BEWARE ebay seller wonder_point

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Apologies if this is not a good place for this. Mods feel free to place it in the appropriate area.

Beware ebay seller wonder_point
He/she offers Lee van Cleef, Arnold, Jesse Ventura, Wesley Snipes full, nude, figures. I've been wanting a van Cleef for some time and, as this came painted, was right up my alley.
When it came it was painted differently than the one pictured in the auction AND came on a completely different type of body. Full of loose joints and with dried out bendy hands.
I contacted the seller and he agreed to send me a replacement and then i would return the one originally sent. I struck this deal as I did not see it fair for me to be out the money and have nothing to show for it. He/she agreed with my terms and claimed to have sent it. I never received it. I contacted seller several times and told them that if I didn't have it by the feedback deadline I would be forced to leave negative feedback. Eventually that is what I had to do.
I contacted ebay and their resolution center was next to useless. Besides being very difficult to just plain out contact, they seemed only interested in my returning the item and getting a refund rather than getting the seller to send the correct one. Ebay insisted on the original being shipped back with a tracking # and when they were given the tracking # would refund my money, less return shipping . I again informed ebay that, the cost of return shipping with tracking was quoted me , via the post office at about $38, more than the cost of the item to begin with, and that AGAIN, I was not interested in a refund, but wanted the correct item.
Ebay did NOTHING to resolve the issue except close the case [giving the excuse that they never got a tracking #] but told me to fell free to keep the figure anyway.

I would suggest everyone keep away from wonder_point and warn others likewise. You cannot be sure that what they show in their auction is what you will actually recieve and they cannot be trusted to remedy the situation.

No, I didn't return the item, because that was the agreement the seller and I had.
Ebay wanted the item returned in order to issue a REFUND. I did not want a refund, I wanted the correct item that I purchased.
Ebay's resolution center doesn't allow for you to contact them without entering a return tracking #, which is all they want, despite my showing them the mails back and forth betwwen the seller and me.
How is it in my best interest to pay for an item, receive the wrong item, then pay return shipping that costs more than the item originally did and then have nothing to show for it. If it was about the purchase price and getting a refund I would have complained to Paypal and gotten the money back thru them. this was about the "resolution center" acting on my actual claim and resolving the issue as it was agreed upon.

It's not. You went to an auction house to purchase an item they were essentially commissioned to list. Now you're complaining because, despite agreeing to the terms by bidding on an auction, you don't want to follow the guidelines you agreed to. If you don't like the seller, send it back and get a refund. If you keep it because you don't like the terms you agreed to, that's on you. :huh

The point of this thread was essentially to warn people that wonder_point does not send the item as seen in the auction not to complain.

I simply listed the facts of the event so people could see what had occured.

I didn't return the item because it wasn't a refund I wanted, and that was all ebay seemed it was interested in giving.
Would you spend $38 to send back and item that you already spent $28 + shipping on to only get $28 back? That doesn't sound buyer friendly to me. Or sensible.

The point of this thread was essentially to warn people that wonder_point does not send the item as seen in the auction not to complain.

I simply listed the facts of the event so people could see what had occured.

I didn't return the item because it wasn't a refund I wanted, and that was all ebay seemed it was interested in giving.
Would you spend $38 to send back and item that you already spent $28 + shipping on to only get $28 back? That doesn't sound buyer friendly to me. Or sensible.

Nope, I'd send it parcel, with tracking and $50 insurance, spending a whopping $3. Then get my refund when it arrives, leave a negative feedback and buy elsewhere. :huh

Well, the lady at the P.O. didn't give me that option. She told me the only way to send it with a tracking # would cost $38.

is delivery confimation that different than tracking? it may not give you every stop but it lets you know that it arrived & thats never over $1.00.

Nope, I'd send it parcel, with tracking and $50 insurance, spending a whopping $3. Then get my refund when it arrives, leave a negative feedback and buy elsewhere. :huh

wonder_point is a seller outta Hong Kong. returning would be pricey, since probably Global Express is the only option w/ tracking (which is needed to fulfill ebays policy). so $38 sounds about right.
also, this is in the Statue-prop section

Most of my ebay purchases are expensive stuff... Cheap stuff I buy elsewhere... Unless I have ebay bucks. Ebay is full of chance but they do a pretty good job of controlling buyer and seller fraud. I know you got screwed, but it wasn't tons of money... Just leave negative feedback and move on. China sellers are iffy to begin with.

I never buy or sell (from/to) anyone outside the USA.

And your point is?

THe point is there are a lot of international sellers that sell 'fake', sometimes damaged items. International buyers, well some countries have thieves working in the customs or mail services. Some of the buyers are thieves themselves, they say they never received item(s) and they put claims against you and EBAY most of the time sides with the buyer.

THe point is there are a lot of international sellers that sell 'fake', sometimes damaged items. International buyers, well some countries have thieves working in the customs or mail services. Some of the buyers are thieves themselves, they say they never received item(s) and they put claims against you and EBAY most of the time sides with the buyer.

:exactly:

Thank you firefly for spelling it out for Stampe.:hi5:

So in other words: US sellers and buyers are perfect and all others are cheaters, thieves, ect .............. thanks for selling it out.:cuckoo:

The two times I've been cheated by an eBay seller they both were american - go figure.

Dude thats just my policy. Do what you want. I'm not saying all international ebayers are cheats. But a lot of them are. And I'd rather deal with a cheater from Nebraska than a cheater from Sri Lanka. The main reason I don't deal with foreigners is because shipping is always a nightmare. To and from.

Whether people in other countries are cheats or not, it can be more difficult to pursue them if things do go wrong. I do buy from overseas sellers, but only when their ratings are very high, and I expect to have communication difficulties.

So in other words: US sellers and buyers are perfect and all others are cheaters, thieves, ect .............. thanks for selling it out.:cuckoo:

The two times I've been cheated by an eBay seller they both were american - go figure.

I've recently been cheated on ebay for the first time and the seller was american. But I've also dealt with lots of american sellers & buyers that were super nice so that one a$$hole won't put me off buying/selling overseas.

Back