Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cuts do look better,but as this has had a body repaint then I would have.
A.the cuts on the back should have been done accurately,should be more 5to5 if looking at a clock,if you follow,and lower on the shoulder blade.
B.could have blended the colour of the seam(which should have been better) and top of the neck to match the facial tone.since a total body repaint was done.
the newest video shows a big difference in the tones of the face compared to the body.
but a lot of work on a $700 to getting it look better.but there is some texture to the face:)
base on Blitzway past releases their quality was very good . Can't believe they slip up on ETD . Even Enterbays HD 1002 manage a better sweat ,scars paint and that was a few years back.

watched again,still don't like the left hand pose,i know there's a pic with a similar pose,but a fist/open hand would look better

Some pics next to other figs :lol for those interested in scale difference. Posted by someone in FB.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't think the base suits this as much as the GOD one suits that.maybe a square one with the redish-brown/white rectangles around it,and a white-ish floor to mimic the scene may have worked better.

Yeah, well that video is not exactly helping sell the thing IMO.
The likeness is very strong but that is where it stops unfortunately.

The latest pics and that video still show a very pale and waxy skin tone.
The body detailing in the video looks pretty smooth. This should be ripped like the proto - There is not much excuse for this - Especially considering the size.

The ripped physique is so integral to the essence of Bruce in ETD.

The Enterbay HD1002 looks way more ripped and with a much better paint app.
In fact everything about the 1002 feels better, except for the likeness.

Studying the video it really feels there is not enough loose material in the pants to achieve the correct puffiness even with futzing.
This seems to be a big failure in the tailoring. Hopefully someone will prove this wrong and get some good shape to them, but at the moment they look like skinny jeans and just wrong.

Interestingly, the cuts look like raised welts in the sculpt that are then painted. Not decals.

And yeah, the base feels very conspicuous, almost dominating the piece. I'm liking it less and less.
A shame, since the GOD base was beautiful and a perfect compliment to the statue.

Hmmm :dunno

Studying the video it really feels there is not enough loose material in the pants to achieve the correct puffiness even with futzing.
This seems to be a big failure in the tailoring. Hopefully someone will prove this wrong and get some good shape to them, but at the moment they look like skinny jeans and just wrong.

I think futzing will make it fine. Perfect comparison on this page! :)

Scroll up and have a look at the statue pics directly above.
See how little whiteness there is from the top of the shoe to the start of the pants?

Scroll up slightly further to the actual shot of Bruce.
See how much white sock there is between the top of the shoe and the start of the pants?

Pushing the pants up from the ankle should 'puff' the pants out and give us more material to play with in achieving the look.

....I think..... :)

I just want the statue now!
In hand pics and video seem fine to me. It'll look great on my shelf!

Pushing the pants up from the ankle should 'puff' the pants out and give us more material to play with in achieving the look.

Yeah, possibly. You'd hope so.
Maybe pulling them down slightly from the waist could help too (if they are not glued or something).
I feel you're going to need to reclaim as much material as possible to get this looking right.

I wonder if Popkultcha have one in yet?

Below is how I would tackle a repaint.

Get some red blush into the skin tone, it shouldn't be waxy and pale.
Blend in some red tints in the hair and paint some strands onto the face, this will help it lose the one piece helmet look.
Employ a little more profuse and strategic application of the sweat effect. It would naturally gather around areas above the top lip and nose etc.
Have the cuts run with the sweat. This may not be scene specific to the movie and becomes more idealistic, it does, however, bring some much needed realism to this piece.

Understandably, you shouldn't need to do any of this at this price point but like anything, some custom work can elevate an average piece into something much more remarkable.

Screen%20shot%202015-02-25%20at%2012.16.01%20PM_zpsp0bmy2fu.jpg

Yeah, possibly. You'd hope so.
Maybe pulling them down slightly from the waist could help too (if they are not glued or something).
I feel you're going to need to reclaim as much material as possible to get this looking right.

I wonder if Popkultcha have one in yet?

I have mine pre-ordered from Popcultcha so I should receive the email as soon as they have!

Also too if you notice, Bruce's stance in that picture, does have an effect on that puff... his front foot is completely sideways and both knees from the angle of the shot appear to be bending outward possibly making the puff seem wider than it is. There are other shots where it doesn't look quite so wide and Bruce kind of does have that skinny jeans effect-

4babb6797165c_133786b.jpg
Blitzway Bruce scene.jpg

If you notice, the more forward facing he is the wider his pants get because his knees are more outward.

10465491_1546231928982956_5301957321813444757_o.jpg
BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_5_zpsb579e760.jpg

I think the difference is going to be pretty miniscule

Below is how I would tackle a repaint.

Get some red blush into the skin tone, it shouldn't be waxy and pale.
Blend in some red tints in the hair and paint some strands onto the face, this will help it lose the one piece helmet look.
Employ a little more profuse and strategic application of the sweat effect. It would naturally gather around areas above the top lip and nose etc.
Have the cuts run with the sweat. This may not be scene specific to the movie and becomes more idealistic, it does, however, bring some much needed realism to this piece.

Understandably, you shouldn't need to do any of this at this price point but like anything, some custom work can elevate an average piece into something much more remarkable.

Screen%20shot%202015-02-25%20at%2012.16.01%20PM_zpsp0bmy2fu.jpg

nice idea.i wonder if some non acetone nail polish remover would make the paintcuts run,i used it on the dx-04 to get rid of them,it may well make the paint run with a tiny rub.hair looks good on that.i'd thought of dry brushing a little brown through it.not gonna touch the body though,anyway bruce was paler in tone filming ETD.

Just got him today. I can promise that he really looks better in hand but not great as proto. The paint job is quite good except for the shadding on the upper body need to be stronger and sweat is quite terrible so that is my job for repaint them. The pants can be organozed to pooping up like proto and one lastthing make me quite dissapoint is hair .it looks right by shape and size but it looks like wig so i think i will resculpt more detail small pieces of wet hair.

868df9783c27d170c6c03a73b24bbec9.jpg

1a27d4ed99b49089c42751a0ecdf6c66.jpg
6ad8676c3c7926307b556adf1bcdb045.jpg
2cbd350dabeafaf392fbfeafabadf75b.jpg
d138becd63e524a4c497e2b09fea3b0d.jpg

d747f127d47307ed097b8a4fc58de8a9.jpg

the upper body is translucent material

cheers 30CM.the 2nd last shot looks very nice.but those sweat apps.what did they do,dip the brush then just throw it at the statue like a spray:horror.
''the upper body is translucent material'' in what way my friend:dunno
the body is polystone so it should be solid...or is it:confused:

Last edited:
ahh polystone also is a kind of resin,right?
it is not that solid ,you can obviously see when you use the mobile flash light point to the hand(i can't show you cause i take photos by mobile).
and by this translucent it really looks soft like human skin.

Thanks for those shots 30cm.

Starting to see a little more texture on the face.
But yeah, the sweat apps are bad, just random sprays by the looks.
I'm sure this will vary greatly from piece to piece. Some collectors may luck out.

The Enterbay HD1002 had striations across the chest like Bruce. The BW chest looks smooth in comparison.
Not really an excuse for such a big piece.

But the skin tone is looking a little better in some of these pics, not so washed out.

Back