Buffy Cartoon...Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Read it on slayerverse

https://slayerverse.org/sv2/index.php?comments=49730

Details are still a little vague, but the show will (at least start off as) an adaptation of the Buffy comic books. He described the series as “motion comics.” Will they be taking the original artwork and frames, just adding motion and sound effects, like the Watchmen motion comic or will they produce a more traditional animated show, using the comic books as storyboards, is not yet certain. And what comics, exactly, is also uncertain. Is it some of the original comics that were released during the show’s run? Or is it from Buffy’s “Season 8?” What is certain is that because they’re using the comic books as their starting point, all our favorite characters will be returning and this animated series will compliment the original series. Whether any of the original cast will provide voices is uncertain. But Joss Whedon is involved.

As my friend put it, “Whedon’s involved, but not on an ‘in-the-studio’ kind of way. He will pop in at bench-marks and give the thumbs up to make the studio happen. Not as much involvement as any of us want, but its better than not any at all.”

How the frick do you read the article? All I get is some stupid truck ad that says "My car is sponsored by google" and makes the obnoxious windows alert sound. :banghead

Hopefully we'll get some more news sometime soon since it's hard to know what to make of things at this point.

Last edited:
I say follow the comic storyline, and try and get as many original actors as possible then go for close matches.

This sounds promising. I'll take anything buffy I can get.its better than nothing!

I'm a little worried how this is going to be translated onto the TV. I'm not too sure about this whole "motion comics" theme. I hope it turns out to be a tradition cartoon series and NOT like the Watchmen-type "motion comics." I'm hoping it's just like the un-aired pilot we saw from years back.

I'm a little worried how this is going to be translated onto the TV. I'm not too sure about this whole "motion comics" theme. I hope it turns out to be a tradition cartoon series and NOT like the Watchmen-type "motion comics." I'm hoping it's just like the un-aired pilot we saw from years back.

I thought someone said it was suppose to bt like the Watchmen ones, or maybe that was just speculation.

I thought someone said it was suppose to bt like the Watchmen ones, or maybe that was just speculation.

I just used the Watchmen example because someone mentioned it earlier and that's the only motion comic I could think of at the time. But to me, there's just something weird about that format.

I was playing the Ghost Rider video game for the PS2 the other day, and it uses the same type of theme during it's cut scenes. And again, it's just....weird. :lol I know I don't have a good excuse as to why, but something about it is just....weird.

I just used the Watchmen example because someone mentioned it earlier and that's the only motion comic I could think of at the time. But to me, there's just something weird about that format.

I was playing the Ghost Rider video game for the PS2 the other day, and it uses the same type of theme during it's cut scenes. And again, it's just....weird. :lol I know I don't have a good excuse as to why, but something about it is just....weird.

Yea I definitely agree it is weird and for just a DVD release like Watchmen, it makes sense but a full on TV Show? I don't think so.

Back