Bros. Productions Die Hard (Dirty Johnny)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Store rooms is always much much cheaper but you take a risk because they are swindlers. They swapped out a lot of my Collateral items for cheaper stuff, like the tie and shirt. plus the rest of it were inferior versions. cheap castings and bad paint perhaps they re casted it themselves. When i saw the real deal in person i was floored at how great it looked and had to sell my store rooms version at a fraction of the price.

My Taxi Driver had the special edition sticker which meant it originally came with the head with hair and the bomber style jacket and both were missing plus the life sized king kong patch which comes with all versions. they swiped them.

They are dishonest and sleezebags. But i saved over 100 dollars on ebay price and got the basis of what i needed in the end. for something like this bruce where i want it for the figure itself and not for parts theres no way im going the SR route.

beware store rooms if i didn't only need the taxi driver for a few select items they would never have gotten my business.

Damn , you've just put me off buying anything from them again. :lol

Seriously guys don't buy from them. I'm not saying that as a disgruntled guy who was screwed over by them a few times but as someone who doesn't want to see his fellow collectors who spend big money on these things to be ripped off.

My brother still has his store rooms version of the Tom Collateral. We compared the two when i came home a few weeks ago to drop off some figures that were taking over my tiny NYC apartment and the two were like night and day

for those into getting them from other retailers you can trust vikingplayground, unitoyzone (i think but have not personally tried) toytokyo is where i go into in the Lower East Side and they get most of them, the right ones, the last few have been so nice i would have sore Obidiah and Transporter were Hot Toys. And because the Taxi Driver I got from Store Rooms just looked so bad im sure that it's a knock off too, there's no way it looked that caliber, but the guns, holsters, arm slider shirt and jacket and belt were all good and that's all i needed (though i would have LOVED the damn hair head and bomber jacket it was supposed to come with).

Store Rooms will have the cheapest price so don't be lured into their trap you get what you pay for. I'm weary of getting any bros production figure off of ebay now because i don't want it to come from them in some way. I'm hoping I can find Bruce at Toytokyo so i don't have to take a blind chance with ebay.

I think abc express should be fine to use from ebay and they seem to get a lot of the brothers production stuff in. Everything I've gotten from them over the years has been perfect and amazingly well packaged and I just can't imagine them doing something similar to what store-rooms seem to be doing.

Store rooms does seem dodgy, alright for the odd item I suppose, as long as you know if your looking at a knock off or a real product. Their gloved hands are all recasts and stuff. I think there's a few knock off bodies on there as well.

Not to mention they probabaly own or the same person runs about 3 of the other stores on e-bay. The similarities are glaringly obvious. As long as you get what you want and are expecting it's alright I s'pose!

They are sneaky though the sellers from hong kong etc. I've noticed lately they take photos of their nude bodies lying on their front instead of their back so you have a harder time telling what it is, they then label it as a hot toys body when it would be a bbi old body or something.

I've just ordered some stuff from one of the sellers, it will be a nervous wait until it gets here.

I use 7toys7 for parts and hke-bay, never had any problems with either. Must have bought over 200 seperate parts from 7toys.

7toys7 and toyanxiety are the ONLY places i use to get parted out stuff. (sometimes monkeydept and urbansamurai) can't say enough great stuff about those two. 7toys7 rarely has brother's production stuff tho.

I had some issues with Storerooms lately. Screwed up my order twice and took two months to get it right. But in the end I did get two free office chairs out of it and the right order. Weird.

I'm liking this for the weathering, hands and accessories. But I'm liking Daniel's sculpt more. There's no expression in this one. Kind of vapid. Still might have to get it, tho.

Store rooms does seem dodgy, alright for the odd item I suppose, as long as you know if your looking at a knock off or a real product. Their gloved hands are all recasts and stuff. I think there's a few knock off bodies on there as well.

Not to mention they probabaly own or the same person runs about 3 of the other stores on e-bay. The similarities are glaringly obvious. As long as you get what you want and are expecting it's alright I s'pose!

They are sneaky though the sellers from hong kong etc. I've noticed lately they take photos of their nude bodies lying on their front instead of their back so you have a harder time telling what it is, they then label it as a hot toys body when it would be a bbi old body or something.

I've just ordered some stuff from one of the sellers, it will be a nervous wait until it gets here.

Store-rooms indeed have 3 or 4 different stores on ebay. They are Manhohole, Commastore and Marketoys. They told me market toys is not their sister company, but last time I bought something form there I paid to this email [email protected]. :slap So they are obviously linked.

Like I said, parted out items I've had no problems with those stores, just the one Collateral figure, I'm going to order Bruce somewhere else, I'm afraid this might happen again. :p

Thanks for the heads up about store-rooms. I almost pre-ordered Deckard from there, but was put off by the "pay now even though we don't know when it is coming in stock" policy. I would prefer to go through reliable guys I have dealt with like apes_Hk97 or ABC Express, but even there, don't want to order several months in advance where you can't file a Paypal dispute if anything goes wrong. Will hold out until these are stated as "shipping in 30 days or less," preferably from one of those guys.

Jjust discovered this figure and it looks great, but I've never heard of Brothers Productions.

Can you take their sculpted heads and throw them onto a Hot Toys body and have it fit properly?

Jjust discovered this figure and it looks great, but I've never heard of Brothers Productions.

Can you take their sculpted heads and throw them onto a Hot Toys body and have it fit properly?

I don't know if the neckless sculpt needs some tweaks to fit, but I know the other sculpts with necks should work.

Store-rooms indeed have 3 or 4 different stores on ebay. They are Manhohole, Commastore and Marketoys. They told me market toys is not their sister company, but last time I bought something form there I paid to this email [email protected]. :slap So they are obviously linked.

I have bought from store rooms for my taxi driver parts and some have turned up still waiting on others,maybe in the next few days who knows.

But the packaging is marked commastore (store-rooms.com) and is also stamped "bbicn" which is another seller I have bought from a few times and had no troubles from yet.

Manhohole on the other hand took my money and nothing arrived for over a month and they were very apologetic and quick to refund blaming customs for delaying items. They also had the cheek to request positive feedback and assured me the items were sent and should arrive any day.

2 months have nearly passed and the items are nowhere to be seen and now one of the items they should have sent are out of stock.

I think they sold in auction cheaply and they could'nt be bothered to send.
I would'nt use them again but then again plenty of others seem to have had good experiences with them.

Something dodgy is going on there though if they have done this over and over as their feedback shows.

Like I said, parted out items I've had no problems with those stores, just the one Collateral figure, I'm going to order Bruce somewhere else, I'm afraid this might happen again. :p

The Collateral figure has sold out everywhere except for Store-Rooms, so I had my suspicions that they make their own copies. For a long time, I had suspected that they are Dr. Figures or somehow associated with them, because they seem to never run out of De'niro Heat figures even though auctions for those end in the $20 to $30 bucks all the time. I'm glad I read this thread, pretty much confirms my suspicions about the Collateral figure, which I'll pass now.

I have bought from store rooms for my taxi driver parts and some have turned up still waiting on others,maybe in the next few days who knows.

But the packaging is marked commastore (store-rooms.com) and is also stamped "bbicn" which is another seller I have bought from a few times and had no troubles from yet.

Manhohole on the other hand took my money and nothing arrived for over a month and they were very apologetic and quick to refund blaming customs for delaying items. They also had the cheek to request positive feedback and assured me the items were sent and should arrive any day.

2 months have nearly passed and the items are nowhere to be seen and now one of the items they should have sent are out of stock.

I think they sold in auction cheaply and they could'nt be bothered to send.
I would'nt use them again but then again plenty of others seem to have had good experiences with them.

Something dodgy is going on there though if they have done this over and over as their feedback shows.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I haven't had an issue with them, and I hope I never do. I just got 2 packages from Commastore and everything went smoothly.

The thing is, do you relly know if you haevn't had an issue with them? I thought the just stole the jacket and hair head from the taxi driver for example,but when I saw the real head in person the taxi driver head I got from them was immeditley tipped off as a cheap copy. Yup they've probably ripped you off and you might not even know it.

Is "bbicn" also associated with Store-Rooms (along with Manhohole, Commastore and Marketoys) on E-bay? I PO'd this figure from bbicn--damn, I don't want to end up with a cheap copy of this figure in the end!

Is "bbicn" also associated with Store-Rooms (along with Manhohole, Commastore and Marketoys) on E-bay? I PO'd this figure from bbicn--damn, I don't want to end up with a cheap copy of this figure in the end!

Well heres the packet I received a couple of days ago.

The sellers date and signature at the bottom is stamped BBICN but was from commastore aka store rooms aka manhohole

If your worried maybe you should get a refund?

Back