Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to the good old days when they charged and shipped on the same day?
Now it seems rarely do they do that.

Really looking forward to this bad boy shipping! Gorgeous statue. Desperately hoping it turns out like the proto!

I'm still not completely sold on the sculpted flag, though. Polystone that thin seems too easily breakable. I think I might have prefered a fabric banner with wire inside.

But we'll see, though. I'm sure I'll love it in-hand! :yess:

Hey guys! I've been lurking for almost a year now -- since July last year, when I placed my order for Boromir (EX version). He's my first polystone, my first Sideshow order, and I'm damn well excited to get him.
This thread has been my primary source of news regarding the statue, and I finally decided to join now that he's about to ship; you've all been excellent for info and to keep my impatience for him in check. xD

I only have a really small collection of collectible items like this -- Boromir will only be my third. The other two are the UC Elven Knife of Strider and Helm of Isildur (#753). (Is there a place to say ownership of UC numbered items, like the threads for Weta and SS?)

I had some issues with my card but now Boromir appears to be charged and set to arrive sometime in the next couple of days.
I don't actually have a lot of room for him, alongside a Lego ship that's the same height as he is, the helm, the knife, and a few other things that are crowding up the shelf -- might display him in the lounge room for a few weeks before moving him to my bedroom. I'm going to do an unboxing and take heaps of pics!

This really is the best LotR statue that SS has done, isn't it? There's just so much energy in it -- the pose, the billowing fabrics, the expression, that particular scene -- absolutely excellent.

Drakul said:
$17.48 shipping to Houston.

$90 shipping for me. =(

Boromir said:
Originaly he was supposed to ship in may.

February, actually. He was supposed to be my birthday present this year. I'm glad he got delayed, though, because that's a LOT of money.

Glad to have you as a freak, Olessan. No worries about the number of pieces in your collection; this hobby is dangerously addictive and with 2 LOTR movies in 2 years, you will have plenty of chances to grow that collection.

@ TheJosh;
Thanks! I look forward to settling in here. (Wow, that's a hell of a postcount O.O)

@ Slynger;
Glad to be here. Your collection is amazing! It must be worth a fortune. xD
I think I'm already getting the collecting bug; the ones I've got may be my first of this type, but I've been collecting video game collector's editions for a couple of years now. I've probably got a good $800+ worth.
The store I got the knife and helm from have Legolas' blades, Gimli's walking axe and the helm of Sauron, too -- I can't get them though, because I don't have the money. Argh!

I hope this ships tomorrow so it comes before the weekend :pray:

@ TheJosh;
Thanks! I look forward to settling in here. (Wow, that's a hell of a postcount O.O)

Well, glad to have ya. :duff Yeah, been posting here since we moved here in 05. Nine years to be exact so it's been a slow build. :lol

You have got to be fu**n kidding me. This is the 3rd day already since they charged us and still no shipping notice. Freakin pissed off rightnow. This better be worth the wait.

Mine will be arriving anytime between Sunday (June 10) to Wednesday (June 13)... at least that's what my LCS said... just tellin' :wink1:

You have got to be fu**n kidding me. This is the 3rd day already since they charged us and still no shipping notice. Freakin pissed off rightnow. This better be worth the wait.

They charged me for an order last Thursday, and then yesterday they told me it won't ship until after the 22nd. Now they have my Boromir money and they aren't shipping yet. They need to get this stuff sorted out and stop charging before it's time to ship stuff.

Now I won't be home to sign for it until next Tuesday, so it really doesn't matter to me if they ship him on Thursday, Friday or Monday.

They charged me for an order last Thursday, and then yesterday they told me it won't ship until after the 22nd. Now they have my Boromir money and they aren't shipping yet. They need to get this stuff sorted out and stop charging before it's time to ship stuff.

Now I won't be home to sign for it until next Tuesday, so it really doesn't matter to me if they ship him on Thursday, Friday or Monday.

wait so now its been pushed back till the 22nd? I tot it was coming at the end of the week??:dunno

Did they email you? I haven't gotten any notices other than the one that says they'll be charging me on the 4th.

wait so now its been pushed back till the 22nd? I tot it was coming at the end of the week??:dunno

Sorry, I'm talking about two different orders. The one from last Thursday has been charged but delayed to the 22nd. Then Boromir was charged on Monday and hasn't shipped. So I have two current charges for items that haven't shipped.

The last thing I heard about Boromir was that he was processing Monday. Nothing about a delay, although an official explanation would be nice if they take your money but don't ship anything after giving you a specific date that isn't honored. I don't mind being patient if you just communicate a little bit. I will wait as long as I need to, but if you give me a date and take my money, you had better ship quickly or tell me what's going on.

But at this point, it doesn't matter. I would have been able to sign for it if it had shipped on time, a day late or two days late. But after tomorrow I won't be home to sign again until Wednesday of next week, so they might as well just wait and ship him next Tuesday.

Last edited:
What's so difficult about giving a realistic shipping date...
First march then may now june and not even shipped...

Back