Bowen Designs - Hercules, Black Widow, Warmachine new updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you find boring. Please...be specific. :)

Bleh.... your a Bowen spy. You wont get anything from me. :lol

Been collecting Bowen, along with Sideshow stuff for years son.

I've loved Bowens style for a long time now, so I guess it's too late and I'm already fooled :lol Nothing boring about BD's stuff to me at all :monkey5

My friend used to collect Bowen until he saw some of the stuff I got from Sideshow. You are to brainwashed to see it. lol

Same boring standing poses. *snore*

If that Herc looks as good painted as he does in raw sculpt Ill be all over him!! :rock :rock

War machine armor looks too much like a painted body. As in, the twisted torso just looks like a dude in spandex twisting, not a metallic outer shell. Which I know is the comic book kinda look and I still think he looks pretty good.

I use to be heavy into bowen also. But the problem for me was they produce so much stuff. The Scale on the SS can't compare the 2. I think bowen's women line has really stepped it up and t its nice to pick the odd bowen piece here and there but my money is for SS, because statues ain't getting cheaper

I use to be heavy into bowen also. But the problem for me was they produce so much stuff. The Scale on the SS can't compare the 2. I think bowen's women line has really stepped it up and t its nice to pick the odd bowen piece here and there but my money is for SS, because statues ain't getting cheaper

I agree. Bowen produces way too many statues and most of them are male characters.

SS wins on scale, sculpting, and painting. lol

Bowen puts out boring stuff most of the time. Dont let a few good releases fool you.

Bowen rules. He's been doing great stuff for a long time. I own 100's of Bowen pieces. He gives us the classic variations of characters and listens to his customers. The guy is a big part of the collecting world.

BB

Bowen rules. He's been doing great stuff for a long time. I own 100's of Bowen pieces. He gives us the classic variations of characters and listens to his customers. The guy is a big part of the collecting world.

BB

100s of boring pieces. lol

I know Bowen has made some awesome statues (obviously) but alot of his releases are lacking. And yes he does listen to characters.... and thats why Black cat's breasts are smaller. :tap

LOL!:banana

My friend used to collect Bowen until he saw some of the stuff I got from Sideshow. You are to brainwashed to see it. lol

Same boring standing poses. *snore*

Statues...."boring standing poses?" Wadda ya want, an articulated action figure? Anyway, I'm just happy that his statues are inspired by the great Marvel artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Ya don't find that from too many other companies. :)

Hehehe....I have to give you some respect for putting your foot down. You have a point. Get that whip cracking. :whip Are you sure you're not a SS spy? SS should stop carrying those pesky Bowen products.

Statues...."boring standing poses?" Wadda ya want, an articulated action figure? Anyway, I'm just happy that his statues are inspired by the great Marvel artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Ya don't find that from too many other companies. :)

What?!!! :horror Cmon..HoldyourfireAl, bring ya lightsabre or water pistol. :gun :maul Call daikkenaurora a liberial hippie. Call him a moma's boy!!!

Bring on the dramas boys!!! :whip :lightsabe

The poses ARE boring and redundant. They have no energy to them whatsoever. Most of the statues have blank looks on their faces. *snore*

His statues arent inspired by the artist of the 60's to the 80's. Does he have like a Kirby Collection series? Nope. He has used classic costumes , I'll give him that.

Bleh

Hehehe....I have to give you some respect for putting your foot down. You have a point. Get that whip cracking. :whip Are you sure you're not a SS spy? SS should stop carrying those pesky Bowen products.

What?!!! :horror Cmon..HoldyourfireAl, bring ya lightsabre or water pistol. :gun :maul Call daikkenaurora a liberial hippie. Call him a moma's boy!!!

Bring on the dramas boys!!! :whip :lightsabe

Well this forum is called SIDESHOW FREAKS. Not sure how clearer that can be.

Sideshow can keep selling Bowen stuff if they want to... but notice how many Bowen statues got added to the Gift Card list recently.

Oh Snap!

Well this forum is called SIDESHOW FREAKS. Not sure how clearer that can be.

Sideshow can keep selling Bowen stuff if they want to... but notice how many Bowen statues got added to the Gift Card list recently.

Oh Snap!

Yea, ya...people are going to discuss, chat, bits tooth and nail under Marvel, DC, etc. I am sure there's more Bowen spies and DC Direct spies around too. I wouldn't be surprise if HoldyourfireAl works for Bowen's marketing dept. He got post on other forum as well.

I am thinking some of the DC Direct are better than Bowen, if not most.
Cover Girlds of the DC Universe: Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy is hot!!
DC Classic Confrontations: Batman vs. Killer Croc !!!

The jury is still out on my first Bowen pieces....could it be the Red Hulk?
Let me put on my "I am poor" mask on. Play it HoldyourfireAl !!! :violin

We sure did put up a Thread assassination! :medic

This thread has become too douchy for words :lol

I'm glad I at least have the mental capacity to enjoy more than one style of art. It's amazing how shortsighted some collectors can be :rotfl

Hercules looks very nice. The belt buckle is hilarious :)

War machine looks great with awesome brushed metal paint job. Only thing I don't take to is the metal speedos.

GJ :)

This thread has become too douchy for words :lol

I'm glad I at least have the mental capacity to enjoy more than one style of art. It's amazing how shortsighted some collectors can be :rotfl

I agree! Both SS and Bowen put out amazing stuff. How can a marvel collector not like Bowen FS: Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Logan, Sabretooth, Colossus, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Daredevil, Thor, Cap, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc........

Bowen has been doing marvel right for many years. SS is also giving us great products. I tend to look forward to the SS pieces a bit more because I'm still waiting for them to release marvels iconic characters in comiquette form. Bowen has already done that many times over. I'm sure SS will make the wait for Cap, Spidey, Hulk, and Thor worth it!

I agree! Both SS and Bowen put out amazing stuff. How can a marvel collector not like Bowen FS: Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Logan, Sabretooth, Colossus, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Daredevil, Thor, Cap, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc........

Bowen has been doing marvel right for many years. SS is also giving us great products. I tend to look forward to the SS pieces a bit more because I'm still waiting for them to release marvels iconic characters in comiquette form. Bowen has already done that many times over. I'm sure SS will make the wait for Cap, Spidey, Hulk, and Thor worth it!

+1. I am most looking forward to Sideshow Thanos and Dr. Doom Comiquettes!!!!

Bowen and Sideshow both make great products!

I HATE Bowen!! I also hate puppies, small children, and angels! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...you can't generalize "Bowen bad, Sideshow good". There are a ton of really great Bowen pieces, and there are a ton of really great Sideshow pieces. There are some poor Bowen pieces and there are some poor Sideshow pieces.

Although I never had a Bowen statue's paint peel off :monkey3

I HATE Bowen!! I also hate puppies, small children, and angels! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...you can't generalize "Bowen bad, Sideshow good". There are a ton of really great Bowen pieces, and there are a ton of really great Sideshow pieces. There are some poor Bowen pieces and there are some poor Sideshow pieces.

Although I never had a Bowen statue's paint peel off :monkey3

I had one but I used it as an aquarium ornament....:rotfl

Back