Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

panel2peg.jpg

His expression says it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So people have these in hand and we’ve only seen what, like two new pics? C’mon guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the fiddliest bits of futzing I'm finding with these is blousing the suit legs over the boots. Something I've only started doing after taking the photo.

The boots are tight at the top, so if you pull the material up too much it takes a while pushing the legs back down in with a pair of flat nosed tweezers.

With Hot Toys' Jyn in Imperial disguise it was a simple matter of turning the elasticated hem inside out and tucking it down over the boot tops.

But because Venkman wears his suit over his boots all the outfits are tailored the same - and that's how they should be. The material is also quite stiff and has a memory of sorts. I think ultimately it could be a job for water treatment, but for now I've got them looking a bit more natural.

Yeah that's the one thing I'm a little concerned about, the stiffness of the material. I think I'll have to try soaking the jumpsuit completely and wadding it up to at least give it more of that old and wrinkled look it should have.

So people have these in hand and we’ve only seen what, like two new pics? C’mon guys!

Yeah I was expecting this thread to be a flood of photos. But perhaps still a bit more time needed.

I have reached the point where excited anticipation has been overtaken by just give me the damn things already. I hope that changes when the box finally arrives.

https://youtu.be/2S-e-Gn_Jjs
French review by virtual devil

Thanks for the link. They all look much better in the two video reviews I've seen then in any photos. To me the only problem is Venkman - the shape of his head is right, but something about the eyes just doesn't say Bill Murray to me. I'm wondering if a repaint will bring out the personality more.

I won’t believe they actually exist until I see the damn box on my door step .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually get around to opening my figures weeks to months after I get them. Life/friends/job/girlfriend/wanting to be in a time and energy when I first open them are all the priority for me.

But I’m happy to have offered my sideways slimer picture lol.

I definitely have to be in a certain frame of mind and time to open figures. I need to appreciate them. It really is a process. Life takes precedent many times.

I usually get around to opening my figures weeks to months after I get them. Life/friends/job/girlfriend/wanting to be in a time and energy when I first open them are all the priority for me.

Yeah. Having kids under 5 makes this even worse.
I seem to be stockpiling things in my attic for when I can get around to opening them in like 2047 or something.

I definitely have to be in a certain frame of mind and time to open figures. I need to appreciate them. It really is a process. Life takes precedent many times.

Same here...its rare that I dig into them on receiving day.

I did open my PCS AWIL statue the day I got it.....that was a three year wait though and just before Halloween.....

I might wait for this set till xmas...even then maybe only open one a week...too much to open all at once ...futz and pose....

Takes me aa week to get a single figure right.

Not criticizing anyone for not opening them right away but isn't it best to at least check them for any potential damage?

has anyone taken off the fat suits? seems like it would improve the skinnier guys appearance

You can never tell how a Hong Kong delivery's going to go. Sometimes they take the direct route, and sometimes the scenic one.

Just finished putting them together. After Winston, who needed the most alteration to his belt gear, the others didn't take quite as long.

24614360288_33fe7a073a_o.jpg

Winston seems to have the biggest fat suit. I'd have thought that honour would've gone to Ray.

All things considered would you say that this set is better, worse, or about what you expected?

All things considered would you say that this set is better, worse, or about what you expected?

The expectations and hype for these was huge, what with the added 'K.A. Kim effect'.

Then the Winston issue dropped and expectations had to be lowered.

But looking at them up close they're stunning. Even Winston, if his skin tone does have that reddish tint. The sculpts are lifelike, and there's so many great little details in the costumes and accessories.

If the boots hadn't been moulded the set would've been taken up another notch.

However, now that I have them I'm even less inclined to get ECTO-1. The reason being, similar to Bo Shrek writing that Slimer lets the team down because he's "toyish", I think that the car would let them down. So far it's looked cheap and plasticky.

Back