Captain A Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love a Captain America in my collection. Hopefully one day, you don't actually see them on ebay that often though. You see the odd one going up for crazy money but they just seem to sit there.

Wow, regular is now going for over $800? I got mine last year for $680 shipped. damn, these things just keep appreciating in value!

I missed an opportunity to get one at $700 because I was going for Spidey. Couldn't pass on my favorite character.

This market now supports popular and semi popular characters having EXs with ES of 1250 and more, so statues of popular sold out characters with lower ES and good quality are that much more desirable. Prices are gonna climb.

Cap EX was 875, a lot for its time. If it were today I think he'd be at least 1500 ES on the EX. More than Deadpool, less than Batman.

To me this is a personal grail! Love everything about this bad boy. If anyone has an ex and is looking to sell I'm looking for one! haha feel free to pm me ;)

Can only agree with all those great comments regarding the Cap...it certainly is one of SSC old school classics and definately a grail piece :lecture :)

Just for the sake of it...

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

Oh man.... Hope that the new one that will come in the future would look the half awesome than this...

Oh man.... Hope that the new one that will come in the future would look the half awesome than this...

A new one would probably have more detail to it, and maybe be in an action pose. I like this one, BUT out of the classic Marvel comic statues I think the Thor PF and Spidey Com have it over this one simply for the dynamic posses.

I will totally admit I am expecting most of the Marvel big guns to come out again seeing as the Dc line is coming out in a HUGE way with incredibly detailed MASSIVELY TALL statues that will make a lot of these older bad boys look small. Well, maybe not Thor...lol.... But hell Batman (with his base of cours) is the same hight as the new Hulk Maq. So yeah I am expecting some new big base Marvel Bad Boys in the next few years.

A new one would probably have more detail to it, and maybe be in an action pose. I like this one, BUT out of the classic Marvel comic statues I think the Thor PF and Spidey Com have it over this one simply for the dynamic posses.

I will totally admit I am expecting most of the Marvel big guns to come out again seeing as the Dc line is coming out in a HUGE way with incredibly detailed MASSIVELY TALL statues that will make a lot of these older bad boys look small. Well, maybe not Thor...lol.... But hell Batman (with his base of cours) is the same hight as the new Hulk Maq. So yeah I am expecting some new big base Marvel Bad Boys in the next few years.

You and me are in the same boat I guess :rotfl I'm new into this hobby and I've missed ALL the big ones (Marvel line).

I'm starting with the Hulk Maquette which I like a lot. I've no doubt that another Thor, Captain, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spidey will be made of course. I share your opinion about the awesome details in the upcoming products, but I liked a lot this costume and design of Captain America, which I dunno if will be repeated in the next PF.

Cheers! :1-1:

You and me are in the same boat I guess :rotfl I'm new into this hobby and I've missed ALL the big ones (Marvel line).

I'm starting with the Hulk Maquette which I like a lot. I've no doubt that another Thor, Captain, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spidey will be made of course. I share your opinion about the awesome details in the upcoming products, but I liked a lot this costume and design of Captain America, which I dunno if will be repeated in the next PF.

Cheers! :1-1:

Well the Captain America THe First Avenger PF is still available and it is a truly underrated piece, and it would go quit well with your Hulk. I know some complain about the pose, but I have it and I can confirms that it looks noble and stron in person.

I also think it is important that while SSC will most likely revisit these legends of Marvel I think for the sake of all collectors they need to have a new take n them. Spiderman ACTUALLY swinging, Cap throwing his shield, Thor smashing the ground, or coming down and bringing the thunder. It is one of the only things that Bowen and Koto seem to have over SSC. With the exception of Martin Canale's sculpts I can't think of to many truly dynamic SSC piecs:dunno

Back