Can anyone recommend a very good doll clothing maker? (details inside)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DARTH-THRASHER

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I tried this a few years ago, but the person that was helping me disappeared. I'm looking for someone that can reproduce high quality reproductions of the outfits you see below:

0341 - Copy.jpg

0339 - Copy.jpg

Accessories not needed. I'm only looking for the jumpsuit for Luke and the dark blue coat/scarf/gloves for Han. I can provide numerous reference photos.

Please PM me with pricing. I'm more concerned with accuracy than price.

Thank you.

They're the 70s 12" Kenner dolls guys, & I think the point is that the OP wants to recreate the vintage look - not bung new realistic gear onto those figures.

They're the 70s 12" Kenner dolls guys, & I think the point is that the OP wants to recreate the vintage look - not bung new realistic gear onto those figures.

VintijDroidGutzz, you are exactly correct. I want the look of the 1979/80's dolls. I can provide multiple prototype photos. I'm looking for someone that can source the fabrics and reproduce the outfits through some trial and error. I have absolutely no skills when it comes to making doll clothing, and I'd rather pay someone that can produce something that looks professional than spend an over abundance of time on my part and not be happy with the results.

Great project. I actually suggested Gentle Giant produce these since they're doing the Jumbo Vintage. They liked the suggestion but who knows if it'll happen.

Also, have you emailed Gus Lopez?

Last edited:
I emailed Gus Lopez and he didn't know.

But this eBay seller makes nice repro boxes...

I already ordered some of those reproduction boxes. They are fantastic! The seller is not very popular though on the Rebelscum forums.

I found someone that is in the process of making the outfits. We'll see how they turn out. I've exchanged emails with Gus about these dolls in the past. Since he owns some of the original prototypes, I don't think he's big on the idea of reproducing them, but I could be wrong. I would love to see a company such as Gentle Giant or Sideshow pick up the original concepts and run with it. I've suggested that to them in the past as well.

Back