Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina next

:duff I wouldn't envy the person having to choose which of her iconic looks to translate into 3D (so many great Edith Head outfits...) Funny Face also lends itself to a host of very "Audrey" poses. audrey-hepburn-funny-face-dance-sequence-slim-movie-poster-PYRmspp60107.jpg

:duff I wouldn't envy the person having to choose which of her iconic looks to translate into 3D (so many great Edith Head outfits...) Funny Face also lends itself to a host of very "Audrey" poses. View attachment 224869

True there are many looks that immortalize Audrey on that silver screen, but to me, she never looked so elegant as when she was in that white strapless organza gown and white gloves at the Larabee party. It was her Cinderella moment and she was PERFECTION (btw, you may stand on the side that credits Edith Head with her wardrobes, but any of her iconic looks were always Givency!)

While I wouldn't be disappointed to have Audrey standing next to Marilyn in any look, I fear the 'go to' look for Audrey is always the white pearls and little black dress of Breakfast at Tiffanys and I'd love someone to highlight a different shining moment.

Funny Face would also be amazing as would a Roman Holiday look! (Obsessed Audrey fan here)

While I wouldn't be disappointed to have Audrey standing next to Marilyn in any look, I fear the 'go to' look for Audrey is always the white pearls and little black dress of Breakfast at Tiffanys and I'd love someone to highlight a different shining moment.

You never know - I would have thought they would have gone for 'The Seven Year Itch' for Marilyn. Actually, the fact that they highlighted the statue was based on 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' makes me think they might still release another Norma Jean with the iconic skirt moment. It'd be like printing money.

True there are many looks that immortalize Audrey on that silver screen, but to me, she never looked so elegant as when she was in that white strapless organza gown and white gloves at the Larabee party. It was her Cinderella moment and she was PERFECTION (btw, you may stand on the side that credits Edith Head with her wardrobes, but any of her iconic looks were always Givency!)

Funny Face would also be amazing as would a Roman Holiday look! (Obsessed Audrey fan here)

I agree there's no competition in terms of elegance with that Sabrina gown. But, if we only get one Audrey statue as opposed to the several varied Bruce Lee ones we've been treated to, I'd want a look that lends to a pose/head sculpt more expressive of her personality, as there are already some exceptionally crafted dolls that capture the fashions. (On that note, I definitely should've credited both Givenchy and Head. The latter's name popped into my head quicker due to my familiarity with the film production side more than fashion on the whole.)

I wouldn't mind the Breakfast at Tiffany's costume if they went for this pose, but I agree its infamy sometimes unfairly eclipses her other equally worthy and less theatrical looks (good choice on Roman Holiday.)

https://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/5...QOC1kOf6JsZTSVMInYQVcdYAUr6RyJ1k/ylu3vB/KOw==

You never know - I would have thought they would have gone for 'The Seven Year Itch' for Marilyn. Actually, the fact that they highlighted the statue was based on 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' makes me think they might still release another Norma Jean with the iconic skirt moment. It'd be like printing money.

That upskirt look probably would've required a lot of dress engineering/wiring to capture properly. It would definitely make for a collection highlight, especially if done in 1/3 scale.

Seven Year Itch Marilyn dolls/figures have always ended up looking a bit cheesy/overdone/unrealistic. I much prefer the classic and timeless style of this dress on Marilyn. It looks great. It hangs well and very realistically. And the Marilyn figure here will age well because she's made of polystone and pvc and NOT ice cream ;) . Can't wait for her to be here.

Yep, I'd be so excited if we get an Audrey Hepburn too. Especially the Sabrina gown, I agree.

Sabrina-AudreyHepburn-Givenchy-ballgown.jpg

We should all email Blitzway to let them know we're interested. :D

Can I just say how giddy I am to be talking about these larger than life movie icons in collectible form? (shout out to you fellow Audrey fans)
I'm usually over in the 1/6th threads following big Green guys and furry Milennium Falcon sidekicks! :lol

Yep, I'd be so excited if we get an Audrey Hepburn too. Especially the Sabrina gown, I agree.

Sabrina-AudreyHepburn-Givenchy-ballgown.jpg

We should all email Blitzway to let them know we're interested. :D

Miss Hepburn was truly a star from a young age :)
If you get a chance watch her in this movie
Some what related movie -->
1959 American romantic adventure film directed by Mel Ferrer. Based upon the 1904 novel Green Mansions by William Henry Hudson, the film starred Audrey Hepburn (who at the time was married to Ferrer) as Rima, a jungle girl who falls in love with a Venezuelan traveller played by Anthony Perkins. Also appearing in the film were Lee J. Cobb, Sessue Hayakawa and Henry Silva. The score was by Heitor Villa-Lobos and Bronislau Kaper.
And a comic book related link from my collection for the movie Rima Jungle girl
https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=591518
Agree with you guys Audrey Hepburn is true STAR POWER
:)

Miss Hepburn was truly a star from a young age :)
If you get a chance watch her in this movie
Some what related movie -->
1959 American romantic adventure film directed by Mel Ferrer. Based upon the 1904 novel Green Mansions by William Henry Hudson, the film starred Audrey Hepburn (who at the time was married to Ferrer) as Rima, a jungle girl who falls in love with a Venezuelan traveller played by Anthony Perkins. Also appearing in the film were Lee J. Cobb, Sessue Hayakawa and Henry Silva. The score was by Heitor Villa-Lobos and Bronislau Kaper.
And a comic book related link from my collection for the movie Rima Jungle girl
https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=591518
Agree with you guys Audrey Hepburn is true STAR POWER
:)

What film was it? You didn't mention the name. Oh well, I guess I can imdb it. :) In other news, I really REALLY can't wait for Marilyn to arrive. I am hoping Blitzway does more 1/4 film ladies as well. They really have set the bar with their paint jobs and I'm not sure why other companies cannot pay to have paint work like this. She's breathtaking in Youtube reviews.

I think there will defiantly be demand for classic movie stars statues, I hope Blizzard will continue with this line... I believe Rocky is next....

Just got mine delivered directly from Blitzway yesterday. Seems they sent it directly from their factory in China. SUPER IMPRESSED with how this production paint job is! Here's some quick shot with my phone -

12310642_855666521220960_454532627290018345_n.jpg

12250057_855666607887618_3586526270965772509_n.jpg

12246984_855665931221019_7560782931108642127_n.jpg

12108026_855665941221018_7329440051835453860_n.jpg

They need to a make a Bettie Page statue, she's no actress but she is a Pin-Up legend. Executive Replica's 250 Limited Piece 1/4 Statue didn't do her justice due to a crap quality paintjob. BLITZWAY can easily succeed where Executive Replicas failed.

I'd wish for them to make a statue of

Bettie Page
Audrey Hepburn
Ann Margret
Christina Hendricks

Those are nice but Nobody beats Elizabeth Taylor from A Place in the Sun

Back