Boba Fett's Slave 1 repaint by BadVermin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badvermin

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've repainted quite a few of the Hasbro toys in the last few months, dozens in fact. What I haven't been doing is taking photos...

So here is one of more more recent projects:

Boba Fett's Slave 1

1rueep.jpg

This is a conversion of the Rise of Boba Fett TRU exclusive Slave 1 which was painted in the blue Jango colors, and while a fun toy, I wanted the Boba version from my youth.

The ship was painted with an airbrush and lots of hand applied effects. Paint used was Cartoon Colour Cell Vinyl acrylic, all colors custom mixed. I modified the seats in the ship so that Boba Fett sits up higher to closer match the screen version. Han in carbonite is from the Saga Collection.

The original canopy hinge felt flimsy, all the weight on clear plastic sounds like a recipe for an inevitable crack. So after dissembling the ship and removing the visually obtrusive canopy tabs, epoxy was used to fill the gaps and secure a set of four magnets. In addition magnet system, the new front section locks into place until the canopy is opened 45° or more.

Let me know what you think!

Looks perfect, been curious to try something like this myself to have a studioesque slave 1. Did you use a sponge for some of the grey weathering or is it masking fluid?

Great work.....though i'm a bit gutted that it isn't the 1/6 scale Slave 1 i imagined reading the title :lol

Do you accept commissions? For this exact same thing? Just curious, and for future reference.

Okay, I don't have a Rise version, although I like the size, just never picked one up. But, I thought he back section came off at the side, did you convert it to open more movie accurate? Or does it open both ways? At any rate, this is one hell of a job, it looks great! :hi5:

Okay, I don't have a Rise version, although I like the size, just never picked one up. But, I thought he back section came off at the side, did you convert it to open more movie accurate? Or does it open both ways? At any rate, this is one hell of a job, it looks great! :hi5:

It opens both ways, fun toy.

Back