Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add to that list Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, etc. it's not that they won't, it's just that they don't care. They can't be bothered with approving some little plastic replica of themselves. You see Bruce Willis knock-offs all the time, and the reason they keep coming out is that he just doesn't care.

I would wager in the case of De Niro and many others named it's a situation of them simply not wanting to see toys/etc made of their work and lining the shelves of shops, rather than a desire to avoid the hassle of approval or anything like that.

I of course like these figures, see nothing wrong with most of them, but the idea of making a toy from a film like 'Taxi Driver' would be taken as a joke by most people just as the idea of a Travis Bickle Beanie Baby surely hits you as a joke. Outside of those already buying these figures, I would say it's not unreasonable (and in some cases not wrong) that an actor would think that agreeing to such a thing would cheapen a film or their image or be in some way cheesy or what have you. They put all this care into a film, it really means something to them, and now one day someone wants to make an action figure out of it and the only thing that could be stopping them is laziness? After a HT Travis Bickle figure, what would be next? A Travis Bickle bobble head? Maybe after that a Travis Bickle in his taxi, pull it back and let it go and it speeds off?

I'm not saying such thoughts are right or wrong but just that I would wager such thoughts are what's really behind why you don't have an official Travis Bickle figure and some other actors people are asking for, that I doubt it's a matter of there being some actors who just "can't be bothered."

I had this pre-ordered way back, but eventually canceled after losing interest. After seeing the pics last night I of course re-preordered through BBTS and they had around 20 pcs. I guess other people had the same idea, as they're now pre-sold out.

I would wager in the case of De Niro and many others named it's a situation of them simply not wanting to see toys/etc made of their work and lining the shelves of shops, rather than a desire to avoid the hassle of approval or anything like that.

I would say it's not unreasonable (and in some cases not wrong) that an actor would think that agreeing to such a thing would cheapen a film or their image or be in some way cheesy or what have you. They put all this care into a film, it really means something to them, and now one day someone wants to make an action figure out of it and the only thing that could be stopping them is laziness? After a HT Travis Bickle figure, what would be next? A Travis Bickle bobble head? Maybe after that a Travis Bickle in his taxi, pull it back and let it go and it speeds off?

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Spot on assessment. Laziness has nothing to do with it. It's not hard to sign a contract and collect a check. Hell Arnold Schwarzenegger has a company that handles all of that for him. At most he looks over pics they send him and says "ok" or "no".

And Gary Oldman is another actor who rarely licenses out his likeness.

Definitely agree with that. I know that was the hold-up with Anthony Hopkins for the longest time, he didn't get the fact that it wasn't a toy for kids that people wanted it was a toy for adults. He didn't want kids having a toy of Hannibal Lecter.

For DeNiro and Nicholson and the like, I do imagine that part of their hang up is that this is their art, or whatever, and action figures (in their opinion) demans their work. I can definitely see their point. The others like Arnie (specifically Conan), Willis, Cruise I don't really get. I think Cruise is just an a-hole, even the Mission Impossible video game he wouldn't put his likeness on. I think for the action hero guys, it's more about the money. I have the distinct impression that Tom Cruise is an extremely controlling nightmare of a person to deal with professionally. "Matt, you're glib"

Which reminds me, John Travolta and Nic Cage, YOU'RE ON THE LIST!!!

Hey Lejuan,THANX bro!I got lucky cause ABCEXPRESS sold out of this figure.They don't even have it on their site anymore,which is odd,being that they still have Ghost Rider and Barnes on there and they're sold out.

Hey Lejuan,THANX bro!I got lucky cause ABCEXPRESS sold out of this figure.They don't even have it on their site anymore,which is odd,being that they still have Ghost Rider and Barnes on there and they're sold out.

That's awesome man, he was hanging around for ages. Obviously the pics came out, blew everyone off the fence and there was a rush on. But I hope the fact that it's not even listed on the site anymore doesn't mean anything other than it's sold out... fingers crossed!

Back