bobamikes custom 1/6th scale at-st wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it is definitely big, probably one of the biggest Star Wars vehicle that's worth building, taking space into consideration. That doesn't mean Mark shouldn't finish his X-wing though.:lol

I think mark needs to build one of these!I am interested in seeing how his would turn out.

Cool, there was a almost perfect 1/6th jedi star fighter done a long time back that showed up on ebay.

Deathstalker posted a bunch of pics of it in the At-St thread when I brought it up but I had lost my pictures of it.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2168689&postcount=20

attachment.php

That starfighter is rad! I've always loved the look of that version and the Ep 3 version. Sadly do to space I have like no room to even keep my WW2 and Modern stuff, but still I've love to make a Snowspeeder, A-Wing and my personal holy grail........a gunship. Oh why don't I have space. :(

Sorry to comment on something else Bob, really looking forward to seeing the finished one. A friend of mine build one a few years back and seeing it in person it was drool worthy. I think he ended up selling it to Steve Sandsweet(or some ILM related person.) I'll see if I can find some picture of it.

That starfighter is rad! I've always loved the look of that version and the Ep 3 version. Sadly do to space I have like no room to even keep my WW2 and Modern stuff, but still I've love to make a Snowspeeder, A-Wing and my personal holy grail........a gunship. Oh why don't I have space. :(

Sorry to comment on something else Bob, really looking forward to seeing the finished one. A friend of mine build one a few years back and seeing it in person it was drool worthy. I think he ended up selling it to Steve Sandsweet(or some ILM related person.) I'll see if I can find some picture of it.

Yeah if I ever make a large-scale dio, I think I'll do a gunship...It'd be easy to make templates for, I have a 3D-graphics program and I could work out the dimensions of the parts in the computer before I really make them...

Perhaps we could collaborate on plans for a gunship.. or at least part of one....

OH and that's Sansweet, not Sandsweet... ;)

Yeah if I ever make a large-scale dio, I think I'll do a gunship...It'd be easy to make templates for, I have a 3D-graphics program and I could work out the dimensions of the parts in the computer before I really make them...

Perhaps we could collaborate on plans for a gunship.. or at least part of one....

OH and that's Sansweet, not Sandsweet... ;)

Tempting bro, I do live on 40 acres and have plenty of room for awesome battle photos. Even have a few locations that look like anything from Endor, to Geonosis(well, not red colored, so more Tatooine), even have a nice size pond to use for Naboo. You'd think with all this land I would have enough space for a gunship, but no my house is tiny and cramped. I could always build its own docking bay...hmmm. Anyways, we can talk about it. I do want to make a few clone pilots(maybe not full helmet since I like the Ep 3 look better.) and they need something to fly. Oooooo, an ARC-170 would be awesome.

Thanks for the fix on the spelling!

Tempting bro, I do live on 40 acres and have plenty of room for awesome battle photos. Even have a few locations that look like anything from Endor, to Geonosis(well, not red colored, so more Tatooine), even have a nice size pond to use for Naboo. You'd think with all this land I would have enough space for a gunship, but no my house is tiny and cramped. I could always build its own docking bay...hmmm. Anyways, we can talk about it. I do want to make a few clone pilots(maybe not full helmet since I like the Ep 3 look better.) and they need something to fly. Oooooo, an ARC-170 would be awesome.

Thanks for the fix on the spelling!

40 ACRES! :horror

You lucky dog! I barely have a front/back yard, and my house is crammed full of stuff... Damn you could build a whole other house to put 1/6 stuff in with that much land! I always wanted to own a huge tract of land to have a second house for my collectibles, and a small studio where I could make movies and such... like Skywalker Ranch or whatever place George Lucas owns...

And yeah, clone pilots would be really cool... perhaps we can beat "team Dorg-Bob" to making them! I could try to resculpt an Ep III helmet... We could be "team BH-DP!" :hi5:

Dorgs sent me a cast of an EpIII helmet, I could use that... maybe make a simple push mold and make a clay copy, and then carve chunks out of it until it looks right... :lol Could use a cast of the Hasbro Jango for the head, perhaps I could personalize it and resculpt it into a different expression or something... It'd be awesome!

And your non-red sand colored areas can be easily adjusted with Photoshop... ;)

wow BHD2 all that space to play with your dollies!!! Bobamikes awesome AT-ST would look cool in that setting... You should hold a dolly day, get everyone to bring scouts, stormies endor troopers and mikes AT-ST and have a BIG photoshoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to do the same thing DP, though its tough enough to get the ladies as it is. Telling them I have a studio for my dolls and movies, they might think I'm even creepier. LOL

I'd love to do that Dorg. If we could all get together in one location and combine our talents and works in mini(or large) dio's. Sort of like what some of the WW2 collectors do, there is like 10 of them at a time and they get together for a weekend and litterly make towns and fill them with hundreds of Germans, US, tanks, cars, you name it. Just think of that with Star Wars, heck we could recreate the entire battle of endor! A shield genarator wouldn't be majorly hard to make, its pretty much a mine shaft/box with fancy panelling. Ooooo it makes me want to change my pants thinking about how awesome it would be.

Sorry for derailing your awesome At St post, bobmike. Once that baby is done its going to look sick!

I'd love to do the same thing DP, though its tough enough to get the ladies as it is. Telling them I have a studio for my dolls and movies, they might think I'm even creepier. LOL

:rotfl Who cares about the ladies when you have your dollies? :lol jk

I'd love to do that Dorg. If we could all get together in one location and combine our talents and works in mini(or large) dio's. Sort of like what some of the WW2 collectors do, there is like 10 of them at a time and they get together for a weekend and litterly make towns and fill them with hundreds of Germans, US, tanks, cars, you name it. Just think of that with Star Wars, heck we could recreate the entire battle of endor! A shield genarator wouldn't be majorly hard to make, its pretty much a mine shaft/box with fancy panelling. Ooooo it makes me want to change my pants thinking about how awesome it would be.

Sorry for derailing your awesome At St post, bobmike. Once that baby is done its going to look sick!

That sounds AWESOME! If all of us could get together there, we could build all of Mos Eisley or something really big! Or we could all bring some materials and we could set up a work-shop sort of deal where we mass-produce some figures with all of us helping... Imagine what we could all do together! Look at what Bobamike and Dorgs do alone, imagine if they teamed up with a bunch of us! We'd be unstoppable... :drool

And we wouldn't need a hotel, you could just build us an extra house before we got there... :lol Or we could sleep in tents, plenty of space for that...

If only...

what happened to this project? :(

I mean holy crap it looks awesome.

It was already done, I think. Except maybe for making the base into a dio, and I think bobamike mentioned something about a light-up cockpit or something.

He probably never got around to that of course! :lol

I still don't know how the hell he built the damn thing, all the parts look perfectly accurate.

hey guys,
there has been no progress on this project.it will be awhile before I can work on it again,with all the molding and casting I do these days and family life on top of it.I do have big plans for this guy one day.and as far as how I did what has been done,whew! lots of home work! any and all pics measuring parts in the pics,and carefully laying out templates.it is all wood.there are some parts I want to go back and make out of styrene plastic.I didnt know about that stuff back then.I built it as is about 10 years ago.its been in my mothers attic for about 6 years in parts.well I hope I have answered some of your questions and hopefully I will get back on it in the next year.

Back