BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They come up on ebay. From China.

Found it in my past emails! I bought it just over two years ago though and it was $34.

"Toy Model 1/6 Scale Scene Wooden Clothes Tree Fit for 12" action figure"

Thanks I'll keep my eye out for one, hope they come up again.

I need your help... I'm thinking about changing my Daco sculpt to iminime one, but with JNIX painting.
What do you guys think??

I don't really like original iminime painting, but this one by SilentSurfer is awesome, and I know JNIX can make good as this one (he painted mine Rick Grimes):
SherlockComparison.jpg

Got my Daco Watson sculpt from KumaKuma. Decided to give it a paint up. I'm still a beginner, and can't do eyes well to save my life, but I must say, it's an amazing sculpt.

amxRZzZ.jpg
MUI7uEk.jpg

I need your help... I'm thinking about changing my Daco sculpt to iminime one, but with JNIX painting.
What do you guys think??

I don't really like original iminime painting, but this one by SilentSurfer is awesome, and I know JNIX can make good as this one (he painted mine Rick Grimes)

I gave in and ordered an unpainted sculpt too. I like the Iminime sculpt, but don't like the painting either. I've been keeping an eye out for artists. It's very hard to tell unless they've done that particular head sculpt before because they all seem to have strengths and weaknesses. Kumakuma takes commissions as well, but has put his/her price up recently. Jnix painted Han great, but I wasn't so keen on my Luke. Let us know how you get on because then I can decide! :lol

Got my Daco Watson sculpt from KumaKuma. Decided to give it a paint up. I'm still a beginner, and can't do eyes well to save my life, but I must say, it's an amazing sculpt.

You could always get eye decals from hunterdnc. I was thinking of getting them and then using them as a guid and painting over the top to practice.

I gave in and ordered an unpainted sculpt too. I like the Iminime sculpt, but don't like the painting either. I've been keeping an eye out for artists. It's very hard to tell unless they've done that particular head sculpt before because they all seem to have strengths and weaknesses. Kumakuma takes commissions as well, but has put his/her price up recently. Jnix painted Han great, but I wasn't so keen on my Luke. Let us know how you get on because then I can decide! :lol
My Rick Grimes is perfect! haha
SVyCs9X.jpg

But what sculpt you think is better? Iminime or Daco?

Hmm. Not really sure what to make of it, if I'm honest. Has good points and bad. I'm glad they're doing him though :rock2

They captured his serious expression with that chair pose though. I'll be buying it anyway :lol

Can you provide the Facebook link, please? Or wherever you got the pictures.

Hmm. Not really sure what to make of it, if I'm honest. Has good points and bad. I'm glad they're doing him though :rock2

They captured his serious expression with that chair pose though. I'll be buying it anyway :lol

Can you provide the Facebook link, please? Or wherever you got the pictures.

Sure! Here: https://weibo.com/cgltoys

I'm not super crazy about the sculpt but the rest looks nice. Those melded together hands are weird though. :lol

I guess it's a fair starting point for a Watson figure. We still need a sculpt with a strong likeness though.

I got this one last week and I need to find a good painter for it. The sculpt looks pretty good, IMO.

IMG_7301.JPG

After looking at this thread and rewatching Sherlock, I really wanted to do a custom Sherlock build to add to my collection. So after I found some suitable material to make his coat, it kicked me into overdrive. I purchased a Doctor Strange head sculpt and heavily modified it. I'm not quite happy with the hair and need to detail it more and I may even do a rooted hair version down the road, but this will do for now. I have a CGL Watson coming, so I hope to get Sherlock painted and the coat sewn soon so I can display them together.
Anyway, here's the trial cast of the sculpt:
SHERLOCK-1.jpg

After looking at this thread and rewatching Sherlock, I really wanted to do a custom Sherlock build to add to my collection. So after I found some suitable material to make his coat, it kicked me into overdrive. I purchased a Doctor Strange head sculpt and heavily modified it. I'm not quite happy with the hair and need to detail it more and I may even do a rooted hair version down the road, but this will do for now. I have a CGL Watson coming, so I hope to get Sherlock painted and the coat sewn soon so I can display them together.
Anyway, here's the trial cast of the sculpt:

My CGL Watson came today.

If you look further back through this thread HERE, you'll see the original artist of that Dr Strange sculpt did his own Sherlock version of it. Unfortunately, because the original is licensed/paid for through Hot Toys, he wasn't willing to sell any when I asked.

Will you be providing copies of the re-sculpt to members?

If you look further back through this thread HERE, you'll see the original artist of that Dr Strange sculpt did his own Sherlock version of it. Unfortunately, because the original is licensed/paid for through Hot Toys, he wasn't willing to sell any when I asked.

It was a quick sculpt, so I didn’t think about offering it up. I don’t mind though if there are any interest in it as is.
I’d love to see pics of the CGL Watson in hand since I have a couple of weeks of waiting until mine arrives.

Anx10us! It’s been long time. How’s the CGL Watson in hand?

Anx10us! It’s been long time. How’s the CGL Watson in hand?

All right, mate :) I keep my eye on the custom threads and don't post much anymore, but seeing as you guys wanna see CGL Watson:

Just quick snaps. Poor light. Taken with iPhone.

IMG_8897.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

As you can see - compared to BCS Watson, CGL is a lot taller. His jeans and Jacket are just as well made. The shoes are better on BCS. The jumper on the CGL is the best I've ever seen. I have no idea how they got that superb weave. Looks incredible (first and last time I'll be excited about a 1/6 scale jumper!). The headsculpt, although still not like Freeman, is better than BCS's soft piece of crud. The body is sturdy and good, apart from being too tall against the BCS Sherlock.

Overall, great set for the money and I'll use it for parts. Gonna do the same as I did with Sherlock - use BCS parts, custom clothes, and Daco headsculpt (or the Iminime sculpt when I get it painted). I do have a Daco Watson sculpt but it's practically useless because it's so undersized. Might see if it looks good on the Moriarty body.

It was a quick sculpt, so I didn’t think about offering it up. I don’t mind though if there are any interest in it as is.
I’d love to see pics of the CGL Watson in hand since I have a couple of weeks of waiting until mine arrives.

I'd likely buy one from you to add to my collection, if you offer them up. Did you look at the picture/link I posted above? That's Viva Lai who did the Dr Strange sculpt, and he modified it for Sherlock and even showed it to Benedict Cumberbatch. The only difference with yours and his is that he made the hair bigger/puffier at the front.

As you can see - compared to BCS Watson, CGL is a lot taller. His jeans and Jacket are just as well made. The shoes are better on BCS. The jumper on the CGL is the best I've ever seen. I have no idea how they got that superb weave. Looks incredible (first and last time I'll be excited about a 1/6 scale jumper!). The headsculpt, although still not like Freeman, is better than BCS's soft piece of crud. The body is sturdy and good, apart from being too tall against the BCS Sherlock.

Overall, great set for the money and I'll use it for parts. Gonna do the same as I did with Sherlock - use BCS parts, custom clothes, and Daco headsculpt (or the Iminime sculpt when I get it painted). I do have a Daco Watson sculpt but it's practically useless because it's so undersized. Might see if it looks on on the Moriarty body.

Though I wasn't the one to initially ask, thanks for the opinion on the CGL Watson. I was considering a purchase just for the clothing alone, mainly for that jumper. How does the CGL black jacket compare to the BCS, if you don't mind me asking?

I too have the Daco Watson sculpt and it's better than BCS by far, but I did notice that it seemed rather undersized. I put it on a DamToys narrow shoulder body and I think it works pretty well on there. Perhaps not perfect, but well-enough. I have one pic of it, but it's currently at the painter's awaiting a paintjob, so unfortunately I cannot take more at the moment.

NM7qNljl.jpg

Last edited:
Back