Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42205i0416BA2350774DB8

I managed to score one on BBTS just now... Check there periodically if you're trying to pick this up - I'm guessing that cancellations occasionally open up slots in the preorder queue.

I'm concerned about the two different materials used. How will they stand up to time...
There is a high-res video, a guy actually undresses the statue, and the difference in material, color, and paint is very obvious -

Well, to be fair, you aren't supposed to display her with her **** falling out like she is a Janet Jackson impersonator.

Every YouTube video I've seen where these people find some need to do this it looks like the fabric is stretched beyond belief. In reality, you wouldn't see the seam transition between the PVC and polystone unless you are pulling her clothes off, for some reason.

I'm concerned about the two different materials used. How will they stand up to time...
There is a high-res video, a guy actually undresses the statue, and the difference in material, color, and paint is very obvious -

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 They will stand up to time just fine... there are still Barbies kicking around looking fine from the fifties. She's made of polystone and PVC, not ice cream. :slap I cannot believe Blitzway has made probably the best looking female statue that anyone has ever seen in terms of paint and realism and people are still finding reasons to "doubt" or complain about it. Don't buy one then. I'm buying her because I know I will regret it if I don't. I'm putting her right next to Superman, Two iconic pop culture figures. I'm glad I grabbed one locally on pre-order 'cause she's pretty much sold out everywhere.

Well, to be fair, you aren't supposed to display her with her **** falling out like she is a Janet Jackson impersonator.

Every YouTube video I've seen where these people find some need to do this it looks like the fabric is stretched beyond belief. In reality, you wouldn't see the seam transition between the PVC and polystone unless you are pulling her clothes off, for some reason.

:lol So true. I don't know why you'd tear open her dress in the first place. In that video it looks like he ruined the outfit by doing this...it's not like it's going to snap back into place or anything. Now it's all loose and...mleh. What a waste. I mean, it's his choice, so I guess I can't say that, but I personally don't get the need.

I mean, there are nipples on it -- even painted -- so that the dress does give off that realistic look. They likely didn't need to be painted, but it's just that extra little bit regardless. As for the paints, it's not like they needed to waste time painting the entire body when it's covered. Under the dress makes sense, as that CAN be lifted, but the lines down her chest aren't signifying the use of a different material. They're most likely there so that the factory knew exactly where to make sure the dress landed when putting it on her. Otherwise there'd be some that have more cleavage showing than others, and it'd just be a bunch of complaining.

She's basically made to display directly out of the box. I'm all for T&A, and this statue already has plenty of it without opening up the dress and pretty much destroying it.

Dirty minds!
I am NOT talking about undressing her!
Again - I am concerned about the two different materials, reacting differently to being exposed to air, sun, whatever, when displayed. I can already see the arms being of a different hue ( Around 3:10 in the clip ), and don't want it to be more obvious over time.
Get your brains out of the gutter :)

Dirty minds!
Again - I am concerned about the two different materials, reacting differently to being exposed to air, sun, whatever, when displayed. I can already see the arms being of a different hue ( Around 3:10 in the clip ), and don't want it to be more obvious over time.

Did you read my response...? She's made of polystone and PVC -- not ice cream? Why are you worried about this when there are Barbie's from the 50s that still look the same? Very strange that you would be concrned about something like this. Plastic and polystone does not change color unless you were to stick them in the sun. There are bigger problems in the world. Just don't buy her if youre that ocd about stuff. Me? I think she has the best paint and sculpt I have seen... I'm definitely not letting her go. :panic:

Dirty minds!

Also, look at all those Jem dolls on ebay that are THIRTY YEARS OLD that still look exactly the same. Please don't be a Debbie Downer aout this statue if youre that paro and just don't buy her if you think she will melt, vaporize or disintigrate because she's made of polystone and pvc. :slap:lecture

Dirty minds!

Also, both materials are probably covered by the same paint. You would really need to be worried about the UV deterioration of the same paint, which would degrade at the same rate. And then of course never put her in direct sunlight.

Congrats to those who got, bizarrely stunning paint job even in comparison to Blitzway Bruce Lee's let alone Sideshow releases!

So hoping they continue with old Hollywood icons.
I want noir Bogie in trench coat !

Back