Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I disagree. They were told shipping was imminent...

As a business owner with such a huge order, I would have made the same call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the sci-fi / horror part of my mother's store, Flossie's. We, too, got a huge number of orders for the Ghostbusters.

Apparently, Bluefin DID tell retailers they should be expecting the figures at one point. I missed that alert myself.

But I did get their latest email. Here it is:

"Dear Customers,

We want to provide our latest update from Blitzway regarding the release of the Ghostbusters items.

Last month, we were told the items would be ready to ship by mid August and arrive in our warehouse early-mid September.

Unfortunately we've learned that is now NOT the case. Some new production issues have arisen and Blitzway will not release the items until they've been resolved and Blitzway has ensured they are 100% satisfied with the end product. Blitzway has always maintained the highest of standards and this release is no exception as it is a particularly complex product.

Their latest correspondence with us estimated a shipping date taking place the last week of September, but they cannot guarantee that at this point.

We understand the frustrations this has caused as the release date has been consistently pushed back. We sincerely apologize on Blitzway's behalf and we have urged them to resolves these issues as soon as possible so that end-consumers may finally get them in hand. We will continue to keep you posted as soon as the items are OFFICIALLY ready to be released. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding."

A little update I received by email:

This is the latest information from Blue Fin, which came through about an hour ago. The word from Blitzway is that the Ghostbusters shipment is now leaving China between the September 20th and September 30th, which will put it in the U.S. mid to late October.

Who did you get this info from?

OSO and now Flossie posted the latest email from Bluefin so if it's based on the same email then they left out the part that says it's not guaranteed at this point. Unless this is another update.. :thud:

... it's not guaranteed at this point. Unless this is another update.. :thud:

Correct. There is now NO confirmed projected ship date. Late September is their latest guess, and it's only a guess. Production issues can be tricky. I just hope it's a Treat and not a Trick.

For me these are so expensive that I have no problem waiting if it means top shelf product. I'm confident they'll come eventually and will be amazing!

A longer wait doesn't necessarily mean that the extra time is being used to improve the product. It may or may not. But of course they are going to say that because it sounds better than "we were going to use factory A to make slimer's stand but factory B offered to do it for half price a month later".

A longer wait doesn't necessarily mean that the extra time is being used to improve the product. It may or may not. But of course they are going to say that because it sounds better than "we were going to use factory A to make slimer's stand but factory B offered to do it for half price a month later".

Exactly. Changing/improving the product would require potentially new molds, new manufacturing, etc... so pushing from late August to late September doesn't sound like enough time for a manufacturing change. But you can pretend.

Sounds like a cheaper last-minute deal was cut as mentioned above.

Or something that was supposed to work doesn't -- like an electronics problem with the light-up packs.

c69caf7448cce0d1956bc3193602e4dd.png

Took two weeks but they finally replied to my Facebook messenger request. Pretty vague.

Been talking with timewalker. I originally got an email stating he was back from California and his visit with blue fin. It did not go as planned as they still haven't shipped it from china yet. I ask for a better idea and he said blue fin told him shipping late sept ands will be available in US late October, but he also said please don't quote me not that as he has been told many things that have not happened. Time walker is a top notch !

Exactly. Changing/improving the product would require potentially new molds, new manufacturing, etc... so pushing from late August to late September doesn't sound like enough time for a manufacturing change. But you can pretend.

Sounds like a cheaper last-minute deal was cut as mentioned above.

Or something that was supposed to work doesn't -- like an electronics problem with the light-up packs.

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if it came down to the electronics, as this is the first time Blitzway has ever integrated an electrical component into one of their figure releases. Maybe they outsourced the job, and that specific company dropped the ball.

Stupid electronics holding up toys I won't even be using the electronics on?

giphy.gif

HT has more problems with electronics than I've ever seen yet they happily ship to the consumer regardless of their satisfaction.

Blitzway will learn.

Yep. I have a Mark 46 that doesn't light up at all. Lol.

Yep. I have a Mark 46 that doesn't light up at all. Lol.

Many people are getting R2-D2's that don't light up... or have no sounds...

Don't forget the faulty laser sighting light on many Predator figures. :lecture

When a figure is delayed I never think that it is because it is being improved...just that work is being undertaken to prevent it from being worse than what was promised which I still consider to be a win!

The excuse's are comical.:lol

HT has more problems with electronics than I've ever seen yet they happily ship to the consumer regardless of their satisfaction.

Blitzway will learn.

Hell, yeah! Nobody expects electronics to work on expensive high end figures!

Hey so Blitzway responded to me basically the same message. "We're working on it".
e4054dceffe91d96d975bc49d3510fc8.jpg

Back