BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why people are struggling with closing it. the buttons on the collar strap and top lapel are functional. and the silver clasp grabs onto the pocket for added support.

I’ve gotten it closed but honestly it’s way too much a hassle with the functional buttons.

Darkened the coat and trimmed the fur, a definite improvement, thanks shortround!
Next I'll do the pant mod and some weathering and hopefully someday repaint the head.
Once the Supermad figure arrives, I might try sewing the collar back on itself to look more movie accurate to stand up and fold over properly.

Darkened the coat and trimmed the fur, a definite improvement, thanks shortround!
Next I'll do the pant mod and some weathering and hopefully someday repaint the head.
Once the Supermad figure arrives, I might try sewing the collar back on itself to look more movie accurate to stand up and fold over properly.

you can feed a wire through the collar. very easy to do it in between the collar edge and first stitch line to keep it contained.

Darkening the coat is the next thing on my list. Excited to see how it turns out.

Interested to see pics of the process of the wire install if you can take some artoo!

Pretty simple. I used a 26 gauge wire and just slipped it through the edges of the collar and lapels. Gonna wanna use some small pliers.

Pretty simple. I used a 26 gauge wire and just slipped it through the edges of the collar and lapels. Gonna wanna use some small pliers.

Did you need to make an incision to insert it? Sorry it’s Monday and my brains not working right.

Interested to see pics of the process of the wire install if you can take some artoo!

I realized last night I'm out of the wire I need, so I'll pick some up today and try to shoot some pics. The way I want to try (at least I thought about in my head) is to make a small opening using a sewing needle rather than making a slit, to feed the wire into.

Darkened the coat last night and man what a difference! Wifey is picking up some wire today so hopefully I’ll be able to finish with the coat mods soon. I ended up removing the magnets as they interfered with the clean look of the fur on the lapel.

Quick and easy and looks so much better now. Slipped a needle in at the base of the collar at the fur line. Ran a small piece of 26 gauge wire into the opening and cut to fit. Bent wire over and viola!

Attachments

• 20180417_090954.jpg
    20180417_090954.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 20180417_091039.jpg
    20180417_091039.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 20180417_091638.jpg
    20180417_091638.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.