Boromir sold out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truth be told, Episode One's Queen Amidala's gowns were some of the most detailed and beautiful pieces of clothing made for any film. I wouldn't exactly call her gowns minimalistic in nature.

Also, samurai outfits were/are very colorful and detailed as well.

As for the two 12" lines, they will no doubt be compared to each other, being that they are coming from the same company. Just wait until we get a 12" Count Dooku and a 12" Saruman... ;)

The Amidala offerings by Hasbro in the Princess Collection (I think:confused: ) were actually pretty great, and could be found for a song after the Episode I mania died down. I think generally though, both offer some pretty cool costume choices, and I can't wait to get an old Ben Kenobi kicking it with Gandalf the Grey!

Yeah, Padme's stuff in Ep1 where very very well done and will look great in both formats should they be done. Now, I'm looking forward to compairing Saruman and Dooku in both formats.

That will be nice when you get to line up Bruce Spence with...Bruce Spence!:rotfl

Maybe Sideshow should get the Mad Max license to give us the gyro captain too.

Don't forget the "Train Man" or whatever he was called in Matrix Revolutions.

Quite the hat trick with landing a role in a LOTR, SW, *and* Matrix film. Plus Mad Max as you mentioned. I assume its only a matter of time before he shows up in a Harry Potter or Narnia flick.

He's like the fantasy version of that Chinese guy who played "Endo" in Lethal Weapon and 50 other action movies.

Last edited:
Apart from some of the fight sequences, as far as I am concerned the Matrix sequels never happened :monkey2

The first movie showed so much promise, but ugh...

Yep. I remember when The Phantom Menace and The Matrix both came out in the summer of 1999 I thought for sure that the Matrix movies would end up being the *real* new Star Wars.

Boy fast forward a few years and compare Matrix Revolutions to Revenge of the Sith. What an embarrassment for the Wachowskis.

Agent23 said:
Please don't ever mention that film again.

:lol

What exactly is wrong with the sequels?

I admit, I was quite disappointed when I saw II the first time. And I felt depressed when I came out of III. I was glad to see sunshine when I got out of the theatre. But having revisited the movies and rewatching them, I started liking them more, the more I watched them. Maybe they're not what everyone expected, the ho-hum formula of Hollywood. There are weaknesses in them, to me the most glaring is zero chemistry between Neo and Trinity (IMO)

But overall, it's the story of a prophet, a healer, reconciliator if you will.:monkey3

A movie with cool action that raises interesting questions and made millions of uebergeeks debate philosophy and meanings hidden in the films.

ROTS was better than Matrix? Oh you poor Lucas-Johns...

Beren

I agree - I find that you have to sit down and watch the three back to back to appreciate it - 2 & 3 are virtually a two parter film anyway.

Beren said:
Since you asked, yes. But that wasn't what I said. I stated that Matrix Revolutions (sorry to bring it up again) was an embarrassment compared to ROTS, especially considering the potential created by the opening chapter of each trilogy.

The sequels definitely had amazing look action sequences, but they got too "cool" and too pretentious for their own good. There were so many possibilities for the continuation of the story, too bad they *did* choose the ho hum Hollywood approach. The icing on the cake was constructing the finale of an epic film trilogy as a springboard for a MMORPG. Okay that part was definitely un-Hollywood, just stupid.

Not even the "romance" scenes from AOTC were as embarrassing as Trinity's half hour death speech. I kept expecting the movie to cut back to Keanu and show him sporting a full beard.

I could go off but why bother. Boromir rocks. ROTK is the greatest film of all time, and Sideshow is sweet (and yes, SW is cooler than the Matrix. Even Jar Jar). :D

The edition size of the regular edition has been announced in the newsletter: it will be 2000 pcs.

Interesting that they are announcing the Boromir edition size before they do for Legolas - even though Legolas was released more than 3 months before Boromir.

goliath said:
The edition size of the regular edition has been announced in the newsletter: it will be 2000 pcs.

Interesting that they are announcing the Boromir edition size before they do for Legolas - even though Legolas was released more than 3 months before Boromir.

Mayby SS forgot to put in in the newsletter:monkey3

Beren said:

Absoluetly! Personally, the first Matrix movie is "ok" at best the other two pretty much suck balls IMO. Even with the way Lucas writes love scenes which hurt ROTS any it is a much better film than any of the Matrix films.

jlcmsu said:
Absoluetly! Personally, the first Matrix movie is "ok" at best the other two pretty much suck balls IMO. Even with the way Lucas writes love scenes which hurt ROTS any it is a much better film than any of the Matrix films.

Matrix>RoTS
:lol Matrix makes ROTS look like Death Race 2000 any day.

Beren said:

Thats like comparing the Old Testement to the New Testement....Matrix is indeed a modern classic, no doubt about it! But ROTS was over 20 years in the making. The mythology, over all badassness of characters we all grew up with and the culmination of a 6 film fun ride, how can you compare the 2.

Matrix=Bad ass film
ROTS=Bad ass film

Period!

Back