Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcc1700f.jpg

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52100619.html

I finally opened my threezero black swordsman guts after getting him about 6 years ago and just about all his pleather is peeling and he's got a lot of it. I don't really care that much cus I figured it would be.

I finally opened my threezero black swordsman guts after getting him about 6 years ago and just about all his pleather is peeling and he's got a lot of it. I don't really care that much cus I figured it would be.

Oh no... do you have pictures?

I wonder if its black underneath? i have seen people also just paint he cloth black on other figures that had pleather peeling too, only issue might be the brown straps ofcourse. but those might be paintable too?

So the SHF Griffith is out and overall it's looking pretty Great, sculpt is pretty soft in areas but the real thing i wanted to bring up is the headsculpt.. sheesh, its looking rough, the face shape is really off, i thought the Figma looked pretty strange with the super red lips, but with the SHF the paint apps and the really round face is off - 100% going to be displaying the SHF with the helmeted head, and the Threezero with the un-helmeted headsculpt, i think as far as figures go Threezero looks a lot more like Griffith than the other attempts - obviously scale is one thing but regardless likeness is important on any scale.

Idk, maybe its the Nose that is really throwing things off for me in the SHF, Threezero nailed that and especially the eyes...At least the SHF has different face plates but idk id rather have one solid face than a bunch off off ones.
.395575786_882007966620058_4628264341267072356_n.jpg1_6_BERSERK_Griffith-Reborn-Band-of-Falcon_13-1-scaled.jpg
Thoughts?

Last edited:
His face is rounder in the manga (figma is based on the movies where everyone got given a pointy chin).

Plus the Bandai team are working with Studio Gaga’s direct input, it’s accurate to their high standards.

IMG_6304.jpeg

So the SHF Griffith is out and overall it's looking pretty Great, sculpt is pretty soft in areas but the real thing i wanted to bring up is the headsculpt.. sheesh, its looking rough, the face shape is really off, i thought the Figma looked pretty strange with the super red lips, but with the SHF the paint apps and the really round face is off - 100% going to be displaying the SHF with the helmeted head, and the Threezero with the un-helmeted headsculpt, i think as far as figures go Threezero looks a lot more like Griffith than the other attempts - obviously scale is one thing but regardless likeness is important on any scale.

Idk, maybe its the Nose that is really throwing things off for me in the SHF, Threezero nailed that and especially the eyes...At least the SHF has different face plates but idk id rather have one solid face than a bunch off off ones.
Thoughts?
I agree, the Figuarts jawline is too wide/full. The proto/solicitation pics had the shape better. I plan on having it displayed with the helmet on and riding the horse.

Screenshot_20231027-092207.png

.View attachment 671143View attachment 671144
Thoughts?
Well To be fair 3zero it's doing 1/6 scale figure.

Off topic again

I'm still in the painting process but I think I'm about to finish it

Attachments

• PXL_20231028_231756265~3.jpg
    PXL_20231028_231756265~3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You can. Be very careful though! If you're doing this with a character like Guts, who has a sort of tint to his skin and a subtle black wash, it can result in the acne area being lighter than the original skin tone. I think if it's a light skinned character with no paint applied, it's safer. The front of Guts is fine, but the skin became lighter in a couple of areas of his neck because it faded the wash. It didn't do this everywhere though. The acne cream also faded away the bottom right of his brand, so I do NOT recommend applying to any figures that have surface decals ( I did very carefully apply with a tooth pick to avoid the actual brand and tried to just get the dyed parts, but it still faded a little regardless) I have a custom head ordered, which is why I took the risk experimenting with the stock head and wasn't too annoyed about things fading.

I applied a little cream to each area every morning, then wiped it away in the evening and applied more at night. Did that for about three weeks.
Guts was particularly bad because he had cape damage, plus black scuffing from falling from the shelf due to loose joints. He was one of my first 1/6 and I didn't know anything about dye transferring to figures or the need to wash capes, so I had his collar up high, touching his face for a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NR1YVYU/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 635848
I got around to starting this process. How slow was it to come off? Because I tried two 12 hour shifts of it and it doesn't even look like it did anything at all.

So it seems like the most recent Figurearts Guts that was released has issues with the joints. Which means the Berserker armor Guts that will be released in the spring will likely suffer from the same issues.

So it looks like overall Threezero is the winner here?

So it seems like the most recent Figurearts Guts that was released has issues with the joints. Which means the Berserker armor Guts that will be released in the spring will likely suffer from the same issues.

No issues with the joints, and they’re not that comparable. Both winners maybe.

Well the Theeezero Black Swordsman armor Guts apparently had some issues with breakages as well with the punches and whatnot, but hopefully it's fixed in the reissue, I heard a lot can be fixed with glue tho, but the Shf has the same issue too so that's kind of even..

I'd say honestly if I had to pick just one or the other... with the shf being $99.99usd, id maybe just save up the extra for the Theeezero if you aren't into playing or toy photography often with figure and I'm more of a 1/12 collector myself but I've recently gotten into 1/6 scale stuff with Threezero and Asmus, and I really like the things you get for the price and the detail is worth it.

1/6 scale also just looks more impressive on display if you've got the space for it, but I only have the Berserker armor guts and some other anime Threezero stuff but I plan on getting all the rest, Threezero impressed me with the Armored guts, very awesome figure.

Threezero Skull Knight has released

1699109086957.png

Picture is not mine but from an Asian collector who received his along with Shin Kamen Rider directly from threezero store which could mean that Guts is following soon.

1699109163981.png

Also @OmarColeccionador the day you stop sharing your Zodd custom progress is the day this thread will go quiet. : (

Back