Best Affordable Dremmel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pajji

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey All...been looking to purchase a Dremel....any recommendations on which model to buy? Thanks!

I don't remember the model I have, but I definitely reccommend the kind that plugs in to the wall. Spare yourself all that rechargeable battery crap.

Gotcha...so def one with speeds...saw one, corded...but only single speed...thanks! I'll look for one with multiple speeds

Gotcha...so def one with speeds...saw one, corded...but only single speed...thanks! I'll look for one with multiple speeds

Yeap, multiple speeds are good. I had a single speed model and they are for heavy duty work, can't use it to work on delicate stuff.

I got one a couple years back at Big Lots for, like, $15. Only had one speed, but had a bunch of accessories (and it plugged into the wall). Probably not the best anything, but it was affordable anyway.

That's awesome Mando! I actually just checked my local Lowes and they have some in stock...will check it out tomorrow...

Before your post I was directed to this one...what ya think?:

Dremel 4000-2/30 120-Volt Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002L3RUVG[/ame]

I just purchased the 3000 yesterday for modding the granas table from Ikea. Depends on what kind of stuff that you want to do with it I guess. I really like it so far and wish I had picked one up sooner! I second the advice for not getting one that works on battery.

Anyone have this: Dremel 225-01 Flex Shaft Attachment ?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000302Y8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

Looks like its perfect for 1/6 scale

Mando is right about the battery charged ones, also I've went threw a few dremels and burnt them out in my day. I still have a 3000 and a 4000 and they have lasted for the longest of any of them.

Ski

Back