doom, but I think the exclusive here is better than the goblet.

That's what I was trying to say.

The exclusive items on Cap are better than the goblet.

Khev said:
Ordered the exclusive. I'm in awe. I can't believe that the best Marvel PF is of my all time favorite superhero. I can't stop clicking on the thumbnails. An awesome, awesome figure. Click. Click. Click.
im with Khev!!! my favorite superhero has an awesome PF and Vs. coming out in the same timeframe.

it's days like these when we can forgive Sideshow increasing edition sizes and the Vs bust dioramas.

Awesome piece!

If they don't release Thor next I will be disappointed. I have high expectations for that one.

SolidLiquidFox said:
If they don't release Thor next I will be disappointed.
I was such a diehard Cap fan (and Cap comic collector) growing up but I never really got into the Avengers much. Who was the original core team? Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Giant Man and Wasp?

aveng4a.jpg

any comments on the Excl. being $30 more? personally i don't have a problem with it.

Khev said:
I was such a diehard Cap fan (and Cap comic collector) growing up but I never really got into the Avengers much. Who was the original core team? Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Giant Man and Wasp?

That's basically it.

You can add Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch to that list and you got your basic core Avengers. I hope they realize they do not have to make a Giant Man PF. They could make Yellowjacket and still round off the team nicely.

SolidLiquidFox said:
That's basically it.

You can add Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch to that list and you got your basic core Avengers.
That would be an amazing (and EXPENSIVE) collection of museum quality characters. The colors alone of the various figures would be quite striking in a team ensemble. I wish all you Avenger PF team builders well and look forward to seeing collection pics as more are announced and sold down the road.

As for me Cap will be my one shining Marvel piece, too regal and commanding to share the spotlight with any others. Ever since I noticed Jerry's lone Superman statue in the background of every episode of Seinfeld I wanted to have one definitive Cap piece somewhere in my home. I considered and passed on the Bowen statues many times over the years. Thank you SS for putting an end to my search! :chew

Vader AL said:
any comments on the Excl. being $30 more? personally i don't have a problem with it.

im happy with the price. i didnt even notice a difference until after i ordered it. doesnt matter, for the extra parts you get its a steal.

I think that I would almost always choose to pay a little more for the exclusive if it gave them the chance to do something a little above and beyond like with this piece.

Is there anybody here who would have preferred to have the exclusive be the same price but only have the alternate head? Not me, that's for sure.

Alternate Shield = a must have item

Interchangeable Cowl = nice retro touch

Nazi helmet/Ultron head = above and beyond. Very classy of Sideshow.

Yeah, it's worth $30. :cool:

Khev said:
That would be an amazing (and EXPENSIVE) collection of museum quality characters. The colors alone of the various figures would be quite striking in a team ensemble. I wish all you Avenger PF team builders well and look forward to seeing collection pics as more are announced and sold down the road.

I know people go crazy whenever I say there will be an Iron Man PF, but I'll say it again: I think there will be an Iron Man PF and it will have some kind of light up feature. It will be shinny, possibly a more retro style armor and it will be a museum style pose just like Hulk and now Cap.

I'm calling it early.

:cool:

Back