Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly, that etd is in no way badass, and secondly no one has straightened me out. EIther a figure grabs you or it don't. For example, seeing the pics of Jack DX and Superman gave me the raging horn. However, seeing this Scarface figure I just wasn't completely feeling Pacino. Which, in no way pleases me, cause I so desperately want a decent Al.

I thank the good Lord that my eye for detail is so bad, otherwise I can't say I'd enjoy this hobby nearly as much. As it is, my eye is good enough to see that DX Indy is poor - which it is - but not good enough to see DX Bruce as anything other than awesome. Which it is. If ignorance is bliss, I am a very happy collector indeed :)

I thank the good Lord that my eye for detail is so bad, otherwise I can't say I'd enjoy this hobby nearly as much. As it is, my eye is good enough to see that DX Indy is poor - which it is - but not good enough to see DX Bruce as anything other than awesome. Which it is. If ignorance is bliss, I am a very happy collector indeed :)

It's really not fair to say anything is poor until it is released. Production pics and glossy magazine photos of said pics do not equal a proper and just determination of how good or bad a figure is until it's in-hand. So Hashmonk, if you got the EtD Bruce Lee, opened it up, looked it over, and thought it sucked--that's your opinion and you welcome to it (even though you may be in an extreme minority and will have a tough time making friends here being a newb and going against the grain). But I will not form any opinions about a figure until I own it. I'm jazzed to have a new company on the block that grabbed such an iconic license and I'm jazzed that the guys are formerly of HT, so I think they know their _____. I can wait a long time for a piece b/c I'm constantly buying stuff, so it's not like I have this ONE thing I'm constantly waiting for updates on.

Someone can form a general opinion of a piece from the product photo's, no-one has to actually hold the piece in front of them to do that. If that were the case the threads here would be have no discussion them from their initial announcement until in hand pictures arrive so they can give an opinion on it.

If that's someone operates that's their right and good for them but it's not how everyone does. I for one like discussion about how something looks before I buy it, after all, it is a discussion forum.

Some veterans need to learn to not be so harsh with 'newbs' for expressing an opinion that may 'go against the grain', just because it may be a different opinion, it doesn't make it wrong.
x :peace

Someone can form a general opinion of a piece from the product photo's, no-one has to actually hold the piece in front of them to do that. If that were the case the threads here would be have no discussion them from their initial announcement until in hand pictures arrive so they can give an opinion on it.

If that's someone operates that's their right and good for them but it's not how everyone does. I for one like discussion about how something looks before I buy it, after all, it is a discussion forum.

Some veterans need to learn to not be so harsh with 'newbs' for expressing an opinion that may 'go against the grain', just because it may be a different opinion, it doesn't make it wrong.
x :peace
:goodpost: :hi5:

Good points Shell, but this dudes popped up in a few threads with the straight up opinion the likeness is "off". Those kinds of posts have nothing constructive or valuable to add to the discussion. It's pretty much just pissing on peoples parade.

I think it's fair to call him out as an agitator. This kind of discussion just makes people cranky & packs a few pages into a thread with out any valuable content.

I personally can't wait to see Blitzway's contribution to the 1/6 market! Love what I've seen so far.

Then shame on the regular peeps/veterans for over-reacting, jumping on a new member and making pages of cranky posts rather than just disagree and move on.

I've seen the posts and while the first couple were not something anyone would call constructive criticism, then it was explained to the new fella how it would be best to express an opinion here.
Since then, the posts have been informed and constructed, they may differ from others but have been no worse than some of the posts made by some of the veterans here. Some of whom are so quick to be critical themselves, if they don't like something/someone.

All I'm saying is to give new folks a chance to settle in and get to know the forum ettiquette (so to speak) before calling for a banning after they've made 4 posts (which is what happened in the ETD thread).
Just my thoughts anyway.
x :wave

Yeah, that "BANNN!!!" after 3 posts garbage makes me laugh.

I still think a few people lately like to register & post just to stir the pot... Plus a few people that have been around a while are pretty handy with the 'ol wooden spoon too. :lol

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings and I certainly don't want anyone banned. And I love "constructive criticism" on things prior to release because that discussion is what gets us all jacked for a particular piece. But if you're going to walk in the front door and yell, "Fire!" on your second day, you might get called out on it. I don't have any problems with Hashmonk; I like the handle and also have a raging horn for Superman, but I think he's goading people a little "to stir the pot". :peace

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings and I certainly don't want anyone banned. And I love "constructive criticism" on things prior to release because that discussion is what gets us all jacked for a particular piece. But if you're going to walk in the front door and yell, "Fire!" on your second day, you might get called out on it. I don't have any problems with Hashmonk; I like the handle and also have a raging horn for Superman, but I think he's goading people a little "to stir the pot". :peace

Dude, I can assure you I had no intentions of goading people, just wanted to express my view. I guess we should just agree to disagree and move on. Besides, I to happy to argue, I've pre-ordered Superman today and cant wait for him to land on me door mat. Peace dude

Updated specs....

l _Newly sculpted head with Tony Montana in “Scarface”
l _Newly designed Slim PVC&ABS body with 36 points of articulation
(Upper Body and Hip are flexible)
l _2 Extra hands
l _A Gun (ABS)
l _Real leather shoulder gun holster
l _2 Golden necklaces
l _White double-button suit, purple-red dress shirts, belt
l _Tony’s chair (ABS+PVC)
l _A Cigar
l _Brown shoes with magnet inside
l _Wooden Base with Black Metal Plate (W 23.5cm x L 18.5cm x H 1.6cm)_

Wow those pics...^^^ I cant wait to get him now... So glad Ive had him on Preorder forever now... This one is going to go like HT Godfather once the news and these pics start to spread out...

Back