Billy Bookshelves & Premium Format Figures/Larger Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone here put premium format figures or larger statues on Billy bookshelves?

I'm thinking of going with some Billys rather than Detolfs, as I think they look more professional/"clean." Although I like the Besta unit and was planning on buying one, after doing a little measuring I'm not loving how far it would stick out from my wall. Space is limited right now, and the Billy isn't nearly as deep.

However, that could also be a problem. I need to be able to store some premium format figures (Allied Charge on Hydra Cap, Natasha, and Red Skull) in whatever setup I buy, and I'm worried they won't fit in a Billy.

I'm going to Ikea for the first time (it's a bit of a drive) this Friday, so I need to decide ASAP what I want. Can anyone help me out? Will premium format figures be able to fit, or should I probably go with something else? I'll be putting 1/6 figures in them as well, so I'm going to get at least one or two of the narrow Billy units.

The only problem I ran into with the Billy Bookcase is that they tip over easy. Especially if you have doors on them. I used the Billy for my 1/6 scale figs for a while but had to place wooden shelves on the bottom for extra support. I almost lost a figure when I first ran into the tipping over problem, You can also attach them to the wall using earthquake straps.

I really liked the Billy look and view.
I've had Curios in the past but those are hit and miss if you can find a good deal on Craigslist. Otherwise you're dropping 800-1200 on a really nice one.

Ikea had a line called Markor. That was a sturdy good bookcase and has the professional look you are after. Unfortunately they discontinued that. You can still find them every now and then on craigslist. You'll like the Markor over the Billy.

I definitely like the Billy. I'm just concerned that the depth isn't enough to accommodate a PF.

Im not sure if its been discontinued but there is a deeper version of the billy which is perfect for PFs

Alas, that model has been discontinued. I try to keep an eye out for one on Craigslist, but I live out in the country, so...

I found the depth in the Billy not satisfactory for PF. For example the Darth Malgus PF base is too big for the shelf so I bought the Besta.

Back