Premium Format Black Cat Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Apparently, what customers think about a piece doesn't really matter to Sideshow.

Supergirl was first shown at a con and there was uproar so they changed it, and actually made it look a lot worse. This is the only piece I can really think of where changes were made (though they were not made for the better).

The answer is "yes" but for he worse, not better lol.

SSC will keep pumping out the same characters over and over again (despite people saying they want them to branch out to other characters), and increased prices (people complain about sky rocketing prices and SSC has increased them anyway lol (one exception was wolverine vs hulk dio which a lot of people guessed would be higher), and people make complaints (ie. perfect example supergirl) and little to no changes or worse off changes are made.

P1 and XM for the win when it comes to listening to their customers.

The answer is "yes" but for he worse, not better lol.

SSC will keep pumping out the same characters over and over again (despite people saying they want them to branch out to other characters), and increased prices (people complain about sky rocketing prices and SSC has increased them anyway lol (one exception was wolverine vs hulk dio which a lot of people guessed would be higher), and people make complaints (ie. perfect example supergirl) and little to no changes or worse off changes are made.

P1 and XM for the win when it comes to listening to their customers.

Sideshow has become the statue flippers :lol , they finally saw how much people were buying their old pieces for and figured why not join in the potential profit. The one benefit on these new prices … 3-4 years down the road you can probably still get these off sideshow’s website since their inventory will be in tact! Look at Supes and Batman :impatient:

It appears that the PF Black Cat is not going over very well. It's been over 4 hours since the last comment and it was released today for PO.

I like the pose but that's about it.

Would've preferred a classic costume. The face is better than the previous PF though.

I do want a black cat PF and the suit doesn't bother me much since I've been following the Spidey comics since Superior Spider-Man. Pose is okay but it does lack in the wow factor. If she was using the whip it would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow has become the statue flippers :lol , they finally saw how much people were buying their old pieces for and figured why not join in the potential profit. The one benefit on these new prices … 3-4 years down the road you can probably still get these off sideshow’s website since their inventory will be in tact! Look at Supes and Batman :impatient:

Igo has been quoted as saying that most of their sales are not from returning customers and serial collectors like us. People like us are rare. Most are newer or first time buyers, so they make statues of characters that they know will sell and that new collectors didn't get the chance to get back in 2008 and that's why we keep seeing the same characters every 5 years or so.

I'm probably in the minority here but I love it.

I ordered

The EX could've been a jewel of some sort... but whatever.

I think it compliments the Spidey display nicely.

I ordered the Huntress. This came out of no were. I was shocked and had my finger on the order button until I saw that base. Then I noticed a lot of the other issues many have pointed out. Pretty disappointing.

I ordered the Huntress. This came out of no were. I was shocked and had my finger on the order button until I saw that base. Then I noticed a lot of the other issues many have pointed out. Pretty disappointing.

I agree about the base. I think it bothers me more than the costume changes.

I'm probably in the minority here but I love it.

I ordered

The EX could've been a jewel of some sort... but whatever.

I think it compliments the Spidey display nicely.

I also PO'd.

I wouldn't say I love it, but I do think it's getting a bit of a bad rap because it isn't the classic suit. I do fully understand people's complaints and I agree, classic would have been preferable, but it just made too much sense for SS to stick with classic costumes so they were like "**** it" let's mix & match

Like I said I would have preferred a more classic looking Black Cat but this isn't THAT bad imo. I do agree with the complaint of the facial expression though, it soooo doesn't fit the situation at hand.

The huntress face is perfect. This one miles away if compared

Too many things I don't like in this piece ...so I pass.

I don't like her portrait...her chin and jaw line are too wide. I don't like her costume ...I prefer the classic costume. To me, her legs look short.

It's unfortunate as I want a fully sculpted Black Cat.

That costume is really cool!! I like it a lot!

This might be the first female statue from SS that doesn't bring your focus to T&A :lol

I'll wait till this has been out a while and see if i can find one in Canada. Hopefully if the price has gone down I might try picking her up.

I didn't even know this one was released...Looks like I didn't miss much, I have the original and it's great imo. No need to order this one unless you're a completest and need it to go along with the other newly released villians. To be honest though I don't really see how she can even be in the same fight or scene as the other villains such as GG, Carnage and Venom. She's not a flyer, building scaler or jumper. So she really doesn't even tie into the others with the base at all.

I love my Spidey villains but this one is a total miss imo.

I don't think they are the flippers, but if I was SSC I would certainly recognize the fact that they are one of the cheapest (even with increases) of the high end statue market. So like any business I would certainly look at increasing my margins if at all possible. Over all it doesn't seem to of affected their sales that much...

Back