Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The August 5th draft of Ghostbusters II was miles better than the film we got. It was dark. A more adult version of GB than the first Ghostbusters. It's an awesome read. Check it out:

https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/gb2_script_1988-08-05.pdf

Edit: it's also the source of the "Ellis Island incidents" mentioned in the "real" Ghostbusters III, that being GB:TVG. Most people thought Egon referred to the statue of liberty in GB2 when he said that but he didn't. GB:TVG was insane fan service, down to referencing unreleased scripts of the franchise.

The August 5th draft of Ghostbusters II was miles better than the film we got. It was dark. A more adult version of GB than the first Ghostbusters. It's an awesome read. Check it out:

https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/gb2_script_1988-08-05.pdf

Edit: it's also the source of the "Ellis Island incidents" mentioned in the "real" Ghostbusters III, that being GB:TVG. Most people thought Egon referred to the statue of liberty in GB2 when he said that but he didn't. GB:TVG was insane fan service, down to referencing unreleased scripts of the franchise.

Haha I love this, there's a line from Winston in the alternative GBII script where their chasing Vigo, where he says "I can't believe I gave up a good, safe job with the airlines to come back to this!"

I do. Seriously.

I only bothered to google it last year after watching GBII again, thinking their must be alternate cuts elsewhere. It wouldn't be the first time that's ever happened, like seeing Hulk Hogan in the theatrical run of Gremlins 2, but having the John Wayne segment on home release (Hogan in a cinema for the cinema screenings, I get that)

As much logic as the "no" side of this argument makes, I can't believe so many people remember seeing something that didn't happen.

Ok mine have been under my super 300 LED since I opened them weeks ago...

The always stay on, so going to shut them off tonight ....they should glow like Mr Burns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i finally got my blitzway ghostbusters figures! they arrived almost 2 weeks ago, but i was so busy with work that i only managed to unbox and set them up over this past weekend. i ordered egon spengler and ray stantz, in my opinion the two most essential members of the team. i know this may sound like blasphemy, but i'm not a huge fan of venkman. he was pretty funny in the movie and all, but he was also a bit of a creep. egon and ray were easily my favourites as a kid, and that hasn't changed.

anyway, i have to say these figures are flat-out awesome. i see harold ramis and dan aykroyd all the way in these sculpts. even my wife was blown away once i had set them up in the display case. the movie was playing on blu-ray, she looked at the hotel scene, then over at the figures, and she declared: "wow, they look just like them!" :lol

so as far as this household is concerned, blitzway nailed it. the suits are well-tailored and look close enough to the screen versions. and i absolutely love the gear, from the proton packs & neutrino wands, down to spengler's pke meter and stantz's ghost trap. the detail on them is impressive. thankfully, i didn't have any problems with breakage, unlike some members here. after a bit of futzing, i got the uniforms to fall in a way that i was happy with. i even managed to get a cigarette to stay in ray's mouth. it took a while before i could get it at an angle that looked natural.

here are a couple of unboxing shots, and some of the figs. sorry for the crappy smartphone pics. i didn't have time to shoot them on my canon slr.

GB Spengler 1.jpg

GB Spengler 2.jpg

GB Spengler 3.jpg

GB Spengler 4.jpg

GB Spengler 5.jpg

GB Spengler 6.jpg

GB Spengler 7.jpg

GB Spengler 8.jpg

GB Spengler 9.jpg

GB Spengler 10.jpg

GB Stantz 1.jpg

GB Stantz 2.jpg

GB Stantz 3.jpg

GB Spengler:Stantz 1.jpg

GB Spengler:Stantz 2.jpg

GB Spengler:Stantz 4.jpg

As nice as your pics are I have yet to see a pic of these that do them justice- in hand they look far better and much more life-like- even the clothes look far more realistic in hand. Love these!

My setup right now.
Now i really hate the stands :(
So hard to keep dinamic poses
715c9d84c72df3338b6ddaedbef8da79.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Very nice setup!

The one thing I will say in defence of the stands is I do like how from many angles it almost looks like they aren't on a stand. The thick black plastic between their legs :lol on Hot Toys stands can kill the look for me. I like the idea behind these Blitzway one's...the execution just needs to be much better.

Finally fixed my printer, and got these done. Nestle Crunch Bars. 1983 (GB), 1988 (GBII) and 1991 (GB:TVG). Had to tweak the '83 one to make it screen accurate, since there was a promotional contest going on at the time. Contest details are on the back as well. I may make a non-contest wrapper at some point just for fun.

yti1DHW.jpg

uUmM4q8.jpg

How many un-gloved hands should Ray come with? I've only got the pointing hand and the smoke-holding hand. Some promo shots show two other basic hands, yet the promo shot with all the accessories laid out doesn't.

So, only two un-gloved hands?

Figure is fantastic, by the way. Thought I got a dodgy proton pack, but I ended up just having to give the battery pack a tighter screw. That fixes most things...

Also working on a box of Cheez-Its and some Cheez-It eating hands for Egon. Right hand for eating them with some amount of decorum, and left for really throwing them down, as I'm sure is more Egon's style.

two6sMh.jpg

Anybody get a proton pack with the clip on the wand upside down? I can only clip the wand facing upwards. I’ve emailed popcultcha but wondering if there’s an easy fix I’m missing.

Still waiting on replacement parts....email goes out today asking what the process is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back