Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan Cranston won a SAG award for his acting on this show, and in his acceptance speech he says quote "to my lovely wife and daughter Robin". I heard that and I thought, What? It made it sound like they were the same person.
If he said, my wife______ and my daughter robin, then that would have been most descriptive. He could also have said, "my wife and my daughter, or even possible my wife and daughter, though that is somewhat iffy, but to say wife and daughter and only give ONE name???
You didn't MARRY your daughter, did you Mr. Cranston??

Why do you always try to make something out of nothing? You know what he meant.

Bryan Cranston won a SAG award for his acting on this show, and in his acceptance speech he says quote "to my lovely wife and daughter Robin". I heard that and I thought, What? It made it sound like they were the same person.
If he said, my wife______ and my daughter robin, then that would have been most descriptive. He could also have said, "my wife and my daughter, or even possible my wife and daughter, though that is somewhat iffy, but to say wife and daughter and only give ONE name???

Reminds me of that Bill Hicks joke about some people from the South, "I met a guy and he says "this is my wide and sister", and there was ONE girl standing there...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99eZY4V5w8&list=PL76CE87EE2E003F74
2:09 in the vid...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

originalvmpbl-1px-1_zps3ed3be16.jpg

Why do you always try to make something out of nothing? You know what he meant.

Because he's an actor who was accepting an award for the quality of his performance, and yet he can't say the right lines in his acceptance speech. It's a bit ironic. It looked like he was reading from a written speech, too. Maybe he should have had his show's writers write it and the show's directors direct him so he could get it right. Perhaps that is where some of HIS credit should actually go.

I knew what he MEANT, but the words he used were wrong, and he is supposed to be a professional.
I thought it was really funny.

Because he's an actor who was accepting an award for the quality of his performance, and yet he can't say the right lines in his acceptance speech. It's a bit ironic. It looked like he was reading from a written speech, too. Maybe he should have had his show's writers write it and the show's directors direct him so he could get it right. Perhaps that is where some of HIS credit should actually go.

I knew what he MEANT, but the words he used were wrong, and he is supposed to be a professional.
I thought it was really funny.

You have a history on this board in responding disproportionately to the smallest circumstance. That's why you annoy people here.

You have a history on this board in responding disproportionately to the smallest circumstance. That's why you annoy people here.

It depends upon what your standards are. It seems my standards are just much higher than a lot of other people's, which is something that I have always known. To me, this is a significant enough to make a joke about.
I did not intend to start an argument about an absent minded wrong choice of words by someone whose job it is to get his words right.

Everything is significant to me. Nothing is too small to notice.
At any rate, you seem to like the guy and his character so much that it offends you that someone would make light of his speech blunder, which is why you didn't find my post funny. I don't like the show or his character honestly, because I despise evil, and so I feel no inclination whatsoever to defend his misuse of words, thus, I can be objective about the inaccuracy of the words themselves and see the humor in it.
You and others apparently cannot.

I didn't come here to speak out against the show, though, just to make a funny observation about his speech and knew no better place to put it.

It depends upon what your standards are. It seems my standards are just much higher than a lot of other people's, which is something that I have always known. To me, this is a significant enough to make a joke about.
I did not intend to start an argument about an absent minded wrong choice of words by someone whose job it is to get his words right.

At any rate, you seem to like the guy and his character so much that it offends you that someone would make light of his speech blunder, which is why you didn't find my post funny. I don't like the show or his character honestly, because I despise evil, and so I feel no inclination whatsoever to defend his misuse of words, thus, I can be objective about the inaccuracy of the words themselves and see the humor in it.
You and others apparently cannot.

I didn't come here to speak out against the show, though, just to make a funny observation about his speech and knew no better place to put it.

"One day... you may face such a moment of crisis. And in that moment, I hope you have a friend like I did, to plunge their hands into the filth so that you can keep yours clean!"

And that's where the problem lies.

At any rate, you seem to like the guy and his character so much that it offends you that someone would make light of his speech blunder, which is why you didn't find my post funny.

His character much like the show is well written, like "The Good Wife." It's a fictitious, cable television show. Nothing more or less and I enjoy it for what it is. I don't feel the urge to post why an actor didn't use the word my before daughter during some awards show.

I can be objective about the inaccuracy of the words themselves and see the humor in it.

And your incessant interpretation over the smallest details clouds your objectivity.

His character much like the show is well written, like "The Good Wife." It's a fictitious, cable television show. Nothing more or less and I enjoy it for what it is. I don't feel the urge to post why an actor didn't use the word my before daughter during some awards show.

And your incessant interpretation over the smallest details clouds your objectivity.

It's that he only gave one name instead of naming his wife and his daughter. Surely he regards them both enough to honor them BOTH by name, instead of just one. Referring to two people and then giving just one name in the same sentence is just wrong.

I think you might mean incessant obsession with the smallest details, and I don't think that clouds objectivity at all, in fact, it only serves to enhance it by enhancing the depth in which I will OBSERVE things, thus intensifying observation, and hence, objectivity.
I obsess over the smaller details because I think that life is important. If I didn't think life was important, then I wouldn't care about being precise or worry about any details.

It's that he only gave one name instead of naming his wife and his daughter. Surely he regards them both enough to honor them BOTH by name, instead of just one. Referring to two people and then giving just one name in the same sentence is just wrong.

I think you might mean incessant obsession with the smallest details, and I don't think that clouds objectivity at all, in fact, it only serves to enhance it by enhancing the depth in which I will OBSERVE things, thus intensifying observation, and hence, objectivity.
I obsess over the smaller details because I think that life is important. If I didn't think life was important, then I wouldn't care about being precise or worry about any details.

Congrats, you are officially the first person on my ignore list.

Congrats, you are officially the first person on my ignore list.

You know what, in the time I've been here I haven't put one person on my ignore list. I always figured that every person here, no matter how rude, or stupid, or aggressive or whatever... the people who for whatever reason offend me the most... they'd all have something to offer at some stage that would be worth noting. But I've given it long enough now to know that Blackthorneone qualifies for the strict criteria I place on my membership to my ignore list.

You know what, in the time I've been here I haven't put one person on my ignore list. I always figured that every person here, no matter how rude, or stupid, or aggressive or whatever... the people who for whatever reason offend me the most... they'd all have something to offer at some stage that would be worth noting. But I've given it long enough now to know that Blackthorneone qualifies for the strict criteria I place on my membership to my ignore list.

Lol. That's fine with me.

SSF_Screenshot_01_zps90a4364f.jpg

This is magnificent. I feel like I have had something large and obstructive removed from my bowel :)

Back