Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's true but if you heat it over that area it might cause it to come loose. probably not though.

be very careful with a blowdryer those get very hot especially on high and can damage the paint around it. Always use it at a distance and for no more than 60 sec at a time.

Usually it's used to prevent crack & bend little pieces to make them fit, like the bag for snakeeye's statue. if it's glued wrong, i dont see how that would help.

Fre - two if you get the ex. One up arm and one down arm

Gags - I don't figure it will work but it's might be worth a shot.

I have two arms but only one hand holding the sword. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Two arms, both with swords. If one is missing, that's not right.

If I remember correctly there's only one hand with the sword. Fits on both arms. Someone should confirm, I didn't even look at the regular arm. But the fact the hand was detachable leads me to believe it's for both the regular or exclusive arm.

If I remember correctly there's only one hand with the sword. Fits on both arms. Someone should confirm, I didn't even look at the regular arm. But the fact the hand was detachable leads me to believe it's for both the regular or exclusive arm.

That's correct.

Yes, there is only one sword hand included, and it fits on both arm pieces (raised and lowered).

Hopefully I can get a replacement for mine. There was only one sword that was broken in LOTR, and it didn't belong to Boromir.

Okay. Good to know. I'm all good then.

They will give you a replacement. Don't worry.

How many people are going to contact them about the broken straps?
I'm kind of on the fence about it.

I don't think I'll get a replacement that isn't broken. It bugs me mostly because if I have to sell one day, value is lost.

I don't ever want to sell my LOTR stuff but you never know what life is going to throw at you.

I know we all are disappointed with the broken/cracked strap and other quality control issues with this statue, not to mention the mixed up arms between EX and regular. Sideshow screwed up, no question about it. I hope they will learn from their mistakes.

But despite of the issues this is still the best statue in the line and the detail on this statue is second to none. Sideshow truly has created a masterpiece; the design team really did an awesome job with this one.

Let me cheer you up with this video :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8rOEepLJ0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube-‪For Gondor‬‏[/ame]

This epic statue really captures the moment in that video; every time I see this statue it reminds me of that great scene.

“This city was once the jewel of our kingdom. A place of light and beauty and music. And so it shall be once more! (he raises his sword and the crowds cheer) Let the armies of Mordor know this: Never again will the land of my people fall into enemy hands. (more cheers) This city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed (he raises his sword again) for Gondor!

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

- Boromir

2urkpw4.jpg

Okay. Good to know. I'm all good then.

They will give you a replacement. Don't worry.

How many people are going to contact them about the broken straps?
I'm kind of on the fence about it.

I don't think I'll get a replacement that isn't broken. It bugs me mostly because if I have to sell one day, value is lost.

I don't ever want to sell my LOTR stuff but you never know what life is going to throw at you.

I contacted them about my straps on Monday. Still waiting for a response. Definitely want a replacement. Wouldn't sit well with me if I paid top dollar for a broken statue.

I love that they choose to represent this moment. It's great to have a moment captured where Boromir is doing whatever he can for his people. It's one of those great moments Jackson showed to show Boromir was a hero.

I love that they choose to represent this moment. It's great to have a moment captured where Boromir is doing whatever he can for his people. It's one of those great moments Jackson showed to show Boromir was a hero.

That scene was only in the Extended Edition correct? Wonder why it wasn't in the theatrical release.

Yep I agree and this statue captures that moment very well, all other lotr statues do not remind me of any scenes in the movie, this statue does which I love.

I contacted them about my straps on Monday. Still waiting for a response. Definitely want a replacement. Wouldn't sit well with me if I paid top dollar for a broken statue.

What if they don't have a replacement body for you? Are u gonna return it for a full refund?

Anyone here received it without a broken/cracked strap? As far as I know none so far. So what makes people think they will get the perfect replacement? Our chance to get that is slim to none. It sucks but else we can do?

answer me please
a question:
hair and beard are the same color? photos appear in a different color
thanks for the clarification

What if they don't have a replacement body for you? Are u gonna return it for a full refund?

Anyone here received it without a broken/cracked strap? As far as I know none so far. So what makes people think they will get the perfect replacement? Our chance to get that is slim to none. It sucks but else we can do?

If they can't, I'll ask for a partial credit atleast.

I think a couple have mentioned their straps were not broken so far. But majority have the broken straps.

That scene was only in the Extended Edition correct? Wonder why it wasn't in the theatrical release.

Pacing I guess would be the reason.

Yep I agree and this statue captures that moment very well, all other lotr statues do not remind me of any scenes in the movie, this statue does which I love.

Yeah, coming from the movie I do love but I also love having them just represent the characters in moments they might have done. This line could give us the best of both worlds with this kind of mix.

answer me please
a question:
hair and beard are the same color? photos appear in a different color
thanks for the clarification

I believe they are a little bit different in color, the beard is darker. But it's really not an issue.

#206 in the house.

Paintwork, detail, and impact of this statue are freaking amazing. Damn good purchase :rock

Back