Premium Format Black Widow premium format Comic Version +White Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow premium format Comic Version

I like it, cute statue.

Almost all BW comic poses look similar...
Heck, guess I'll call it now. The EX will probably be a switchout hand holding a blade....

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

BF70BA8A-641C-490B-B86C-4656E5B76C85-15628-0000086AB1C67520.jpg

For me, her face reminds me more of Natalie Portman than Famke Janssen.

actually, a few recycled elements here:

- retooled Lara Croft Guardian of the light base
- same paint apps on boots a la Lara Croft Snow Day statue
- pleatherized Black Cat PF suit

It all adds up to "I've seen this somewhere before...", hence no real "oomph factor". :dunno

Maybe if they upgraded the bust area? :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Black Cat PF suit is not pleather.

The full body pic is so much better than the tease. Honestly I prefer this to the movie version which never did anything for me. But I'm still not interested in this piece.

This statue is great except for one thing. I can't see her heels covered by the snow. :(. The leather I will have tomsee in person to decide.

I'm considering selling my Bowen Designs Tim Miller Black Widow statue to fund my purchase for this. I don't like the character enough to have two statues of her, but if I had to choose between the smaller scale and a premium format, I'd definitely go PF.

I'm considering selling my Bowen Designs Tim Miller Black Widow statue to fund my purchase for this. I don't like the character enough to have two statues of her, but if I had to choose between the smaller scale and a premium format, I'd definitely go PF.

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it.

SS PF facial sculpts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BD.

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it.

SS PF facial sculpts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BD.

Everything about it is better then bowens, not just the face.

If this came out before the Scar-Jo maquette, I'd be all over it.

Now... I'm on the fence.

I really liked the movie interpretation of BW ("You really think I'm pretty?")
Although the likeness could be better on the maquette, the bodysuit is really well done (no Baroness poofiness)

The face on the new PF reminds me of Lara Croft... a lot. I like my Lara a lot but it might bug me.

The pose is fairly typical of leather-clad woman with a rifle. I feel like I've seen it before. Tailoring might be an issue, judging from the prototype near the armpit.

It's nice though... just not sure I want to have 2 Black Widows. Space is becoming an issue.

LOL! You do know that Tim Miller sculpted the BD BW right?

yeah, but it's not really Tim's fault that Bowen eye paint apps suck...:monkey1

Facial sculpt-wise, Bowen's scale doesn't really allow Tim's talents to shine :)

you bettah belee dat!

yeah, but it's not really Tim's fault that Bowen eye paint apps suck...:monkey1

Facial sculpt-wise, Bowen's scale doesn't really allow Tim's talents to shine :)

you bettah belee dat!

I collect in both scales so I enjoy Tim's work whether it's for BD or SSC. I think Tim's Black Cat statue for BD is one of the sexist sculpts ever made. I like it much more than the SSC Com and the PF. Quality of sculpt trumps size for me just about every time. Oddly enough though, 1/5 scale is starting to become more and more irritating to me of late. With BD you know you are getting a 1/7th scale piece. There is consistency and ease of display. Not so with an SSC COM or PF. The more I'm looking at my SSC collection, the more I wish they would have just produced all of their statues in the same scale.

Oh by the way, SSC isn't really known for their steller paint apps on eyes. :wink1:

Bowen sucks july garbage juice. Imho.

I collect in both scales so I enjoy Tim's work whether it's for BD or SSC. I think Tim's Black Cat statue for BD is one of the sexist sculpts ever made. I like it much more than the SSC Com and the PF. Quality of sculpt trumps size for me just about every time. Oddly enough though, 1/5 scale is starting to become more and more irritating to me of late. With BD you know you are getting a 1/7th scale piece. There is consistency and ease of display. Not so with an SSC COM or PF. The more I'm looking at my SSC collection, the more I wish they would have just produced all of their statues in the same scale.

Oh by the way, SSC isn't really known for their steller paint apps on eyes. :wink1:

yes, the Black Cat oozes CLASS. :)

and what the rogue are you talking about? :lol

also, Tim's gotta be one of the most, if not the most productive sculptor around...

Bombshells and PFs etc..

Almost all BW comic poses look similar...
Heck, guess I'll call it now. The EX will probably be a switchout hand holding a blade....

CALLED IT!!! :yess:

And it looks like she stole it from the Punisher. :rotfl

Back