Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Paragraphix set looks very good... still taking a wait and see approach to the different upgrades, but this one looks like a front runner.

I'm up to pack 5, I think 6 should be shipping soon. I think once I have the 6th pack I'll get back to working on the kit as I should have most of the interior bits.

So I was wrong... I actually have set 7 coming in a week :lol

Which is great since that seems to be the last set to finish the hallways and what-not. So now I can just go ahead and paint all of those areas in one go.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to do all the parts at once... although a layer of paint should not cause any issues, worst case scenario you could always sand down a bit, but if anything I think the paint would reduce any possible gaps in production.

Set 39 is the motor to make the ramp open and close :rock :rock

Anyone planning on designing correct versions of TP 1 and 2 and offering them on shapeways?

If anyone is interested, DeAgostini is doing $1 shipping. I'm not sure how long this has been going or how much longer it will last.

Don't need to be starting up any new models but I took advantage of the shipping deal to get some more of the binders.

HLJ has the first issue for pre-order for January delivery, and they are indicating a 100 issue run to complete the model. The price of the first issue is quite reasonable. I know it is most likely an enticement to start getting issues, but I am wishfully thinking the remaining issues will be at the same lower price. The magazine is in Japanese, but honestly I just want the model and clear enough instructions to put it together.

Just subscribe through DeAgostini's website. Why go through HLJ? Is it that much cheaper or something? Are you in a country that they don't offer it in yet? You get no hassle replacements if any of your parts arrive damaged with a direct subscription.

I heard back from HLJ and the initial issue was super reduced in price. I would love to get the subscription but I can't justify the regular going cost.

I am seriously considering joining the subscription for Build The Millennium Falcon and had called their office twice about the possibility of having all the issues from the first to the most current be billed and shipped on my first shipment, and then have the rest of the issues not yet published shipped the same way as everybody else's.

On my first customer contact, a male representative assured me that this was possible. I needed a second opinion before finally committing so I gave their office a call on a different day and reached a female representative. She mentioned that the subscription is strictly as it states on the website, and cannot accommodate my request to "catch up" on past issues by requesting to have them sent in one shipment.

Now I have 2 conflicting answers to the same question. I was ready to place my order, but I have to wait and see how this gets cleared up again. I would hate to be promised that a bulk shipment is possible only to be told after subscribing that it isn't. Not having that option on the website (to request all back issues to be sent in one shipment) only puts me at the mercy of the representative who's going to handle that request when I make it after placing the order.

I am seriously considering joining the subscription for Build The Millennium Falcon and had called their office twice about the possibility of having all the issues from the first to the most current be billed and shipped on my first shipment, and then have the rest of the issues not yet published shipped the same way as everybody else's.

On my first customer contact, a male representative assured me that this was possible. I needed a second opinion before finally committing so I gave their office a call on a different day and reached a female representative. She mentioned that the subscription is strictly as it states on the website, and cannot accommodate my request to "catch up" on past issues by requesting to have them sent in one shipment.

Now I have 2 conflicting answers to the same question. I was ready to place my order, but I have to wait and see how this gets cleared up again. I would hate to be promised that a bulk shipment is possible only to be told after subscribing that it isn't. Not having that option on the website (to request all back issues to be sent in one shipment) only puts me at the mercy of the representative who's going to handle that request when I make it after placing the order.

I was a little late to the party myself and what they allowed me to do was pay early,instead of a bulk ships meant I could pay for w month every day until it was caught up.so you may get 4 issues a day for 12 days then once your caught up sly oh switch to monthly

$1.00 shipping push me over the edge and ordered tonight. Here's hoping that I didn't bite off more then I can chew.
While I was feeling weak I also ordered the two SS Mcquarrie pieces.
I'll figure out how to explain the charges to the wife later.

Hey all... just thought I'd share a few things. I'm up to issue 40 now... got tired of waiting for people to make the figures for the Falcon so I went ahead and made them myself and put them up on Shapeways... I believe I got just about everyone done that is related to the inside of the ship and even Lobot... but am still working on a few more and possibly will make a few that will be in various poses later. But they are available now if anyone is interested... here's Han

625x465_4106981_13230014_1449074244.jpg

And you can see my shop here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/satyrsmodels

Back