Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I'm talking about right there. I've got the new GL on order I cant wait to put him and Aquaman with these. The JLA is going to look fantastic.

It will be another epic display you will show here like you did when you showed your trinty when you got WW. And this piece is fantastic cause it comes with 2 display hands when they could've made the batarang hand the exclusive like they did with the original. :yess:

Quick update: I ended up finding the missing pad in the box and moved the pad that was put in the wrong place to the proper position-it balances perfectly fine now.

Those pads have been a PITA - this is a new one having issues with the friggin' pads on the base. I don't recall having a problem with the original Batman PF (or I just never noticed), but whatever glue they used to stick these pads to the base was not strong enough (yours didn't even stay attached in the box). I have these PFs on top of IKEA DETOLFs and I definitely gave this one some space away from the other PFs to get the cape on without knocking anything else over. Trying to move it after it was together was a mistake. The pads just slid around. Took it all apart (which is great when it's all out of balance), put the pads back in place, tried again.... Even though I think I have them in their original places (where the glue residue was), all 4 pads aren't making contact. 3 are, though, and I guess that will have to do since I so don't want to take this down again. I can't really forsee it tipping, but I can't say seeing that one pad lifted away from the surface isn't making me a bit nervous.

The statue itself is amazing. I much prefer it over the original. So glad I didn't cancel.

I have to say, I'm really impressed with this piece, I prefer it over the original and I'm so glad I didn't cancel it. I feel like it has more presences than the original. Very awesome!

Sideshow should release a huge base that can accomodate all the Justice League PFs. You can take a member off of their individual base and put them onto a base that looks like they're all standing on the same thing and have it say "Justice League". Either a huge base or a connecting diorama thing.

I thought about that, but the weight for a Seven member base would probably be crazy

It will be another epic display you will show here like you did when you showed your trinty when you got WW. And this piece is fantastic cause it comes with 2 display hands when they could've made the batarang hand the exclusive like they did with the original. :yess:

Oh I can't wait to have them all displayed. It'll mean my wallet can rest a bit too :lol Did you pick this one up?

I still need to find a way to build better shelves though. The only problem is I think I need a house first, but houses where I am are not all that much bang for the buck so I've been looking for work further North, hoping I can find something there where housing is cheaper...and more spread out.

I don't think it will be, not to rain on your parade, BR, but I heard there will be a Batman announcement and possibly an X-men announcement, some are speculating Phoenix or Dark Phoenix.

Aquaman and Darkseid were announced last year so maybe at least two DC announcements this year.

I really like this more than I thought I would. I stayed away initially since the emblem looked like a sticker but seeing these pictures has sold me on it. With all the other grey/black Batmans, this is a nice way to change up the display. I wish I didn't have the original PF so I could get this one. Looks like it's time to sell the original and make a replacement.

All this talk from people who got theirs and yet no pictures....

What the hell is going on??? ;) ;) ;)

:lol UPS thought it was a good idea to try and deliver mine at 2pm yesterday, so I have to go get him today. I just had Sideshow switch my carrier option to FedEx, I'm tired of UPS delivering at all times of the day. The FedEx guy is at my house the same time everyday.

Oh I can't wait to have them all displayed. It'll mean my wallet can rest a bit too :lol Did you pick this one up?

I still need to find a way to build better shelves though. The only problem is I think I need a house first, but houses where I am are not all that much bang for the buck so I've been looking for work further North, hoping I can find something there where housing is cheaper...and more spread out.

Yes indeed I did. This is a no brainer, 2000 ES, 2 hands, the oval 1970's style emblem and that new, cool head. I get most of my stuff through SS but I will on occasion order from Alteregocomics cause their pricing and shipping is cheaper. Yeah you definitely need a house to display this stuff cause an apt has limited space. You probably know this, but Ikea has those 43 and 79 inch 2 inch thick Lack shelves. But all you need to do is make sure you attach it to the studs behind the walls. With a house that's yours that is definitely 1 way to solve that issue of how to display. i should get my bats by end of next week and I will definitely get some pics up. Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes indeed I did. This is a no brainer, 2000 ES, 2 hands, the oval 1970's style emblem and that new, cool head. I get most of my stuff through SS but I will on occasion order from Alteregocomics cause their pricing and shipping is cheaper. Yeah you definitely need a house to display this stuff cause an apt has limited space. You probably know this, but Ikea has those 43 and 79 inch 2 inch thick Lack shelves. But all you need to do is make sure you attach it to the studs behind the walls. With a house that's yours that is definitely 1 way to solve that issue of how to display. i should get my bats by end of next week and I will definitely get some pics up. Happy Thanksgiving.

I just picked mine up, I have to say he's better than I expected. The cloth is a darker grey so the blue Pops nicely. I think you'll be pleased. I'll take some pics when I have some time this weekend.

As for shelves one of the guys on the statue collector facebook page does custom shelving and cabinets and showed an easy way to make nice shelves that hold a lot of weight, which is good for these because at 10-30lbs. each it gets heavy quick. So I'm thinking of doing what he suggests but it takes space to put together so a house is a must.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving as well sir, I'm about to prep my bird with some seasonings ;)

I'm starting to run out of room in my apartment just with all these shipping boxes I'm accumulating, the Batman box is huge.

Couldn't help myself, had to snap a few shots.

BlueBat1 SM.jpg
BlueBat2 SM.jpg
BlueBat3 SM.jpg
BlueBat4 SM.jpg
BlueBat5 SM.jpg
BlueBat6 SM.jpg
BlueBat7 SM.jpg
BlueBat8 SM.jpg
BlueBat9 SM.jpg

Back