Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I have a small seed of doubt growing that we may never get the car. I read that the proto at sdcc cost $300k to make. It would cost a ton to recoup that, and cover the cost of production pieces. I hope we see this soon.

Which do we see first... Ecto-1 or John Lennon?

No comparison can be made of BW to M8

zero....

Molecule8 exist on a higher plane. Therefore, they don't concern themselves with silly material things.

...like product.

I have a small seed of doubt growing that we may never get the car. I read that the proto at sdcc cost $300k to make. It would cost a ton to recoup that, and cover the cost of production pieces. I hope we see this soon.

Wouldn't believe 300k. Companies always inflate things like that.
Imagine what HT would say they spent on the HulkBuster. And they still expect to make money on it or wouldn't release it.

Wouldn't believe 300k. Companies always inflate things like that.
Imagine what HT would say they spent on the HulkBuster. And they still expect to make money on it or wouldn't release it.

Not always true. Just because they release it, doesn't been they expect they will make a profit. Sometimes companies choose to release special products (I believe the Hulkbuster is one) for marketing, brand value, long-term value (future r&d costs should be lower due to experience), and innovation (opportunity for engineers/manufacturers to gain experience working with new and innovative approaches to design). Or simply released it to recover as much of the costs as possible :lol

Not sure if this is something Blitzway can afford to do at this point. We shall see.

Even kghobby aren't confident.
cbf3d6279b5d6938bbe32fde65a2de07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Basically I could have conceived a child and the baby could have been born from BW estimated arrival date to now even before these figures are released.

It has not even been a year since they promised a very unrealistic release date. Most of the long time collectors knew they would never make that date...

I won't even bat an eye till they reach a year after the initial date...

Which would be Dec-Feb 2018......

They did themselves a disservice by not being realistic with the release date.

The should just have said Q3 and there would be little or not gnashing of teeth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has not even been a year since they promised a very unrealistic release date. Most of the long time collectors knew they would never make that date...

The should just have said Q3 and there would be little or not gnashing of teeth...

Right? I mean did anyone actually think four figures were going to made in six months, and expect them all to be of the highest quality?

Other than BW, that is.

I read that the proto at sdcc cost $300k to make. It would cost a ton to recoup that, and cover the cost of production pieces. I hope we see this soon.

Maybe in HK$ dollars, which works out to under US$40,000. It's an elaborate model, with a lot of labor hours to be sure, but even that seems ludicrous.

Deadlines shmedlines...when these hit they will be the best figures since...M8 Lennon.

...I kid Blitzway will hit this outta the park. The Carlito figure is amazing. I didn
t get Durden but I'm jelly for those who have it. I'm just not a fan of fight club...

I love fight club just didnt buy because wouldnt mesh with my mainly superhero /star wars collection oh and brad pitt lol over there. I suppose he could hang with mcfly & delorean to go back in fight anyone in history. Anyone in history who would ya fight ??? lol:lol

Last edited:

Part of the problem is these other "realistic" release dates are now 1yr+, and I hate to say but that's ********.

Maybe in HK$ dollars, which works out to under US$40,000. It's an elaborate model, with a lot of labor hours to be sure, but even that seems ludicrous.

Yes, I don't think a full sized version would cost that much to make.

Part of the problem is these other "realistic" release dates are now 1yr+, and I hate to say but that's ********.

While I agree. The standard for this hobby seems to be to use preorder money to finance the figure.

It also seems to be a measure of how much effort goes into a final product.

Back