Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e.g. they made the head out of skin toned PVC.
So the ground color is skin toned.
Then they colored the raised hair parts with a bright color.
Thats why it doesnt look real.
You can proof it with a magnifying glass....:wink1:

As the strains are so identically but in some areas with less details i guess the 1/6 head is a copy (scanned, resized to 1/6 and 3D-printed) from a Blitzway Monroe head.
I could be wrong but there are too much similarities. A talented sculptor would not copy every strain what is really hard work.
He would do his own thing. The face is the face but with different facial expressions and with the hair you can
offer interested people something unique what is more wanted than an exact copy of an existing work.

If so this is not a recast but imho its stolen artist work.
I would like to have a 1/6 Marilyn head but i dont support stealing.

As i said it
"Pirate Edition of Marilyn Monroe Statue"

BLITZWAY

Ouch!
Bummer to see BBTS to behave like the secondary market on ebay.

It says they have 24 in stock, I wonder how they got so many, is this a second wave?

Increasing the price by $130 sucks, but they pull this crap when a collectible is a hot seller.

Maybe they'll keep pushing them out so the price drops back down. I like the statue but not interested in paying that much.

there were color difference and big cracks near the chest area!!

manroe.jpg

Mine arrived about a week ago, a refugee from BBTSs' delayed first batch... Aside from a slight lean which was correctable, she is brilliant. I'm very happy to have stuck out the wait... Here she is with a classic red background - enjoy!

Marilyn 2 alt sm.jpg

Marilyn 3 alt sm.jpg

Marilyn 5 alt sm.jpg

Marilyn 8 alt sm.jpg

Marilyn 9 alt sm.jpg

Thank you cmiller99 and Figurefreaks! And I totally agree - she's an amazing statue... The face sculpt is just astonishing!

Back