Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Please BR!!!!!!!!!

What else does Columbia/Sony have besides Ghostbusters? Since Blitzway is already dealing with them.

Sweep the leg. No mercy!

1_6_scale_mr_miyagi_from_karate_kid_by_neighbourwithabeard-d8lx4b7.jpg

Knowing what we know about the company's previous offerings, what could be Blitzway's likely new license...?

Die Hard?

Blade Runner?

Rambo?

Jaws? - seems really unlikely to me

Which one has a long, long, long awaited sequel/reboot (whatever it is) coming next year?

What was the event that got the BW GB figs made?

It's a sequel. An old and young version would be cool. A bit like Han.

Is Timewalker reputable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IS IT KARATE KID?! ARE MY DREAMS COMING TRUE!? If they make these, I'm all in. Obviously I need Daniel and Miyagi but I will also buy Johny, Krease, hell, I'll take the bad guys from Part II. Whatever!

If they included the Cobra Kai in skeleton gear I'd def be all in!

Is Timewalker reputable?

Absolutely. They have a quick turnaround in shipping and really good customer service, think Sideshoe when they were new and you felt like you actually knew the people.

Absolutely. They have a quick turnaround in shipping and really good customer service, think Sideshoe when they were new and you felt like you actually knew the people.

Just preordered the four pack there. Thanks for the quick responses!

Agreed, Scott Petersen has done a very nice job on his Blade Runner sets. I don't think he's quite nailed Ford's sculpt yet, but his Batty, Pris, Rachel, Gaff, Kaiser and Bear and hopefully soon his Sebastian are all excellent.

BBKill made a great Deckard sculpt. Someone was selling one of Scott Petersen's Deckard figures with a BBKill head on the commerce forum that was rather tempting. I think he was also selling a custom Quint that looked pretty good.

Overall, this has been a great year for less mainstream licenses to get some love. Hell, QMx is making Princess Bride figures and that's a rather offbeat movie, so there's certainly hope for movies like Blade Runner (one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever) and Jaws (the first summer blockbuster).

Blade Runner does seem a little more likely than Jaws for Blitzway's new license. If the rightsholders for Blade Runner could get together to release the Final Cut that was in limbo forever and also authorize a sequel, then licensing out for figures seems within the realm of reason, particularly since Blitzway is giving us Ghostbusters figures the same year a Ghostbusters sequel came out and the same circumstances will apply to Blade Runner next year (both are/were long dormant franchises). Even if it's neither BR or Jaws, Blitzway certainly has my attention.

I doubt it's either. Fight Club came out of nowhere. Hopefully the next license is just as unpredictable.

If they included the Cobra Kai in skeleton gear I'd def be all in!

I'd take them in skeleton gear, but I'd prefer them in their Cobra Kai outfit. I could build an All Valley tournament diorama!:panic: I could make little videos set to "You're the best!". Ohhhh, the possibilities.

I hope the new license is Karate Kid for those who didn't notice :)

Just saw the Hollywood Collectibles 1/4 Venkman and while the apps and finer detail are nowhere near as good as the BW 1/6 heads, making it slightly caricatured, there is something about the 1/4 sculpt that captures Venkman's likeness much better than the BW - maybe the saggy puppy dog eyes and subtle smirk (maybe also even the paint app of his five o'clock shadow that is very Murray, missing in the BW apps.)

While it's not quite 100% and is a touch cartoony, it's unmistakably Bill Murray, whereas I'm not sure BW's sculpt would pass the "can you tell who it is on a generic body?" test. Maybe the distinctive hairline and overall face proportions might give it away, but I don't think the features would pass the test, despite it being a very nice and detailed sculpt.

While there is something a little off with all of the BW GB sculpts, Venkman to me is the most problematic as he is so much about attitude and I worry that we didn't even get a somber looking Bill Murrray likeness - we got a somber looking Venkman with a quite mediocre likeness. The rest of the figure is stunningly good, and the head is ultra life-like but I really do worry that it might be one of those figures where the clothes sell "who it is," less so the likeness.

venkmanquarterscalestatue4.jpg

1z5nn2r.png

Back