BLACKBOX 1/6 Rocketeer BBT9023A/B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the helmet looks way off and the jacket is the wrong color, but doesn't look too bad otherwise. And it's nice to see someone finally making a new Rocketeer figure.

Might be worth picking up to upgrade my old Medicom figure (since the jacket on that one is finally starting to deteriorate). .
I'll most likely pick it up and mix it in with my Medicom 2.5? version, which I love but always thought it was too short.

It's got some interesting accessories, too. The gloves look weird, though.

davejames, I was surprised to hear that your Medicom jacket was deteriorating. Mine is fortunately in perfect shape. What version do you have?

I think the helmet will stay on for good. The head looks weird. The jaw is too wide and the eyes have a squint. Fix those issues, and it's actually not bad

r16.jpg

I'll most likely pick it up and mix it in with my Medicom 2.5? version, which I love but always thought it was too short.

It's got some interesting accessories, too. The gloves look weird, though.

davejames, I was surprised to hear that your Medicom jacket was deteriorating. Mine is fortunately in perfect shape. What version do you have?
I have the 2.5 as well, although I was able to put it on a regular body instead of the short Medicom one. And most of the jacket is still fine, but I made the mistake of keeping one arm bent for a very long time which made the pleather stick to itself and then tear when I tried to pull it back apart.

I have the 2.5 as well, although I was able to put it on a regular body instead of the short Medicom one. And most of the jacket is still fine, but I made the mistake of keeping one arm bent for a very long time which made the pleather stick to itself and then tear when I tried to pull it back apart.
Ah ok. Too bad about the pleather sticking. I really liked the 2.5 version jacket the best. the buttons were not as huge as the earlier releases. I've contemplated upgrading the figure body but was afraid of ruining the original, which had become hard to find and/or pricey to replace.

I see this new one from Blackbox as from a "...The further adventures of The Rocketeer!" perspective. The slight changes can be attributed to that.

Marine Boy, your photoshop tweak does wonders to the sculpt. If it isn't updated by Blackbox, I will either keep the helmet on, as you mentioned, or display him with this head looking sideways (portrait). I really wanted this one helmetless.

Ah ok. Too bad about the pleather sticking. I really liked the 2.5 version jacket the best. the buttons were not as huge as the earlier releases. I've contemplated upgrading the figure body but was afraid of ruining the original, which had become hard to find and/or pricey to replace.

I see this new one from Blackbox as from a "...The further adventures of The Rocketeer!" perspective. The slight changes can be attributed to that.

Marine Boy, your photoshop tweak does wonders to the sculpt. If it isn't updated by Blackbox, I will either keep the helmet on, as you mentioned, or display him with this head looking sideways (portrait). I really wanted this one helmetless.
I have the 1.0. The jacket has already started flaking off few years ago. It was always in museum pose.

However i am skipping this knowing they are using pleather and will still face the same issue as the medicom. I always avoid anything with lots of pleather nowadays... The joy of having them not worth the grief since we have to wait a decade or more for a new release.

I have the 1.0. The jacket has already started flaking off few years ago. It was always in museum pose.

However i am skipping this knowing they are using pleather and will still face the same issue as the medicom. I always avoid anything with lots of pleather nowadays... The joy of having them not worth the grief since we have to wait a decade or more for a new release.
Sorry to hear about the jacket, as well. I know that I and possibly most collectors would give up some scale accuracy in detailing on these types of jackets if it meant that they would last longer.

I'm most likely pre-ordering this one and soon, as I do want another version of The Rocketeer to display and quite a number of these 3rd party figures tend to sell out rather quickly.

I've been considering ordering a new jacket from Geewhiz Customs which is made of real leather, but haven't been quite ready to pay the $300 for it yet.

FB_IMG_1581035961997_12.jpg

And there's another guy on FB who made a really nice one for only $100, but I unfortunately missed out on it. So I'm checking with him now to see if he might do another run.

FB_IMG_1628105953436.jpg

I've been considering ordering a new jacket from Geewhiz Customs which is made of real leather, but haven't been quite ready to pay the $300 for it yet.

View attachment 533699

And there's another guy on FB who made a really nice one for only $100, but I unfortunately missed out on it. So I'm checking with him now to see if he might do another run.

View attachment 533700
If you want a cheaper option, I managed to get ahold of a GI Joe Cobra commander jacket and used some leather dye to get it the correct color. Made for a good and relatively cheap custom.
20160429_122656.jpg

Sorry to hear about the jacket, as well. I know that I and possibly most collectors would give up some scale accuracy in detailing on these types of jackets if it meant that they would last longer.

I'm most likely pre-ordering this one and soon, as I do want another version of The Rocketeer to display and quite a number of these 3rd party figures tend to sell out rather quickly.
i am ok with the rocketeer 1.0, yea the jacket broke, but i wasn't paying $200 for a figure back then. Just like a $80 Sideshow Anakin vs a $200 HT Vader that both would have their pleather melted. My Anakin pleather deteriorated many many years ago the outside was ok the inside felt like blutac i used rubber shine for car tyres on it and never touched them even again.

can't remember if i did anything with the Rocketeer since i got it even longer time back. since i did try different stuffs over the years.

Not a bad looking figure at all. Not sure about the flames on the deluxe version but I’ll probably end up getting it. Glad to see a third party company take a crack at this one.

One of my favorite characters. This looks pretty good. Already pre-ordered the Deluxe. If the head sculpt was a bit better, I'd get two to pose without helmet. Might do that anyway but I'm on the fence.

Definitely need this Rocketeer was my childhood next to Indiana jones I'll just get the helmet, and jet pack swapped out with better one's maybe even the jacket since there are a few good ones out there.

There was an update from Giantoy yesterday on the release date for the Rocketeer, after someone asked them the question:

The supplier stated it would be the end of April.

However, there is a holiday in the first week of May which is known to cause delays, so Giantoy's realistic estimate is between the end of April and mid May.

There was an update from Giantoy yesterday on the release date for the Rocketeer, after someone asked them the question:

The supplier stated it would be the end of April.

However, there is a holiday in the first week of May which is known to cause delays, so Giantoy's realistic estimate is between the end of April and mid May.
How did I miss this thread?!? I would love to add this figure to my collection! :lecture

Back