Battle: Los Angeles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it yesterday and it had 0 impact on me.Guess you have to be american to enjoy this big U.S. marines giant infomercial... Probably the movie with the most action scenes I ever saw though.More power to you if you like that kind of movie,but for me its a 1/10.

:)......................

Would it have had more of an impact for you if the Marines were replaced with Canadian Mountees? :lol

4702fb22108a2d.jpg
:lol

don't think i'll see this, after the miserable attempt of movie making of big bad aliens called "Skyline" i just can't see myself watching another one.

I saw it yesterday.
I loved it.

ID4 without the stupid stuff crammed in.
District 9, with better action, minus the intelligence.
Call it what you will, it's basically just a movie about marines kicking alien butt.

Is the plot really complex? No.
Does the acting suck? Not really. It just seemed like they were acting like marines. They fit right in with every marine I know (and I know a lot).
Was the camera too shakey? I guess if you are roger ebert, and a ******, then yeah. But to me, it was just fine. MANY shots in the movie were perfectly steady, well thought out shots, with really nice lighting and positioning put into them. Others, especially the heavy combat, were done hand held like bsg, and black hawk, etc, to mimic current wartime footage coming out of afghanistan and iraq. It worked great to me, and helped keep the aliens from ALWAYS being visible, which to me, cheapens it. Made it more chaotic, frantic, scary, interesting, etc.

Will it, or should it win awards? No. None that I can think of.
But I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I can't wait to watch it again with my father (A marine, who watches the crap out of ID4, and owns like 14 versions of it on every format ever..)

Nobody ever claimed it was gonna be some huge, mind bending, thought provoking movie. It was an aliens vs. marines movie.

Go see it if you havn't. Just have fun. It's a popcorn flick. We don't get many of them that are this fun, and this visually impressive! And as much as I pretty much seek out depressing and well done drama, sci fi, political, what have you films.. It was a relief to just go relax at a movie, have fun, and not feel like crying afterwards!

My two cents.
Which are worth probably less than a cent, actually.

Well, maybe they should suggest it wont be emotional during the trailers. Yeah? Maybe they should've suggested it was just a plotless film about action. Which is totally fine. But they marketed it wrong.

I think this trailer is brilliant. It's very emotional, and intense.

Does that really look like a mindless action flick? I didnt think it did. It looked like a pretty intense epic film.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CWPkJD0YHeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not trying to be a hater here...but that trailer is really good, and made me feel something.

I also thought District 9 had better action....because the scenes carried an emotional weight, which made the scenes more intense. For me atleast.

I saw it yesterday.
I loved it.

ID4 without the stupid stuff crammed in.
District 9, with better action, minus the intelligence.
Call it what you will, it's basically just a movie about marines kicking alien butt.

Is the plot really complex? No.
Does the acting suck? Not really. It just seemed like they were acting like marines. They fit right in with every marine I know (and I know a lot).
Was the camera too shakey? I guess if you are roger ebert, and a ******, then yeah. But to me, it was just fine. MANY shots in the movie were perfectly steady, well thought out shots, with really nice lighting and positioning put into them. Others, especially the heavy combat, were done hand held like bsg, and black hawk, etc, to mimic current wartime footage coming out of afghanistan and iraq. It worked great to me, and helped keep the aliens from ALWAYS being visible, which to me, cheapens it. Made it more chaotic, frantic, scary, interesting, etc.

Will it, or should it win awards? No. None that I can think of.
But I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I can't wait to watch it again with my father (A marine, who watches the crap out of ID4, and owns like 14 versions of it on every format ever..)

Nobody ever claimed it was gonna be some huge, mind bending, thought provoking movie. It was an aliens vs. marines movie.

Go see it if you havn't. Just have fun. It's a popcorn flick. We don't get many of them that are this fun, and this visually impressive! And as much as I pretty much seek out depressing and well done drama, sci fi, political, what have you films.. It was a relief to just go relax at a movie, have fun, and not feel like crying afterwards!

My two cents.
Which are worth probably less than a cent, actually.

:goodpost: Good post, Husker! :clap :rock :clap

The bold part made me LMAO and spit out some coffee! :lol :lol :lol

I think this trailer is brilliant. It's very emotional, and intense.

Does that really look like a mindless action flick? I didnt think it did. It looked like a pretty intense epic film.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CWPkJD0YHeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not trying to be a hater here...but that trailer is really good, and made me feel something.

I also thought District 9 had better action....because the scenes carried an emotional weight, which made the scenes more intense. For me atleast.

I think you should change the trailer music to the same one you used with Captain America :lol

Is Celtic still _____ing like a little girl about this movie? Jesus that kid is like a dog with a bone. :slap

Its an action flick with some emotion in it. I felt like it had some for me anyways. It was what I figured it would be honestly non stop action with marines killing aliens and vice versa.

It was ok, had some good parts but lacked character development. Bridget Moynahan was not believable as a vet, her character was really underdeveloped, and you end up wondering why she is in the movie at all. Aaron Eckhart acted very well and was a definitely a bright spot. Directing could have been better and the jerky style camera took away from some of the underlying emotions that could have been highlighted. The camera was still frantically moving around at tense poignant moments. The flashback at the start was unecessary, and they could have just used a normal timecourse.

It's is heaps better than Skyline and does contain some nice gritty action sequences. Unfortunately, it misses the mark somewhat on character development and emotion. Still, it was enjoyable.

Last edited:
Jesus...is Josh still saying good things about this movie? Damn, he said his piece when will he go away!!! Hurkadurrrrrr....

For someone who routinely defends the Michael Bay TRANSFORMERS flicks like a mother bear, you've picked an interesting movie with which to portray your tastes as high-brow.

For someone who routinely defends the Michael Bay TRANSFORMERS flicks like a mother bear, you've picked an interesting movie with which to portray your tastes as high-brow.

Never claimed that, but from that trailer, I expected it be more emotional. Every Transformers trailer came off as silly fun.

Guess it's a crime...:lol

this seems to be dropping off at the box office already :rotfl

Doesn't surprise me honestly. Its a good flick and one I'll buy on blu but not something I expect to last at the top too long. Sucker Punch will be the new #1 after this weekend anyway.

Back