Buffy and who?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Besides Buffy and me ;) who do you think she was meant to be with? Angel or Spike? And why?

For me, Angel. I think that Spike in the end is the better man but I do believe that Angel and Buffy have each other's hearts.

To be honest, I don't think Buffy should have ended up with any of them. She never was good at being in a relationship, and she was pretty much the epitome of a strong, singular female. So I think having a guy (or girl) just drags her down. I think she needs friends and her chosen family, but she doesn't need a love interest. I liked that she wasn't "with" anybody at the end of season 7. The shot of her standing on her own but surrounded by her core platonic group was an awesome way to end the series.

To be honest, I don't think Buffy should have ended up with any of them. She never was good at being in a relationship, and she was pretty much the epitome of a strong, singular female. So I think having a guy (or girl) just drags her down. I think she needs friends and her chosen family, but she doesn't need a love interest. I liked that she wasn't "with" anybody at the end of season 7. The shot of her standing on her own but surrounded by her core platonic group was an awesome way to end the series.
i agree with this but i do love how spike had feelings for buffy when he was still evil and he set out to fight to get his soul just for her.

Wow, all of us feel different. That's amazing, very interesting. I do agree with the fact she does well on her own. But I still think Angel and her share something very special.

Spike. Spike and her were actually fun to watch together(most of the time), Angel drove me crazy on Buffy and vice-versa. I didn't really care for Angel until his show started...then he ruled, but I hated them together.:rotfl

Come on! Buffy not mend to be with anybody? I don't belive it! Ain't that the core of the entire series??? Find, someone special you want to be with? Buffy, a teenager like 'you and me', but unfortunately not like 'you and me'? Romance ans all...
All that girl wants, is to be a normal girl, and in the course of the events, she realizes it's best to set aside these aspirations for some higher purpose... I jumped the Buffy train after the series was stoped, and so I got a chance to buy the box, and watch it from episode one till the very last one in one breath. I have to say that I like the early Buffy much more than what became of her in the end.
But to answer you question Buffy Girl, I belive it's SPIKE that should have won her heart eternally. Buffy was chasing after something she could never have, and, I belive the same can be said of Spike. Angel on the other hand, had it all and threw it away, repeatedly.

He threw it away because it was best for her.

Spike endured the punishment to regain his soul for her, but Angel sacrificed his happiness for her well being.

Buffy and Angel forever for me.

It's actually their love story that got me hooked on the show, and one of the reasons season two was the best was because of Angel losing his soul and turning into Angelus - that made everything so personal. Becoming was the first tv in history to make me cry. When she killed him and everything afterward - I got so emotional. That just proved to me how invested I'd become in them.

I liked Spike as he originally was - I never bought into the storyline where he decides to get his soul back. I just thought that was Whedon screwing with canon and making Angel look horrible. Just like I felt Anya was a poor substitute for Cordelia, I grew to think of Spike as a poor substitute for Angel.

And this is coming from someone who thought Spike/Buffy would have been appealing back near the end of season two. It wasn't that I didn't want it to happen at all - in fact, knowing Angel was gone and Spike was coming back had me hoping they would pair him with Buffy since I couldn't have B/A, but I hated how TPTB went about it. They had to ruin both Spike and Buffy to make it to happen.

Okay, Andrew aside I think it's pretty obvious (IMO at least) that Buffy's heart was always with Angel.

Redeemed Spike was awesome, but I don't think she ever loved him like she did Angel.

I do believe that Angel had Buffy's heart and her affair with Spike was more of a distraction for her than anything else....but if I had to choose ...I would pick Spike. I really loved his character.

I've always felt that, when it was all said and done, Buffy and Angel would be together. I hope that someday there will be a story that will bring closure to Buffy's legacy. I'd like to know, ultimately, what happens to all of the characters.

Back