Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too opened my Ghostbusters on Xmas morning and I do like them.
Not Hot Toys quality, that much is clear but they are great. However three of the fours proton packs do not work on me. With some fiddling about, i got one more to work but two still are not.

Has anybody who got packs that don't work managed to fix them at all? I would prefer to fix them than have to return them to china.

When you purchase the figure you are buying a fully clothed figure that you don't have to pull apart and go through this to display...I think I would need at the least a replacement clothed body that I could swap the head with...I would gladly send back or destroy and photograph the other body...of course this is all academic for me because fortunately mine all came in the correct suits.

i used to think this but I find myself redressing new figures anyway to get them looking good. Don't let the hassle scare you- you can futzs the figure better than the workers slapping the suit on.
p.s. I learned this mentality with working on my car. Only you will do the best job in cases like this.

Yeah , I am hoping for just a suit replacement.

I am not really looking forward to changing the entire thing out , especially since reading how fragile some of these parts are.

Before getting anything replaced I decided to open all of them up this weekend so if anything else is broken I can just do one exchange request....

It’s possible the would want to exchange the entire figure .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to think this but I find myself redressing new figures anyway to get them looking good. Don't let the hassle scare you- you can futzs the figure better than the workers slapping the suit on.
p.s. I learned this mentality with working on my car. Only you will do the best job in cases like this.

Same here. You can nearly always make the figure look better that way, and these outfits aren't nearly as delicate as people seem to think (especially when it's something like these jumpsuits).

Plus, being a guy I can't resist taking things apart to see what it looks like underneath anyway. :D

All my boxes go in garbage bags in the attic....

This box is much smaller than my AWIL statue....

I actually put several HT boxes in side that one to save space.

It's a Ray with a Spengler suit, so I would assume they would send a new suit. It would be absolutely ridiculous for them to assume everyone can sew and send just a patch.

I would find it to be almost as bad to be expected to strip the figure down and re-clothe it...I never customize or modify my figures so maybe this would not be as big a deal to others...

As unwilling as you might be in undressing the figure it would be a far easier task than to stitch a patch.

Watch them send a Louis Tully sculpt.

I mean it's not necessarily inaccurate. :lol

Unfortunately, this would likely be what you'd have to do. As was mentioned, it's very doubtful they'd send you just the 1/6 patch and expect you to sew it on; they'd just send you the correct suit.

Guess we'll find out.

I imagine they would offer a full exchange + return OR send you a new suit. Full returns brings other potential issues to mind, but better than swapping suits for those who cannot undress a doll.

I was honestly expecting to see more reports of failed lights on the proton packs.
Just tried my Venkman and the proton pack work. Heres to hoping the other 3 work when they get shipped next month.

Thanks for the advice to check them first!

This looks excellent!! I actually prefer this as to me that more Murray body shape.

Thanks. The only thing I'm not liking about it though are the long forearms. I used the same wrist pegs and pushed the gloves in as much as possible, but still can't make it look any shorter unfortunately.

Thanks. The only thing I'm not liking about it though are the long forearms. I used the same wrist pegs and pushed the gloves in as much as possible, but still can't make it look any shorter unfortunately.

Maybe loose the wrist peg altogether?
Always a bit and give and take when you decide to use a new body but I think the longer arms isn't too distracting and I doubt many will notice it. Many HT have overly long forearms anyways. :)

I won’t mind changing out the suit...

I have not really opened them yet , just reading the reports about these belts and buckles has me worried.

I plan checking the entire figure out.

If they send a full replacement I will just take the best parts of each one.

The buckles are flimsy cheap garbage.

I can't recall who, but it was brilliantly described that these things break doing what they were designed to do.

The buckles are flimsy cheap garbage.

I can't recall who, but it was brilliantly described that these things break doing what they were designed to do.

Did anyone buy those ebay ones and get those to work?

Did anyone buy those ebay ones and get those to work?

I don't think so. It required cutting the stitching so that was something I wasn't going to do.

My advice to you, once you get them linked (without breaking them in the process) don't unbuckle it again. It'll hold together, but repeated linking will just make it worse.

I don't think so. It required cutting the stitching so that was something I wasn't going to do.

My advice to you, once you get them linked (without breaking them in the process) don't unbuckle it again. It'll hold together, but repeated linking will just make it worse.

That was the plan....thanks for the advice.

Maybe some money to be made making some replacement belts.....

Like I have time....still have not finished my Bub customs

When installing the batteries for the packs, i found it necessary to pull up the metal tangs slightly (2 inside, 1 on the side) for a better contact. At first i thought they were broken, but pushing down on the cover got them to work briefly.

waiting patiently...

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 142
When installing the batteries for the packs, i found it necessary to pull up the metal tangs slightly (2 inside, 1 on the side) for a better contact. At first i thought they were broken, but pushing down on the cover got them to work briefly.

I did that try that and it got one of the three dodgy ones working but not the other two. I'll have more of play around though.

I did that try that and it got one of the three dodgy ones working but not the other two. I'll have more of play around though.

Mine didnt work when I over tightened or when it was too loose. I had to find that sweet spot in the cheap plastic.

Back